Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What cartridges would you like to listen to or read about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like reading about things that are not stocked by dealers in my area if they are compared to items I have heard not very much help to what you should write about.

How about a article 4 items that are at a price point of the average sale item for each a phono stage, table, arm, and cartridge that work together to form a giant killer that is a article people will read and if you get it right many first time buyers will buy that very set up. I would put it on the cover of the mag your first turntable we recommend the following.

Comment

• Fremer reviews the 6k Kuzma car50 and 13k car60 cartridges in this month's Stereophile.

To say he was underwhelmed seems nice. Bland, inoffensive, softened transient attack, lack of slam or bass grip.

I will give it to Fremer, he writes in reviews how he hears it- and he loves Kuzma tonearms, but clearly not the carts.

has anyone heard these carts?

Comment

• Originally posted by solypsa View Post
        Have the Etsuro Urushi Cobalt Blue available for Pacific Northwest demo at the moment- anyone in the area that's curious let me know....
        As a biased party I'll keep my superlatives to a minimum, let's just say really really good. Maybe not for systems that are dark in their alignment as tonal balance is very neutral to slightly sweet, engaging yet low fatigue.
        Regards,

Erik
        http://solypsa.com
        North American distributor for:
        Sensitive Sound MC Cartridges
        STST Turntables + Tonearms

Available for in home setup and calibration of fine turntable systems

Comment

• Has anyone heard the Techdas TDCO1 Ti cartridge?

Comment

• Originally posted by Howiebrou View Post
            Has anyone heard the Techdas TDCO1 Ti cartridge?
            Yes, I've had it in-house for listening.

My short take is the TDC01 Ti (here) was fairly generous with leading edge attack on the start of notes while being a bit more conservative on the trailing notes and, as a result, is less harmonically rich than other cartridges I've used in the same setup.

A more detailed, but still brief, description of my thoughts put in the context of a system setup and specific piece of music can be read here in this review of the Graham Phantom III (Page 2, second paragraph): http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...m-iii-tonearm/

Dre
            Every day is a good day to play analog.
            - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
            - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
            Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dre_J View Post

Yes, I've had it in-house for listening.

My short take is the TDC01 Ti (here) was fairly generous with leading edge attack on the start of notes while being a bit more conservative on the trailing notes and, as a result, is less harmonically rich than other cartridges I've used in the same setup.

A more detailed, but still brief, description of my thoughts put in the context of a system setup and specific piece of music can be read here in this review of the Graham Phantom III (Page 2, second paragraph): http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...m-iii-tonearm/

Dre
              Thank you and nice review of the Phantom 3. I have a chance to get a pretty good value TDC01 Ti (around 4K) so i was wondering how it would stand up to other 4K cartridges.

Comment

• Any of the My Sonic Lab cartridges, and the new line SoundSmiths (low output models)
                SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp, Soundsmith Paua mkII, Benz LPS-mr, Benz Ebony H
                DIGITAL - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/transport, Auralic Vega G2 DAC. Bluesound Node 2i
                PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPS G2 power supply. Lehmann Audio Decade. EAT E Glo Petit & EAT LPS. MoFi Studiophono
                PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
                AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
                SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)
                CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK room treatment

Comment

• Id like to hear the clearaudio goldfinger statement ( everytime I play a Lp )
                  Last edited by JCOConnell; 08-22-2019, 05:01 AM.
                  Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sony MDR-F1 Phones, Headroom Max balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Working...
                  X