• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAS: Channel D Lino C 2.0 Phonostage - Equipment Report

Channel D Lino C 2.0 Phonostage
    - Transimpedance Your Phono Cartridge!

Equipment Report
    By Andre Jennings

"The Lino C 2.0’s current-mode input differs from standard voltage-mode phonostages in how the signal is delivered to and used by ..."

My TAS Equipment Report of the Channel D Lino C 2.0 Phonostage is now online here:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...20-phonostage/
    The Channel D Lino C 2.0 is a current-mode (transimpedance) phonostage for low-output, low-impedance moving-coil cartridges.
    Every day is a good day to play analog.
    - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
    - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
    Every day is a good day for live music.

Very educational and in-depth review of the Lino 2.0. Highly technical I thought for us serious geeks too.

Gary Koh had designed a current-mode phonostage few years back as well, and I have one installed in my setup. I would say that your assessment of not having the load resistors unlike found in more conventional voltage-mode phonostage, is a huge plus. As you mentioned, no loading resistors mean no chance to add personal "flavor" is spot on. However, I would have thought most of the anal audiophiles would want to hear what the cartridge will actually produce without adding or removing anything. For that, I am happy to use multiple cartridges like a normal fickle audiophile and smile I don't have to change the dip switches to change the cartridge load every time. Thanks, Ki

Comment

Originally posted by Ki Choi View Post
      Very educational and in-depth review of the Lino 2.0. Highly technical I thought for us serious geeks too.

Gary Koh had designed a current-mode phonostage few years back as well, and I have one installed in my setup. I would say that your assessment of not having the load resistors unlike found in more conventional voltage-mode phonostage, is a huge plus. As you mentioned, no loading resistors mean no chance to add personal "flavor" is spot on. However, I would have thought most of the anal audiophiles would want to hear what the cartridge will actually produce without adding or removing anything. For that, I am happy to use multiple cartridges like a normal fickle audiophile and smile I don't have to change the dip switches to change the cartridge load every time. Thanks, Ki
      Thanks Ki.

Yes, no need for a cartridge load resistor with this type of transimpedance phonostage can remove an item of concern for some of our fellow hobbyists.

I'm happy to read you found the review to be educational and hopefully enjoyable as well.

Dre
      Every day is a good day to play analog.
      - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
      - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
      Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

Working...
      X