Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LINLAI E-845 tube,Lin Lai Elite tube series,audio tube,hifi audio tube

Elite tube series
    The cross-century design concept is finally realized with the support of domestic and foreign counterparts----LIN LAI Elite tube

What is Elite E-series by LINLAI?
    This is the proprietary design flagship series by LINLAI. It is positioned to compete with the Psvane ACME series and other European brand in the ultra high end tube market.

Introduction:
    E-845 E-211, the material uses a new type of metal molybdenum-based alloy carburizing screen (commonly known as metal screen), and adopts a full-fastened solderless connection process, which has extremely high heat dissipation and thermal stability. This special material metal screen E The performance and quality of the series of power tubes exceed the traditional graphite screen products. Compared with the graphite screen, the filament has a strong emission capacity and no pollution. In order to reproduce the magnificence and atmosphere of the sound field, the outer diameter of the glass bulb is enlarged. size.

E-845 E-211 measured experience:
    1. After the parameters and aging stability test are completed, E-845 and RCA845 and re-enacted XD WE-845 take turns to listen to the sound on the computer. RCA845 only slightly outperforms the rich emotional expression of music, "may also have In other aspects, such as the vividness of the tone, the extension of high and low frequencies, the tension and grandeur of the sound field, and the restoration of details, the E-845 is clearly better. After testing the parameters and listening on the computer, the E-845 is one of the few 845 bile ducts with the highest fidelity and the best tone I have ever heard.

2. The sound field is magnificent, the solemn and strong sense of music and the positioning of the instrument are very accurate. The E-845 E-211 is like a high-end full-frame high-end camera, capturing the prairie scenery with a wide field of view and a wide sound field (I am also a photography enthusiast). Noble and elegant, good sense of depth, accurate positioning of various musical instruments, sufficient and smooth information, various musical instruments have a good sense of form, rich in connotation, and good impact. You will not feel the slightest feeling when performing music with E-845 E-211 "Turbid", on the contrary, there is the same feeling of enjoying a "high-definition" live concert. The sound field has no border constraints, permeating an elegant and noble demeanor.

Treble:
    Good penetrating power, euphemistic and true. The brightness is moderate, and there is no dullness. The texture of the violin is very good, clear, without the slightest burr, agile and smooth, rich in overtones, the aftermath is just right, the flowing water, the strong pine fragrance is very good and exciting. The performance of the triangle iron, touching the bell, gives people a misty and real feeling.
    Alto:
    The vocal line is full, the steel positive energy, the homophony is rich, the singer's pitch change and the emotional ups and downs are visible, natural and beautiful, very infectious, strong courage, slightly transparent, and has charming positive energy.
    bass:
    Thick and powerful, although the output is only 18 watts, but pushing my 88 db ten-unit ten-frequency speaker, it should be the reason for the moderate damping coefficient of the tube and it is also very good. The is strong, clean and tidy, and the intensity is moderate. The cello and bass drum resonance performance is excellent, and the volume is full. The scene is shocking when playing a large dynamic symphony!

E300B E-274B E-2A3 measured experience:
    The sound field is open, euphemistic and beautiful, with flowing clouds and flowing water, with subtle details, lingering aftertaste, various styles, and good balance. The female voice performed exceptionally well and was charming and innocent. The moist, rich, slightly delicate mid- and high-pitched notes give people a kind of "detachment". The thick and moist is meticulous, the loose bass is fast and accurate, the analysis is first-class, the outline is clear, the texture density is quite high, and the focus is accurate. The interpretation of the violin is crystal clear, the wiping of the strings and the bow make people engrossed, the tone is smooth and soft, the strings and piano also have excellent performance, full and clear, when performing classical music, noble and elegant, dignified and refined, rigorous and gorgeous, due to the output Because of the low power, the impact and low-frequency dive are slightly insufficient when playing a large symphony, but because of the good damping coefficient, the win is clean and neat, without the feeling of "spreading".

I was looking at these tubes but I don't think they will work in my Black Shadow. Be careful if these are the tubes similar to the Western Electric. See below about plate current. I believe the WE tube maxes out at 78mA. Many amps such as mine are bios more like 82mA

From the Grant Fidelity Website - For example, if a tube amp has plate voltage of 960V on the 845 tube by design, and the 845 tube has max plate heat dissipation rating of 75w, your maximum plate current bias reading should be 78mA. If the amp has plate voltage of 910V by design, your maximum plate current bias reading should be 82mA. It is not recommended run a tube constantly at its peak rating so ideally you should set your plate current bias at about 10% below the maximum. This will prolong your tube life and ensure a safe and long term enjoyment of your amp.
    • Manufacturer recommended optimal sound to when biased at 65mA, at 1000V plate voltage. User may deviate from this setting but please monitor for red plate if set at too high

Last edited by Kingrex; 11-16-2020, 06:06 PM.
    PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Audion Black Shadow monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
    Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, STST Motus II TT, Vertere SG1 arm, Hanna ML, Allnic H1201 Phono pre, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, LPS to Modem Router and Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cabling throughout network, Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire.10 awg dedicated branch circuits to amps bolted to power cords. Significant upgrades to 120 volt main power panel. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear. Founding Member Adio-Ultra.

Comment

• Kingrex
      Kingrex commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you an authorized lin Lai dealer for North America (USA) like Grant Fidelity out of Canada is?
      If so, can you please provide optimum biasing for the Elite tube in this market. Take into account we are limited to under 1000 volts.

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      "I suggest you set up your own company and produce electronic tubes" - Really? If you're a factory direct seller I suggest you polish up your customer service skills.

https://linlaiglobal.com/

This seems to be an official LinLai site. Its an interestingly read if your into big bottle tubes. I am surprised that tubes are produced for the Asia and North American markets based upon sonic performance.

The website is a little chunky. I found the global vendor list and Grand Fidelity is the only global distributor.

if you did not know, Grant Fidelity did a great job helping me with my Psvane issues. They took the tubes back after I showed what they were doing after my amp was rebiased. Grant F is sending me a pair or Linlai Elite. It appears Linlai will be the premium tube Grant F carries moving forward as their relationship with Psvane has been severed. Part of the issue with Psvane was high failure rate. I hope Linlai is a solid, well performing tube. Its a bit much to spend $2000 on Elrog. $950 for Linlai is more acceptable.
    PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Audion Black Shadow monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
    Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, STST Motus II TT, Vertere SG1 arm, Hanna ML, Allnic H1201 Phono pre, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, LPS to Modem Router and Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cabling throughout network, Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire.10 awg dedicated branch circuits to amps bolted to power cords. Significant upgrades to 120 volt main power panel. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear. Founding Member Adio-Ultra.

Comment

• Kingrex
      Kingrex commented
      Editing a comment
      Are your tubes branded "Global.

Response from Linai Global:

I am not surprised to see a Chinese vendor claim they are authorized to sell in USA. That's simply not the truth. Linlai Chinese vendors sell tubes with domestic branded tubes, and none of them are authorized to sell outside of China. But, I am also not surprised some Chinese vendors still sell to outside of China through all types of online platform of domestic branded and domestic quality tubes to outside of China, and claim quality is the same as those branded as [Linlaiā„¢ Global] - that's also simply not the truth. But that's how Chinese vendors take on internet sales.

It seems to me you are a authorized Linlai dealer of tubes for domestic (Chinese) market. You do not appear to be a dealer licensed to sell in North America. But apparently there is little oversite on who sells Chinese branded tubes via the internet out of the China market.

Customers are going to decide where they shop. If they want to try and save money going through a foreign, out of territory, dealer that is their choice. Hopefully you have a tube tester and screen for premium quality and return to the factory (or eat the cost) of those tubes that do not pass quality control.

Comment

Just looked at the EECTECH website. What interest me the most are the tube base converters ! Really useful to have such a huge variety for tube substitution. I also noticed a panel meter that might fit into my Telefunken V69 amps. I have been looking for one for replacement on Ebay for more than 15 years to no avail.

Comment

• EECTECH Tube
        EECTECH Tube commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much for your recognition of EECTECH, we will always provide good service and quality products.EECTECH is willing to be friends with customers all over the world

EECTECH. I don't have a Psvane dealer anymore. I had bought a pair of ACME 845 from Grant Fidelity. Grant Fidelity no longer carries Psvane. The Psvane ACME tubes I got redplated at 97 Watts. I was told I was runnimg them to hard. I had the amps adjusted to 87 watts and they still redplated as seen. My tech had them down well below 67 watts and they were still redplating. At a lesser level.

My amp needs to run at 87 watts or so to maintain its dynamics and crisp bass. Going to 67 watts turns the amp sluggish, flat and slow. And 87 watts is a good overall not too stressing a current, yet good performance. An 845 tube should work well for a long time at 87 watts.

Anyhow, If I sent you these images and tech report, would you replace the tubes? Or, would you tell me Psvane says red plating is normal and that they are mine now. No returns.

Thanks
      Rex

My tags may not show. Left is 87 watt, right is 97 watts. Or, the white hot is 97 and red hot is 87

Comment

Did you measure plate current ?

Comment

Here is the measured values by my tech

Ok so I went up to 2k and still had slight redness in the top most
          section. At 1.1k that and the middle section got red enough to see in
          bright light, at 1.2k the top could still be seen in bright light and
          there was some redness in the middle but is drastically better than
          1k, and though I didn't run it a long time it doesn't look like it's
          running away like before. The other values I tried didn't have the
          impact that the first 200 ohms did. I went way higher than I thought I
          would, just wanted to see what they can shed without redplating at
          all, maybe another 5-10w would have done it.

Here are the resistance values tested and the plate dissipation values
          calculated, this was done without respect to the hum balance circuit:

1100 93w
          1200 87w Vp=967v Vk=124v
          1250 85w
          1500 74w
          1750 67w Vp=1001v
          2000 61w Vp=1011v
          1000 98w

Comment

EE, I am interested in where I can get Psvane ACME 845. I'm only warm about the Linlai. It's a good tube. But I like more warmth and body like what the Psvane ACME brings. Grant fidelity no longer sells it. So I have to search elsewhere. Problem is, there seems to be redplating issues. Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure what to think about the factory saying don't worry about the graphine plates getting red, its normal. It does it to some people and not other. I noted the issue and what sort of bias I was putting to the tube in the post above.
            I am wondering what your store policy is with the ACME 845 and the graphine screens redplating. Do you see this is normal. Do you see it as an issue. If its and issue, is it under warranty.
            Thanks

Comment

Rex, did you ever find a good source to purchase the ACME tubes? I too am in the USA. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RDSChicago View Post
                Rex, did you ever find a good source to purchase the ACME tubes? I too am in the USA. Thanks.
                No. I gave up. I have the Linlai and Elrog. I will hold.off on Psvane a couple years to see if the tubes are lasting. I have to admit. In my system I liked the body they brought. The Elrog a d Linlai are much more similar in tone and body.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingrex View Post

No. I gave up. I have the Linlai and Elrog. I will hold.off on Psvane a couple years to see if the tubes are lasting. I have to admit. In my system I liked the body they brought. The Elrog a d Linlai are much more similar in tone and body.
                  I managed to get a quad of Acme 211's for spares from Rachel before they got out of them completely. So hopefully I'm covered for a few years.
                  Speakers: Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III on Stillpoints Ultra 5S feet
                  Speakers: REL Acoustics G1 Mark II Subs (pair)
                  Tube Amplifier: New Audio Frontiers Ultimate 211 Special Edition Monoblocks
                  SS Amplifier: Plinius SA-Reference
                  Preamp: TW Acustic RPA-100 Line Stage
                  Phono Stage: TW Acustic RPS-100
                  Turntable - TW Acustic Raven AC w/ Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades
                  Tonearm: Kuzma 4-Point 14" with Air Tight Opus-1 Cartridge (w/ EM/IA 1:20 Silver Wire SUT)
                  Tonearm: TW 10.5" with Miyajima Zero Mono
                  Vinyl Care: Furutech DF-2 LP Flattener - Degritter Ultrasonic & VPI Cyclone RCM
                  Tape: Tascam 42B-NB (Refurb by Soren Wittrup)
                  Tape Stage: Doshi V.3 Tape Stage
                  CD/SACD: Playback Designs MP-5
                  Streamer/Server: Aurender N20 to Bricasti M1 DAC, EtherREGEN, Farad Super3 PS w/ Level 2 DC Cable, Sablon Audio Ethernet Cable
                  Power Conditioner: (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6
                  Wire: Custom Furutech PC's + Audience Front Row IC's & Speaker Cables
                  Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra 5S's & SS's sprinkled about - DS Audio ION-001 Vinyl Ionizer - SRA Scuttle III Rack, SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

Working...
                  X