New Yarlung Classical Recording!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yarlung Classical Recording!

We on the Yarlung Records team are happy indeed. Jacob Horowitz and I recorded Stereo tracks in PCM, analog tape and DSD, Tom Caulfield came from Boston to record 5 channel surround sound, and recording engineer Arian Jansen did a SonoruS Holographic Imaging version of the recording as well. We worked at Segerstrom Center for the Arts in Costa Mesa, California with The Sibelius Piano Trio (from Helsinki) and with solo pianist Mika Sasaki from Juilliard, both making their debut albums.

Mika's album celebrates the music of Clara Schumann, and Sibelius Piano Trio focused on early Sibelius masterpieces and three new works commissioned specifically for them. We are grinning with the results.

--Bob Attiyeh
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Mika (600 of 703) LR.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	10690

Mika Sasaki at Segerstrom Center for the Arts, Cooper Bates Photography
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0190 Sibelius Concert LR.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	487.2 KB
ID:	10689

The Sibelius Piano Trio during our live concert recording session,
    Juho Pohjonen piano, Samuli Peltonen cello, Petteri Iivonen violin

Bob, that sounds exciting. Can't wait to hear the tapes! Larry
    Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
    Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
    Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
    Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.3KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

• Yarlung Records
      Yarlung Records commented
      Editing a comment
      Larry, you have been one of our most loyal and vocal analog tape enthusiasts. Thank you! The tape does sound very good from these sessions. I look forward to an eventual analog tape release.

Thought I'd just add Bob and his company have been getting excellent press including this short article by Record Collector News.

Interestingly, my substitute guitar teacher dropped by to hear my system and in particular, the Kondo single-ended amplifiers. Now Tomasso is no ordinary musician: his father builds tube guitar amplifiers and he knows more about tube circuit design--and even sound-- than any young kid has or musician has any right to do. Tomasso was asking me questions about the Kondo amplifier design I had to look up online! So anyway, I played a couple of tapes for him including Bob's original Lysy Live at the Broad. Needless to say, out of all the tapes spun yesterday, Tomasso was the most impressed by and in fact totally blown away by Bob's recording. He couldn't get over the sound of the cello. So you are missing out on a really good thing if you haven't heard Bob's tapes, digital releases or LPs!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
      Thought I'd just add Bob and his company have been getting excellent press including this short article by Record Collector News.

Interestingly, my substitute guitar teacher dropped by to hear my system and in particular, the Kondo single-ended amplifiers. Now Tomasso is no ordinary musician: his father builds tube guitar amplifiers and he knows more about tube circuit design--and even sound-- than any young kid has or musician has any right to do. Tomasso was asking me questions about the Kondo amplifier design I had to look up online! So anyway, I played a couple of tapes for him including Bob's original Lysy Live at the Broad. Needless to say, out of all the tapes spun yesterday, Tomasso was the most impressed by and in fact totally blown away by Bob's recording. He couldn't get over the sound of the cello. So you are missing out on a really good thing if you haven't heard Bob's tapes, digital releases or LPs!
      Myles, thank you so much. David Thomson did a fabulous job in that article, I must admit. It made us so proud to read. Antonio was grinning, as you can imagine. Antonio said how great it was that Yarlung was ahead of the curve on the vinyl resurgence. We may or may not been "ahead of the curve," but we certainly appreciated the shift in the vinyl market from "moribund" to at least "interesting." When we cut and pressed "Antonio Lysy at The Broad: Music from Argentina," it took a month from cutting to pressing. Now it is 130 days if one is lucky. This says a lot about the volume going through the best pressing plants. Here's a link to the LPs if anyone is interested: goo.gl/od3dvZ

I'm delighted Tomasso enjoyed Antonio's playing so much. That is the best compliment Antonio can receive, coming from a fellow musician. Please tell Tomasso thank you!

--Bob

Comment

Working...
      X