X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAS Golden Ear Awards 2019: : Andre Jennings

TAS Golden Ear Awards 2019: : Andre Jennings

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...ndre-jennings/

The article linked above describes a few brief comments on these items listed below and/or why I gave them awards for this year:

- Graham Engineering Phantom III Tonearm
    - Channel D Lino C 2.0 Phonostage
    - Vandersteen Audio Sub Three Subwoofer

Dre
    Every day is a good day to play analog.
    - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
    - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
    Every day is a good day for live music.

Dre, your capsule review of the Lino C is spot on. I'm really impressed by mine, I mainly acquired it for a ripping project I am embarking on but in absolute terms Its among the best phono eq's I've used in any of my systems which says a lot. the one caveat as you know is a compatible cartridge with a low DCR.
    Simon Yorke + Zyx + B.M.C .> Soulution > Boulder > Magico

"Listening to Analogue music is an act of rebellion in a digital gulag" - Simon Yorke

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      Dre, your capsule review of the Lino C is spot on. I'm really impressed by mine, I mainly acquired it for a ripping project I am embarking on but in absolute terms Its among the best phono eq's I've used in any of my systems which says a lot. the one caveat as you know is a compatible cartridge with a low DCR.
      Thanks Rob.

The full review/report of the Lino C 2.0, written earlier this year, isn't in print yet. So, I can't say much related to the actual text.

However, given how I generally test items in the analog chain with multiple configurations, I'd say don't let the fact that the Lino C 2.0 is excellent with super low impedance (< 1.0 Ohm) Moving Coil cartridges deter you from using it with standard impedance MC cartridges. There is some gain adjustability and my tests show it still performs very well. Obviously, if the MC cartridge's internal impedance is up past, say 15-30 Ohms, there may be unavoidable issues.

Dre

Comment

Originally posted by Dre_J View Post

Thanks Rob.

The full review/report of the Lino C 2.0, written earlier this year, isn't in print yet. So, I can't say much related to the actual text.

However, given how I generally test items in the analog chain with multiple configurations, I'd say don't let the fact that the Lino C 2.0 is excellent with super low impedance (< 1.0 Ohm) Moving Coil cartridges deter you from using it with standard impedance MC cartridges. There is some gain adjustability and my tests show it still performs very well. Obviously, if the MC cartridge's internal impedance is up past, say 15-30 Ohms, there may be unavoidable issues.

Dre
        So far I've used a My Sonic Lab Eminent GL with an internal impedance of 1 Ohm. The transfig, Koetsu and Supex (Troika) i've tried thus far have a DCR ~ 4-5 Ohms and have worked very well into the Lino C. I'd really like to get my paws on the Haniwa with a DCR of 0.5 Ohms Dr. Robinson has heard them all and says the Haniwa is worth the pursuit.

Will you eventually review the flagship L20?
        Simon Yorke + Zyx + B.M.C .> Soulution > Boulder > Magico

"Listening to Analogue music is an act of rebellion in a digital gulag" - Simon Yorke

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post

So far I've used a My Sonic Lab Eminent GL with an internal impedance of 1 Ohm. The transfig, Koetsu and Supex (Troika) i've tried thus far have a DCR ~ 4-5 Ohms and have worked very well into the Lino C. I'd really like to get my paws on the Haniwa with a DCR of 0.5 Ohms Dr. Robinson has heard them all and says the Haniwa is worth the pursuit.

Will you eventually review the flagship L20?
          Hi Rob. I believe they were/are still trying to fill demand for the L20 2.0 at that time.

Dre

Comment

Working...
          X