The Studer A80VU MKII in "video" action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Studer A80VU MKII in "video" action

As mentioned the thread post here: Videos of tape decks playing music are coming - Audionirvana.org

This post also has one system video of the analog frontend playing the entire Scheherazade 2nd movement Reiner conducting the Chicago Symphony for perspective.

Per the mention in the "Videos of tape decks playing music are coming" thread, I decided to share a few videos of the tape decks I've acquired and restored/worked on.

The third deck for these posts will be my Studer A80VU MKII.

For information on my acquisition and repairs/restoration of the Studer A80VU MKII, you can review a thread of items worked on here: I'm In, Part 4. Studer A80 VU MK II, Beans Spilled Everywhere... - Audionirvana.org

NOTE: Select 1080p HD for playback video quality for best sound

The first and second videos show the Studer A80VU MKII in operation with the playback up close to the deck in front of the speakers but not in the listening position:
    • The first video is a performance by Basie.
    Direct Link:
    Studer A80VU MKII @15ips playing Jazz - YouTube

Embedded Video:
    • The second Video is a performance by Ray Brown and Milt Jackson that I recorded from an LP.
    Direct Link:
    Studer A80VU MKII @15ips playing Jazz (2) - YouTube

Embedded Video:

The third and forth video will show the Studer A80VU MKII in operation with the playback up close to the deck (with bonus A 820 images) in front of the main speakers location towards the right wall of the listening room.
    • This third video is part 1 of a Jazz piece by Chet Baker that I recorded from an AP test pressing LP.
    Direct Link:
    Studer A80VU MKII @15ips playing Jazz (3) part 1 - YouTube

Embedded Video:
    • This forth video is part 2 of a Jazz piece by Chet Baker that I recorded from an AP test pressing LP.
    Direct Link:
    Studer A80VU MKII @15ips playing Jazz (3) part 2 - YouTube

Embedded Video:

Enjoy,
    Dre
    Last edited by Dre_J; 01-11-2021, 10:04 AM.
    Every day is a good day to play analog.
    - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
    - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
    Every day is a good day for live music.

And people are listening to DACs .... what has become of us?
    Phono: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
    Brinkmann Balance & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas Lamda, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
    Amps: Custom Direct Drive, Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2. Bedini 25/25
    Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
    Speakers: Beveridge Model 3 Direct Drive amps, REL S/2 x 2, Quad ESL pair
    Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

Working...
    X