Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear about Neil Peart 67

This is really too bad great drummer

I’m a huge fan of Rush, and of Neil specifically. To me he is the greatest rock drummer of all time. I’m so grateful I got to see them live, and to have taken my kids to see them, as they too are Rush fans now.

RIP, Neil.
    TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
    VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
    DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, Marantz NA6006/Pioneer N-50, Schiit Bifrost
    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9, Velodyne FSR-15
    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

Im fortunate to have attended a few live shows from the Permanent Waves tour through Hold Your Fire in the late 80s. Neil was a fabulous lyricist to boot. RIP Neil.
      Linn Kilmax LP12 | Channel D | Jadis | Denafrips | Innuos | Klipsch Cornwall IV | Falcon LS3/5a | McCollum ESL 57

Comment

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
        -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
        -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
        -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

We look back at 12 songs that sum up the drumming and lyrical brilliance of late Rush drummer Neil Peart.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

At an absolutely bare minimum, every rock-loving audiophile should have “A Farewell to Kings” in their collection.
            TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
            VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH

Comment

As a kid I would lie in bed with my headphones and play Red Barchetta over and over. Im pretty confident my air drumming surpassed Neil's.
              PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
              Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
              Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear.

Comment

Now spinning at Skylab:

Rush - A Farewell to Kings - 40th Anniversary box set LP

RIP, Neil.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6E47FD02-36D1-41B0-A609-A9C364892CE3.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	4.40 MB
ID:	129969

Comment

• Kingrex
                  Kingrex commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have it on digital now. Never heard it before. Pretty good.

I am told there is a cartoon going round of Bar Bands saying we should do a Rush song for Neil Peart lets pick a easy one with Neil looking down from Heaven Laughing his ass off because there are no easy ones.

First time I saw Rush they were backing up Nazareth for $3.50 a ticket right after the release of there first album before Neil joined the band . Seen them a few times over the years.

A really good Band I still like the first album.

Comment

I am and will always be a Rush fan, there was a time in my life in the late 70's when I was a Rush Freak!!! I have since opened my mind and hearing to other music. To say that Neil was the greatest Rock n Roll drummer of all time pretty much sums it up for me. I was lucky enough to see Rush on many occasions back in the day, all of my friends back then were Rush fans we never missed a show. He will be missed, RIP Neil aka (The Professor on the Drum Kit)!!!

Comment

Has anyone compared the new 45 rpm reissues to the original LPs? The new ones say from analog masters but nothing else. I read that as a digital reissue.

Also, is one original issue better than another. See on discogs a number of different pressing plants used. I would assume RCA or Columbia RC issues are to be avoided.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Working...
                    X