Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm In, Part 5. ReVox G36, Beans Spilled Everywhere...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dre_J View Post

The technical term is called:

Non Digital Analogue-Magnetisum

Also known as "Ki's Disease"
    I like "Ki's Disease." Wonder how that will go over with the wives when men explain why they have an ever growing tape deck collection? "Sorry honey, but I have Ki's Disease and I just can't stop buying tape decks."
    SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek with an SME 3012R with Dyna XV-1S cartridge, VPI Avenger table with rim drive and JMW -12-3D arrm with Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dre_J View Post

The technical term is called:

Non Digital Analogue-Magnetisum

Also known as "Ki's Disease"
      Ok boys, not many people in this world have diseases named after them. I am in the honorable accompaniment of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and etc.

Not to disappoint Andre and keep a distance from him, I countered his acquisition of a G36 with one of my own.

I still have four Tandberg 64X tube 1/4" four track machines but G36 is more substantial. The best thing about the original Tandberg 64Xs is that it came with all Telefunken tubes especially the 12AX7s. I haven't run the G36 yet. It is being cooked over a variac.

I'll post some photos as soon as I get over being named a disease.

Ki

Comment

Originally posted by Ki Choi View Post

Ok boys, not many people in this world have diseases named after them. I am in the honorable accompaniment of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and etc.

Not to disappoint Andre and keep a distance from him, I countered his acquisition of a G36 with one of my own.

I still have four Tandberg 64X tube 1/4" four track machines but G36 is more substantial. The best thing about the original Tandberg 64Xs is that it came with all Telefunken tubes especially the 12AX7s. I haven't run the G36 yet. It is being cooked over a variac.

I'll post some photos as soon as I get over being named a disease.

Ki
        Don't worry Ki, I'm in the early stages of Non Digital Analogue-Magnetisum . So, my "Ki's Disease" it's treatable and it may be in remission as I write this response: for now.

Congratulations on getting a G36 --it's been a ride of surprises and successes with the one I acquired. I hope your G36 is in good health with minimal work needed. Looking forward to your pictures and comments.

Dre
        Every day is a good day to play analog.
        - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
        - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
        Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

Working...
        X