• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAS: Vandersteen Kento Carbon Loudspeaker - Equipment Report

Vandersteen Audio KĒNTO Carbon Loudspeaker
    - Extraordinary Cohesiveness!

Equipment report
    by Andre Jennings

My TAS Equipment Report of the Vandersteen Audio KĒNTO Carbon Loudspeaker is now online here:
    Vandersteen Audio Kento Carbon Loudspeaker - The Absolute Sound

"Vandersteen Audio says that “early measurements and listening show this speaker’s performance will equal a good part of the Model Seven Mk II’s, and [that it is] a significant step forward with its new proprietary technological features.”

"The sound of the Kento Carbon is, first and foremost, extraordinarily cohesive—completely of-a-piece. It takes little effort to be convinced you are listening to realistically reproduced music."

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/art...on-loudspeaker

Enjoy,
    Dre
    Every day is a good day to play analog.
    - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
    - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
    Every day is a good day for live music.

The Model Seven was the most realistic reproduced presentation of music I have heard...with the ancillary components. If the Kento comes close it's a speaker I would aspire to drive.
    Avalon Time, Walker Proscenium, Koetsu Coralstone, Air Tight PC-1 Supreme, Goldfinger Statement, Dalby record weight, Kondo KSL-SFz step-up, Jadis JP80-MC...heavily modified, Convergent Audio JL-2 Black Path, Sony NS999 ES Modwright modded, full loom High Fidelity Ultimate cables, Rel S-5 sub, Stillpoints ultra and 5's, Shun Mook, Dalby footers, Critical Mass bases, Acoustic System Resonators, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Telefunkens throughout, assorted fuses, Furutech outlets, PurePower conditioner.

Comment

Originally posted by siddh View Post
      The Model Seven was the most realistic reproduced presentation of music I have heard...with the ancillary components. If the Kento comes close it's a speaker I would aspire to drive.
      The first quote I printed above by Vandersteen Audio is on the money in terms of equaling a good part of the Seven and significant step forward.

Dre
      Every day is a good day to play analog.
      - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
      - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
      Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

Working...
      X