Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What turntables would you like to listen to or read about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What turntables would you like to listen to or read about?

Keeping with the approach I used to start a cartridge & tonearm discussion:

What turntables available today have piqued your interests and you would like to listen to or read more about?

Dre
    Every day is a good day to play analog.
    - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
    - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
    Every day is a good day for live music.

LISTEN - Micro Seiki SX 8000 II
    SEAS EXCEL DIY Speakers; CJ Premier 12; CJ Premier 14; CJ Premier EV1; Accuphase DP 85; MAC Airbook + Audionirvana plus+ Qobuz + Tidal; Micro Seiki RX 1500; Ikeda IT 407 12" + Ortofon MC A95; Thomas Schick 12" + Ortofon SPU 90th Anniversary; Fidelity Research FR64 FX 10" + Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII; SME M2 12-R + Ortofon MC XPRESSION; Kenwood KD 7010 + Ortofon Jubilee; Revox B710; Revox A77; Revox PR99; Pure Silver DIY Cables; Sennheiser HD800; Sennheiser HDVD 800; Akai AT S-08 Tuner.

Comment

The Beat TT
      TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Ortofon Windfeld-Ti Cartridge, Arcam R Phono Preamp

Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer

VTL 6.5 preamp
      Pass Labs 150.8 Amp

Piega C711 Loudspeakers

Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls

Acoustic Revive RR-888 Low Frequency Pulse Generator

Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; Synergistic Research Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 power cord, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates & Blue Outlets, Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables

Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

Bergmann

Comment

I would like to listen to one the Transrotor TT.

Comment

EAT C Sharp
            Magnepan 1.7i, VMPS Large Sub, Belden 5000 Speaker Cable, Synthesis 510 AC Integrated Amplifier, Adcom GFA 555 II Power Amplifier, QED passive pre-amp, Celtic Dragon & Grover EX+ Interconnects, Crown SX 722 R/R, Nakamichi RX 202 Cassette Deck, Fosgate Signature Phono Preamplifier, Clearaudio Solution Turntable, Clearaudio Satisfy Tone Arm, Clearaudio Concerto V2 Cartridge, Clearaudio Smart Syncro, Belkin AP41300 Power Conditioner/Surge Protector, Transparent Power Cables

Comment

Originally posted by jcmusic View Post
              I would like to listen to one the Transrotor TT.
              The model I mention below is worth a listen.

I wrote about the JR Transrotor Orion Reference FMD here (nice and quiet table):

JR Transrotor Orion Reference FMD With TR 5009 Tonearm -Three-Dimensional Sound, Three-Dimensional Appearance
              http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...-5009-tonearm/
              Click image for larger version  Name:	?size=648,460.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	79445

Dre

Comment

• MylesBAstor
                MylesBAstor commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m too sexy for my arm.

Always sounds great at RMAF.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              EAT C Sharp
              It is worth a listen.

I wrote about it in a TAS equipment report here:

EAT C-Sharp Turntable with Ortofon Quintet Black Cartridge

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...ack-cartridge/

Dre

Comment

Galibier, new Technics direct drive, Verdier, Kuzma
                Lyra Kleos SL, Dynavector XX-2MKII, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh MR80, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	79464 EMT 927...
                  Christian
                  System Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Garth View Post
                    Bergmann
                    Hi Garth!

We've just being appointed as Bergmann's Premium US dealer. He's looking to add more dealers, specially on the East Coast.

You'll start seeing a lot more Bergmann now. There's a pretty big review coming up in the next couple of months. We're also going to show the Galder/Odin combo in the local shows, and possibly RMAF. We also have a Magne in for a while now, and it's a fantastic table!

Let me know if you'd like to know something specific about them!

thanks,
                    Alex

Disclosure:
                    Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
                    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Solid Steel - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
                    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Comment

• jonathanb
                      jonathanb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Would Bergmann sell their air pumps separately?

• Garth
                      Garth commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I first saw the table at RMAF the wife of the designer was there alone she was very nice kew a lot about the table it just seemed like a good design by good people

• Alex Siufy
                      Alex Siufy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      jonathanb, I don't have the air pumps on the price list, but I can ask Bergmann. Can you please drop me an email with exactly what you need? [email protected]. Thanks.

Garth, yes, good design by good people, that's Johnnie Always liked his table, ever since I heard the Sleipner in home back in Brazil (set up by Johnnie himself!) Even though I had a Kuzma at the time, with a 4point, an excellent combo for sure, the Sleipner did things no other table does. Even the entry-level Magne I have now here in store keeps amazing me.

I'd like to read a comprehensive report/opinion about top vintage tables and how they compare to the best of the currently available tables. I'd also like to understand more about the pros and cons about well executed suspended tables versus well executed non suspended turntables; a primer if you will.

I love to read a review of the NVS and American Sound AS2000, but there are both extremely limited production products and out of the reach of most audiophiles. I would love to hear both in a familiar system.

Finally, selfishly, I'd like to read a review of my SME 30/12 with V-12 arm, only because I own it and it has not received much attention. I asked TAS and Stereophile years ago, and neither had any plans to review it.
                    SME 30/12A, SME V-12, SME 3012R, vdH Grand Cru, vdH Master Signature, Pass Labs XA160.5, XP-32, XP-27, Magico Q3, DIY cables

Comment

Im not in the market for another table, I need one like I need hole in my head but since you asked...

New skool: vertere
                      Old skool: Rockport Sirius III/Versa Dynamics 2.0/2.3 vs. the world.

Cut through the BS once and for all and see for ourselves how far the art of vinyl playback has advanced since the '90s.

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        snip...
                        Cut through the BS once and for all and see for ourselves how far the art of vinyl playback has advanced since the '90s.
                        Rockitman beat me to it...state of the art 1950s hasn't been beat by much by some accounts ( 927+ DST ) but that's a rare rig

Regards,

Erik
                        http://solypsa.com
                        North American distributor for:
                        Sensitive Sound MC Cartridges
                        STST Turntables + Tonearms

Available for in home setup and calibration of fine turntable systems

Comment

Originally posted by Dre_J View Post

The model I mention below is worth a listen.

I wrote about the JR Transrotor Orion Reference FMD here (nice and quiet table):

JR Transrotor Orion Reference FMD With TR 5009 Tonearm -Three-Dimensional Sound, Three-Dimensional Appearance
                          http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...-5009-tonearm/
                          Click image for larger version Name:	?size=648,460.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	79445

Dre
                          I wonder what other arms would match well with the Transrotor TT?

Comment

• Dre_J
                            Dre_J commented
                            Editing a comment
                            From the Report: "Transrotor can fit the Orion Reference FMD with any tonearm because the C-shape ’arm mount can be drilled and/or extended to accommodate any ’arm (even a 12" one)."

I've heard it with the arm listed in the report and also with a Graham Phantom Elite.

Given, JR Transrotor's claim above, I would guess the choice would be up to the buyer. At least when purchased new.

• atmasphere
                            atmasphere commented
                            Editing a comment
                            We have a customer running a Triplanar (if not mistaken, a 12" version) on that machine.
                        Working...
                        X