Clear All

• Five New Amplifiers From Jadis

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1309
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	27163

Jadis Introduces New Range of Amplifiers

Buffalo, NY -- September 9, 2016. Bluebird Music, North American importer for Jadis, today announced a major revision to the Jadis line of amplifiers with five new models now available.

Earlier in the year Jadis released the KT150-based I-50 integrated amplifier, the first model in its range to feature the new KT150 tube. Jadis is a big proponent of the new tube and, given the success of the I-50, Jadis decided to undertake a major overhaul of their entire amplifier line. As a result, we are pleased to announce the following five new models:
    • I-88 - 90 watt Class A KT150 Integrated
    • JA30 MkII - 45 watt Class A KT150 Monoblocks
    • JA80 MkII - 90 watt Class A KT150 Monoblocks
    • JA200 MkII - 200 watt Class A KT150 Monoblocks
    • JA500 KT150 Edition - 370 watt Class AB KT150 Monoblocks

Advantages of the New KT150
    The KT150 is a more powerful tube and its shape allows for better heat dissipation, a better vacuum and reduces problems of microphonics. Sonically, the KT150 offers better balance and clarity throughout the audio frequency spectrum, improved transparency, outstanding dynamics and powerful, tight, fast bass performance.
    Amplifiers need to be redesigned to take advantage of the benefits of the KT150 but Jadis felt the KT150 was superior in all respects so they made the necessary investment to overhaul their entire amplifier line.

Not only do the new KT150-based amplifiers offer better sound quality, but because of the increased power they also make Jadis performance more affordable. For example, with the new JA30 and JA80 offering a 50% increase in power, customers who previously would have needed the power of the old JA80 can now save $8,000 and "get by" with the JA30.

More Information and Large Images

Click here to see the line-up of the new Jadis amplifiers: http://www.bluebirdmusic.com/sections/power-amplifiers.html

For large images of the new JA80 MkII click here: http://www.bluebirdmusic.com/edit/files/images/products/jadis/ja80iisingle.jpg

or here:
    http://www.bluebirdmusic.com/edit/files/images/products/jadis/ja80iipair.jpg

ABOUT JADIS

Jadis was founded in 1983 in Villedubert France where they began making hand-built tube amplifiers featuring all point-to-point construction. Driven by their passion for making audio equipment that would faithfully reproduce the emotion of a live performance, Jadis committed to their own state-of-the-art research and development program and subsequently developed their own output transformers. The unique design and sonic purity of these custom transformers helped Jadis earn their reputation as one of the world's preeminent manufacturers of high-end tube electronics.

For more about Jadis click here: http://www.bluebirdmusic.com/sections/jadis.html
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Myles are not the JA30 still over $8,000
    Chris
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE, Manley Chinook, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV20x2L, ExaSound e32, Acoustic Zen cables. (Office): Vincent SP331 Mkll, Quicksilver Pre, Lumin D1, (Ken Lau Signiture Edition PSU), Bryston BCD-1, Vapor Audio Breeze, WooAudio W6se,Questyle Audio CMA800R LCD-3,HD800s, HD600, Mr Speaker Ether C Flow,

Comment

I don't see prices...
      Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mono) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

• JCOConnell
        JCOConnell commented
        Editing a comment
        or are they in the category of "if you have to ask the price, well then...."

Originally posted by jcoconnell View Post
      i don't see prices...
      i-88 $15,995
      ja30 $12,500
      ja80 $20,900
      ja200 $33,900
      ja500 $45,900

-VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

I still have fond memories of JA-30's driving smaller Magnepans, absolutely magical.
        Rockport Sirius turntable, Lyra Atlas SL cartridge, Audio Note M9 SE Phono stage, Audio Note M10 (Signature) linestage, EMM Labs TX2/DA2 digital, Audio Note Balanced Kegon amps, EMM Labs MTRX amps, Acapella Triolons, Jorma Prime and Odin 2 cables, Stage 3 Kraken power cords, HB Marble Powerslave, Finite Elemente Pagode Reference stands and Cerabases, Halcyonics active isolation bases, HRS Equipment stand, Stillpoints Ultra 6 footers, Furitech cable isolators and plugs, Loricraft and Audiodesk vinyl cleaners, Yamaha CT7000 Tuner.

Comment

Id love a pair of ja80s, those amps are really cool, but I haven't got a spare $21K burning a hole in my pocket this month.
          Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mono) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Originally posted by JCOConnell View Post
            Id love a pair of ja80s, those amps are really cool, but I haven't got a spare $21K burning a hole in my pocket this month.
            My audiobuddy Sid Marks once had the early JA80s (when Victor Goldstein was distributing the line) driving the top end of his Infinity RS1bs. Great combo but just didn't have enough power back then to drive the panels. cj's then 200 watt Premier 5s proved a much better match on top (interestingly even the Premier 4s just didn't have enough power either).

Little off topic. My buddy Howie Mandell had the Jadis preamp/phono and that was a great piece back then. While it was microphonic as hell, that Jadis preamp could drive any cartridge.

Little trivia fact. The Jadis amps back then came with Tele ECC803s tubes. Who knew how good they were back then???

Comment

I never met a Jadis amp I didn't like but I have yet to own one! I did hear a JA80/JP80 combo recently at a private residence and the memories came flooding back, it was everything its cracked up to be.
              TURNTABLE TechDAS Airforce III | TONEARM Graham Phantom III | CARTRIDGES ZYX Omega X SB2 + Lyra Etna SL | PHONO STAGE Boulder 1008 | DIGITAL Innuos MiniZen II + M2Tech Young + Palmer PS | LINE STAGE Boulder 810 | AMPLIFIERS Boulder 850 Monos | SPEAKERS Magico A5 | RACK Adona Eris 6DW | CABLES Mogami + Canare

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                I never met a Jadis amp I didn't like but I have yet to own one! I did hear a JA80/JP80 combo recently at a private residence and the memories came flooding back, it was everything its cracked up to be.
                I heard the integrated at Axpona this year and left very impressed with the sound of the system. That might be the honey of the bunch with preamp and amp in one.

Comment

It's funny. Twenty years ago (?), the manufacturer of Perfectionist Audio Components out in LI looked the Jadis amps. Nothing particularly new in the circuit design but the output transformers were the best he had ever seen or measured. We talk about the magic of tube amplifiers but I think we tend at times to forget about the importance of the output transformer. That is everyone but Ralph.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

I heard the integrated at Axpona this year and left very impressed with the sound of the system. That might be the honey of the bunch with preamp and amp in one.
                    Brooks Berdan showed the Jadis DA60 integrated driving a par of Spendor SP3/1s that was simply superb and let you forget about the gear. It had everything you'd want except for the lowest octave in extension. like so many other tube integrateds, the DA60 doesnt use an active linestage,
                    TURNTABLE TechDAS Airforce III | TONEARM Graham Phantom III | CARTRIDGES ZYX Omega X SB2 + Lyra Etna SL | PHONO STAGE Boulder 1008 | DIGITAL Innuos MiniZen II + M2Tech Young + Palmer PS | LINE STAGE Boulder 810 | AMPLIFIERS Boulder 850 Monos | SPEAKERS Magico A5 | RACK Adona Eris 6DW | CABLES Mogami + Canare

Comment

Always like the sound and aesthetics of Jadis but never owned one.

Comment

I used to own Jadis electronics many years ago. I had moved from CJ PV8/MV50 combo to Jadis JPL and Defy 7. I had almost twice power but that was five times more. Defy 7 is a Class AB amp with 12 outputs tubes very low baised tube saver. I was easily getting 5000 hours and never had premature tube failure. I was driving a pair Magnepan 3,5 without trouble. I sold them later but still miss a lot.
                        Magico S5, Pass Labs XA160.8, Audio Research Ref40 Anniversary, Audio Research Ref 2 Phono, dCS Rossini DAC, dCS Rossini Clock, Synology NAS, Transparent Ref XL cables, Shunyata Sigma Digital power cord, Acoustic Solid One Turntable with Acoustic Solid tonearm and Triplanar Mk. VII, Transfiguration Phoenix, Vandenhul MC1, Benz Gulwing SLR

Comment

I still have the JPL but also had the JA 100 for a while with Verity Leonore. Loved the amps

Comment

We just set up a demo with the Jadis i88 integrated amplifier and it sounds glorious - and this was switching from a $$$$$$ solid-state amplifier!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Maestro with Jadis.jpg
Views:	1392
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	73253
                            Gary L Koh, CEO and Chief Designer
                            Genesis Advanced Technologies, Inc.
                            www.genesisloudspeakers.com

Comment

• kcin
                              kcin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The new line from Jadis is quite exquisite. This is the integrated I would go with if I had to downsize and my affliction with SET and OTL subsided. It has a great natural flow with tons of dynamic capability not soft on top and while the deepest bass is solid state like it is well defined. I used to have a defy and as great as it was at the time it was not meant for the technically faint at heart. While I don't mind digging in technically- even the defy tried my patience. The new models are far beyond this.

That Genesis set up looks incredible- is that the baby techDAS?- comments please!

• mep
                              mep commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Not for the technically faint at heart is correct. The amp weighs 100 lbs and you have to turn it on its side and remove the bottom cover to check the bias. Now you have 4 rows of output tubes with 3 output tubes in each row and 1 bias pot for each of the 4 rows of output tubes. Of course the amp has to be turned on when you are checking and setting the bias which means you have your hands right next to high voltage as you are using a DVM to check the voltages at each tube and adjusting the pot until you achieve an overall average reading across the 3 tubes in each bank. If an output tube blows, it takes out the resistor. If you want to replace the resistor correctly, it requires removing the main circuit board from the amp.
                          Working...
                          X