conrad-johnson Announces Two New 40th Anniversary Amplifiers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rayooo View Post
    Any updated info on the ART 300s? I'm considering changing to them from my current ART Monos.
    I dropped Lew an email last week but haven't heard back yet. Perhaps he is on vacation. The smaller amp was supposed to go into production in June followed by the 300s. I am waiting because was going to review the ART 300s for PF as well write a little bit on the companies 40th anniversary.

Let you know as soon as hear anything.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

I dropped Lew an email last week but haven't heard back yet. Perhaps he is on vacation. The smaller amp was supposed to go into production in June followed by the 300s. I am waiting because was going to review the ART 300s for PF as well write a little bit on the companies 40th anniversary.

Let you know as soon as hear anything.
      Thank you!
      I'm thinking I'd better then hold off a bit. I'm told the ART 300s are available for order and delivery within a couple weeks. Part of me would just take the chance.. but the other part is saying wait a bit until someone has heard them.
      Magnepan 20.7 - CJ ART Monos - CJ GATV2 - Meitner MA-1 V2 -JRMC + Synology NAS

Comment

• JCOConnell
        JCOConnell commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd say wait.

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        cj rarely makes a clunker. Especially when it comes to tubes. Last I can remember was the solid-state Motif line.

Originally posted by rayooo View Post
      Any updated info on the ART 300s? I'm considering changing to them from my current ART Monos.
      Just heard from Lew that the amps are slowly going into production. He said a pair could go out to me end of this month but might ask to wait a week or two until after Labor Day. Price on the 300s is $36k.

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

The new ART 300s will be on the UPS truck to NYC on 8/30!

They are currently being built and will be played for five days before shipping to both burn-in and check out are working properly.

Comment

• tom_hankins
          tom_hankins commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations! Not sure if these are a purchase or for review? But doubt that really matters. I think once they get there they won't be leaving. Enjoy!

• MylesBAstor
          MylesBAstor commented
          Editing a comment
          Most of what comes through here are review samples. There are instances where something is very limited edition, etc where will buy and review.

In this case, could have eventually shaken a review sample free once cj caught up on orders (believe it or not, they've been inundated with orders for the new ART amps). But this will be a part of the bigger article commemorating cj's 40th anniversary in business and wanted to write the piece sooner than later. Any many, many more as Jeff Fischel who has worked for cj for 30 years now and had a big hand in several of their recent products including my current ART amps has purchased conrad-johnson. Jeff will handle the companies day-to-day operations and design freeing Bill and Lew up to concentrate their efforts on design and marketing.

A letter recently went out to all cj dealers informing them of the transition and ensuring cj's success for many years to come. Congrats to Jeff!

• rayooo
          rayooo commented
          Editing a comment
          Fantastic! I've spoken with Jeff several times over the years. He's always been very helpful and forthright.
          I'm amazed these days when small companies in this crazy high-end audio industry can survive. CJ clearly know what products to build for their market as well as having a great business sense.
      Working...
      X