VPI To Distribute Van den Hul Cartridges in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPI To Distribute Van den Hul Cartridges in the US

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (Seriously why does every news post say that? It is posted on the internet so clearly it is meant to be shared... OK we are getting side tracked here...)

FOR RELEASE WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT:

VPI is proud to announce the distribution of Van den Hul cartridges. Distribution is something we rarely get involved with but on occasion when there is an opportunity with a brand we believe in VPI is happy to provide access to that brand for the US! In this case it was especially easy since Van den Hul was the high-end cartridge brand of choice in the early days of VPI and VPI tonearm design.

Van den Hul cartridges were often featured on our TNT Turntable at Audio Shows and the Van den Hul Frog was one of Harry Weisfeld's personal cartridges for his home listening (I guess we shouldn't have a problem getting it re-tipped now!)

Van den Hul cartridges will be available and your local participating VPI Dealers as well as current Van den Hul Dealers. More details and information to follow on our website.

Distribution of Van den Hul electronics and cables will continue to be through our friends at Finest Fidelity.

Feel free to email us directly at [email protected] with any additional questions.

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Now reviewing my third Colibri and they all make excellent matches with VPI arms.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

The MC-10 was one of my first ‘real’ high end cartridges, and the Frog was a long time favorite. I wish them both luck in this joint venture.
      SME 10/IV, Lyra Kleos, Koetsu Blavk Goldline, Cotter Mk. 2L sut, Naim cd 3.5 2/ flatcap 2, Audioengine D2 WiFi dac (for streaming from iMac desktop), Plinius Hautonga, Totem Forest Signature, MIT Shotgun S1 phono, S3 (cd player), SL3 (dac), MIT StyleLink Plus usb, Shotgun S1 speaker cable with AQ jumpers, RGPC Substation and1200S, Marigo Ultra and Reference power cords, Burson Soloist, Focal Elear with Silver Dragon wire or Hifiman HE560 with clone ZMF Universe sheepskin pads and Furutech/Mogami wire, VPI 16.5 and other miscellaneous and sundry widgets, thingamabobs and doodads.

Comment

This is really good news, a level-headed dist to boot

Their previous dist ran me roughshod wth idle threats because I was selling my personal Colibris on Audiogon at lower cost than them and accused me of being a grey marketeer of some sort. good riddance.
        Simon Yorke | Channel D | Valvet | Wadia | Innuous | Avantgarde

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Interesting

So, if I want van den Hul cables I go to Finest Fidelity and cartridges I go to VPI dealers and never the twains shall meet?

Seems strange to split the line up.
          Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
          Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
          Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
          Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
          Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
          Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

Working...
          X