Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tonearms would you like to listen to or read about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metamatic View Post

The hype got the best of me :-)

Cool. Where did you buy?
    And.... how was the setup, how is the use, how is the sound?

Comment

Originally posted by tima View Post

Cool. Where did you buy?
      And.... how was the setup, how is the use, how is the sound?
      Hi Tim.

I bought it locally in Sydney, so was able to drive and pick it up. The gentleman gave me a quick run down on setup etc, so that was invaluable.

Sounds excellent considering the relative cheap price. Its the best my SPU Classic GM-E has sounded. relaxed but detailed at the same time. Seems the hype may be justified.

More listening to come and later with a more modern cartridge to give a better idea of how the arm sounds. I think I will now sell my Graham Phantom that was on my SME mount before the 3012-R came along.

Comment

tima you can go on the SME’s website and the original manual is still available. There is a lot to learn in the manual. When everything is ok this is a wonderfull sounding arm. It presents music the way you don’t think to sound anymore (until the record is over 😀).

Comment

I just like record players so any reviews of tables,arms, pickups, ect would be okay with me. 🙂
          Amplifiers: McIntosh, Tandberg, ReVox

Preamplifiers: Conrad Johnson, Tandberg, Revox

Analog Playback: Linn, EAR, Lyra, ReVox, Tandberg

Digital Playback: McIntosh

Analog Stereo Tuners: Magnum Dynalab, McIntosh, Tandberg, Revox

Headphones: Stax

Speakers: Spendor, Linn, Klipsch

Cables: Crimson RM Music Link

Power Cords: Volex

Comment

Originally posted by Kirth Gersen View Post
            tima .... It presents music the way you don’t think to sound anymore (until the record is over...).
            Thanks for the information about the manual. Forgive me but I don't understand the other part.

Comment

tima sorry for my bad English : I meant that with this arm, when you listen music, your mind don’t think easyly about analyzing the sound. Music becomes your first preoccupation.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah, now i understand. Thanks. Yes, I prefer a system that does not make me think about it.

I read somewhere that SME was about to reissue their old 3012-R. I asked them directly the question and they said they had « no plan » for such a thing .

Comment

Originally posted by Kirth Gersen View Post
                I read somewhere that SME was about to reissue their old 3012-R. I asked them directly the question and they said they had « no plan » for such a thing .

they have gone one better. no longer making tonearms sold separately

Comment

Working...
                X