Munich 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munich 2017

Managed to combine a school break with some airline points and convince the family to include Munich on the itinerary for our vacation.

Anyone else planning on attending? While I don't think Sound Galleries is holding another awesome event this year it would be great to put some faces to names if possible.

Beau
    Turntable: - 1. Fairchild 750/OMA slate plinth
    2. Analog Engineering AE-2008 MinusK support.
    Tonearm: 1. Schroder Custom
    2. Schick 12"
    3. Abis SA-1
    Cartridge: Miyajima Kansui and Premium BE Mono
    PhonoPre: AprilSound LR, EMIA Strain Gauge, EMIA silver SUT
    CD: Wadia 860x
    Server: Innuos Zen Mini Mk3
    DAC: Computer Audio Design 1543 Mk2
    Preamp: Bent Audio TAP-X w silver autoformers
    Amplifier: AprilSound SET50 monoblocks
    Speaker: Pioneer PAX-30C

On my bucket list, but not happening this year. Enjoy the trip, should be great. Please post pics!
    Kronos Sparta -> Trinity Phono -> Trinity Pre -> CH Precision A1 -> Magico S7s

Comment

I am going on the Saturday.

Comment

Couldn't fit it or the LA Show in this year. Celebrating an anniversary took precedent this. Yeah I know, what kind of weenie am I?
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
        -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          a married one ? :-)

I'm going! It's something I've always wanted to do, and I managed to score a Brazil > Germany > LA ticket on the cheap, so I'll be there!

Haven't made much in the way of plans yet, but it should be a lot of fun!

Disclosure:
        Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
        Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Solid Steel - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
        [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Comment

I will be in Munich for the whole event, so all the days it is open. This will be my first time but am really looking forward to it.
          Hi-Fi
          Wilson Audio Yvette Speakers - McIntosh Labs MA8000 - Mytek Brooklyn DAC + PSU - dCS Network Bridge - Cyrus CDi Player - Clearaudio Concept Wood Turntable, Concept MC Cartridge - Nordost Quantum Q4 - Chord Cables Signature USB - Transparent Ultra Gen5 Speaker cables - Transparent Power cables - GIK Acoustic Panels...

Headphone Listening
          Audeze LCD-XC Headphones - Audeze iSine10 In Ear - Schiit Audio Jotunheim Headphone Amplifier - Meridian Explorer2 DAC - AXIOS Cables...

Comment

All very welcome to the Aries Cerat demo room P13 in Halle 3.

The system featured will include the Aries Cerat Kassandra DAC, Impera II preamplifier and the Concero65 monoblocks. All of them paired with the, equally from Aries Cerat, Symphonia horn speakers which is back in Munich after two years absence.

Looking forward to meet you there, together with Stavros Danos, the owner of Aries Cerat.
            Distributor for Aries Cerat, Primary Control, Signal Projects Stacore, 432EVO for Belgium and The Netherlands.
            www.ultisone.be or facebook/ultisone

Comment

Originally posted by flyer View Post
              All very welcome to the Aries Cerat demo room P13 in Halle 3.

The system featured will include the Aries Cerat Kassandra DAC, Impera II preamplifier and the Concero65 monoblocks. All of them paired with the, equally from Aries Cerat, Symphonia horn speakers which is back in Munich after two years absence.

Looking forward to meet you there, together with Stavros Danos, the owner of Aries Cerat.
              I'll make sure I pop in to say hello flyer, seen the Aries Cerat on youtube but will be great to hear them in person
              Hi-Fi
              Wilson Audio Yvette Speakers - McIntosh Labs MA8000 - Mytek Brooklyn DAC + PSU - dCS Network Bridge - Cyrus CDi Player - Clearaudio Concept Wood Turntable, Concept MC Cartridge - Nordost Quantum Q4 - Chord Cables Signature USB - Transparent Ultra Gen5 Speaker cables - Transparent Power cables - GIK Acoustic Panels...

Headphone Listening
              Audeze LCD-XC Headphones - Audeze iSine10 In Ear - Schiit Audio Jotunheim Headphone Amplifier - Meridian Explorer2 DAC - AXIOS Cables...

Comment

Thanks to everyone to have come by our room in Munich. We had the pleasure of receiving many comments that made us very proud.

Distributor for Aries Cerat, Primary Control, Signal Projects Stacore, 432EVO for Belgium and The Netherlands.
                www.ultisone.be or facebook/ultisone

Comment

My trip to the Munich show this year was combined with a family vacation so I spent more time away from the show than I did last year. Just like last year as soon as I thought I had covered it all, something new would pop up around the corner. This show is massive and I do not envy any of the press who have to run around trying to cover it!

As usual the highlight of the show was taking leisurely 2 beer lunches and eating schnitzel with friends at a near-by restaurant but somehow I made it around the floor to listen and see what available in the world of Hi-End audio these days. I even managed to find a little time to visit the outboard show at the Marriott this time. What follows are impressions of some of the rooms I visited.

Let’s get it out of the way. I was a guest of Silbatone for the show but I still love the sound that comes from large horns. Most of the chatter about the room focuses on the WE horns, and while they are good I believe the associated electronics from Silbatone and Analog form Schick and Schroder contribute a significant amount also. The system this year was a more full range presentation and provided a great mix of dynamics and tone.

The Zu room was also spitting out great sound. I preferred the smaller Omens but that might have been because of the room size. Music was interesting enough that I only remember the PTP turntable and none of the other electronics.[IMG]file:////Users/beau/Library/Group%20Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/msoclip1/01/clip_image004.png[/IMG]

For me the best all digital room at the show. I have consistently enjoyed listening to these speakers and the CAD digital products. These were a newer model of Boenicke speakers but they were every bit as engaging as previous models I have heard.

[IMG]file:////Users/beau/Library/Group%20Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/msoclip1/01/clip_image006.png[/IMG]

More horns, more enjoyment. Thomas Mayer’s amps and preamp would be high on my list to look at if I was in the market. Had never heard the Azzolina horns before but they performed well in such a small space.

[IMG]file:////Users/beau/Library/Group%20Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/msoclip1/01/clip_image008.png[/IMG]

Illusonic would be my solution if I was looking for a DSP engine for my system. Small box pulls off some interesting magic.

[IMG]file:////Users/beau/Library/Group%20Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/msoclip1/01/clip_image010.png[/IMG]

The SGM, Aqueo, Audiopax, Nagra room gave me an interesting quandary. The only equipment I hadn’t heard before were the Aqueo speakers. All the others I have heard either in immaculate set ups or in better conditions. Sound was still pretty good but not as good as I have heard these before. Think it would be unfair to blame it on the speakers just yet.

[IMG]file:////Users/beau/Library/Group%20Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/msoclip1/01/clip_image012.png[/IMG]

One of these rooms where you walk in, listen and say I’ll take it. Didn’t hurt that Mark Doehmann and I had a longish conversation about vibration control and his new TT but I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent listening here.

[IMG]file:////Users/beau/Library/Group%20Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/msoclip1/01/clip_image014.png[/IMG]
                  Well if you don’t know who’s dispensing advise here you need to re-educate yourself. Peter Ledermann is always a treat to speak with and also a source for more humor than one person should be able to provide. Too much selling being done to take much time to speak but the sound is always interesting. The system manages to surprise you especially when you see the speakers!
                  [IMG]file:////Users/beau/Library/Group%20Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/msoclip1/01/clip_image016.png[/IMG]

Good equipment needs good software and MA Recordings provides some of the best. When Todd yelled at me as I was walking down the hall I was surprised as I didn’t know he’d be there. Glad I found him, which reminds me I need to go order his new vinyl !!
                  [IMG]file:////Users/beau/Library/Group%20Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/msoclip1/01/clip_image018.png[/IMG]

There were many more oasis’ of sound but I either didn’t take any pictures or didn’t have my phone with me. Maybe next year I’ll try to act more like a journalist and report on more but probably not as 2 dunkelweiss at lunch tends to dampen my ambition.
                  Turntable: - 1. Fairchild 750/OMA slate plinth
                  2. Analog Engineering AE-2008 MinusK support.
                  Tonearm: 1. Schroder Custom
                  2. Schick 12"
                  3. Abis SA-1
                  Cartridge: Miyajima Kansui and Premium BE Mono
                  PhonoPre: AprilSound LR, EMIA Strain Gauge, EMIA silver SUT
                  CD: Wadia 860x
                  Server: Innuos Zen Mini Mk3
                  DAC: Computer Audio Design 1543 Mk2
                  Preamp: Bent Audio TAP-X w silver autoformers
                  Amplifier: AprilSound SET50 monoblocks
                  Speaker: Pioneer PAX-30C

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    " [file:////Users ... "

I'm thinking your images may be located on your local machine and it is not set up as a Web server. That may be why the images are not showing up for we viewers, although you may be able to see them yourself if those filespecs point at a directory on the machine you're using.

You can upload pictures to the Audio Nirvana server and it will handle the tags and put them on the page. Behind the scenes these will be URLs (uniform resource locater - or something like that - its a Web standard) in the form "http://.../mypicture.png or .jpg, etc.

Or you can place them on a Web-based file hosting service where they will have URLs associated to them. You can use those URLs inside an IMG ... /IMG tag and as long as the hosting service offers public access (no password) they should show up.

... or its something else. :-)

Thanks in advance for sharing about the Munich show.
                    Last edited by tima; 06-02-2017, 02:59 AM.

• Beaur
                    Beaur commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the assist. It's something with my photos in that they don't upload correctly. I will see if I can correct.

Here is High End 2017 coverage from The Audio Beat - with more coming.

Comment

• Letsmakeadeal
                    Letsmakeadeal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fantastic pictures and commentary tima....Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5433.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	55941 Thanks everyone for visiting our stand this year at HIGH END show. It was great to meet old friends and find new ones!

Comment

Working...
                  X