• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AXPONA 2017: Analog Sources and Electronics under $15k

My show report is now online at TAS website. Enjoy

AXPONA 2017: Analog Sources and Electronics under $15k

Dre
    "Armed with a bag of 20 LPs, a ¼” 15ips 2nd-generation mastertape of Crazy Joe’s The Doctor Is In! album, and a ¼” 15ips compilation tape filled with direct copies of my vinyl front-end, I started visiting rooms from Day One until the bell rang ending the show on Sunday afternoon."
    Every day is a good day to play analog.
    - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
    - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
    Every day is a good day for live music.

Nice article. Thanks Andre!

Comment

Great work as always.

Comment

Thanks Andre for your impressions. Just reminded me of how big the show was and how little time there was to cover all the products. They need a fourth day just for press.
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
        -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

There's a typo in the writeup about the Clearaudio Charisma V2: it's spelled Chrasma twice.
          Analog: Holbo Turntable, Transfiguration Proteus; Forsell Air Reference, Transfiguration Phoenix S; Rega RP-8, VdH Crimson XGW; VPI Prime Signature, VAS Nova Mono, VAS Nova Signature, Symphonic Line RG-8
          Digital: Mac mini 6,2 with YFS PS-12M LPS; Exogal Comet Plus, Exogal Ion PowerDAC
          Electronics: Aurorasound Vida, Channel D Lino C; Merrill Cara, Gryphon M-100 Mkii (pair)
          Cables: Morrow, Gryphon interconnects; YFS USB cable; Morrow, XLO, Channel D phono cables; Morrow, Gryphon, Goertz speaker cables

Comment

• Dre_J
            Dre_J commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll inform the editors next time I communicate with one of them.

Originally posted by Audioraven View Post
          Nice article. Thanks Andre!
          Originally posted by Gusf View Post
          Great work as always.
          I'm happy you all enjoyed reading the report.

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
          Thanks Andre for your impressions. Just reminded me of how big the show was and how little time there was to cover all the products. They need a fourth day just for press.
          I'd have to agree. A fourth day (press or not) would have been useful for more time to cover the rooms. With two different category assignments to cover, the show was a challenge this year.

Dre
          Every day is a good day to play analog.
          - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
          - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
          Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
            MylesBAstor commented
            Editing a comment
            TAS got their money's worth!
        Working...
        X