Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Beatles (White album) is getting a remix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beatles (White album) is getting a remix.

No links or anything, but Giles Martin confirmed on BBC2 today this album is being remixed.
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Why, other than an attempt to generate more revenue? How many times has the White Album been remixed already?
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Don't ask me as to "why?". I haven't a clue. It's The Beatles....it'll sell.
      Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
        Don't ask me as to "why?". I haven't a clue. It's The Beatles....it'll sell.
        And that is WHY!!!

Comment

They won't be getting more of my money. Love 'em, but I'm done.

Comment

It was a rhetorical question. I know why. I think the original stereo version is just dandy. I love the one in my BC-13 collection. How are they possibly going to make it better? More jigger pookey in the digital realm? I doubt it will come straight from the analog master tapes without getting kissed my digital somewhere in the process.
            Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Originally posted by mep View Post
              Why, other than an attempt to generate more revenue? How many times has the White Album been remixed already?
              I'm pretty sure it has never been remixed; "all" official Beatles releases have been from the originally approved mixes and masterings, either stereo or mono. Of course, there are the handful of exceptions: the 1987 Help and Rubber Soul stereos, and the upcoming Sgt. Pepper's. I agree with you; we have the stereos, and we have the monos. Something new will not be an improvement, it will just be "different", and probably not better.
              Tascam BR-20
              Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head and custom repro amp
              Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS
              Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS
              MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out)
              Pass Labs INT60
              Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s
              REL S3 (Kimber Kable connection)
              Daedalus/Wywires, Audioquest, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio cables
              Core Power Equi=Power 1800 Mk3
              Adona rack; Stillpoints and IsoPods, Tube Traps, GIK

Comment

Originally posted by rbbert View Post

I'm pretty sure it has never been remixed; "all" official Beatles releases have been from the originally approved mixes and masterings, either stereo or mono. Of course, there are the handful of exceptions: the 1987 Help and Rubber Soul stereos, and the upcoming Sgt. Pepper's. I agree with you; we have the stereos, and we have the monos. Something new will not be an improvement, it will just be "different", and probably not better.
                When all the Beatle stereo albums were re-released on CD, it was years after pain-staking digital remastering so that should include the White Album.

Comment

Humm....
                  I kinda doubt the tape I have of the White Album could really be improved upon.
                  Especially if they plan to do a remastering in the digital realm.

Comment

Originally posted by mep View Post
                    When all the Beatle stereo albums were re-released on CD, it was years after pain-staking digital remastering so that should include the White Album.
                    They were not remixed, and the "remastering" was attempting to be no remastering, i.e. sounding as close to the master reels as possible in terms of EQ, compression, etc.

Tascam BR-20
                    Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head and custom repro amp
                    Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS
                    Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS
                    MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out)
                    Pass Labs INT60
                    Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s
                    REL S3 (Kimber Kable connection)
                    Daedalus/Wywires, Audioquest, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio cables
                    Core Power Equi=Power 1800 Mk3
                    Adona rack; Stillpoints and IsoPods, Tube Traps, GIK

Comment

I think rbbert is right.

Comment

Too bad there is no SHM of the beetles that would be great. SHM may be digital but it's still great music and quality. My songs in the key of life is amazing. I think it may be a remix it has sounds the others I have do not.
                        analog stuff.
                        otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
                        otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
                        sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
                        new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
                        thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
                        thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
                        kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
                        phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
                        speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
                        mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
                        digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
                        Dacs lampi various

Comment

Originally posted by rbbert View Post

They were not remixed, and the "remastering" was attempting to be no remastering, i.e. sounding as close to the master reels as possible in terms of EQ, compression, etc.
                          We might be splitting hairs because where does remastering and remixing cross over?

Comment

I'll just stay with my 1968 version. At least its real.
                            Chris
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------
                            Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE, Manley Chinook, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV20x2L, ExaSound e32, Acoustic Zen cables. (Office): Vincent SP331 Mkll, Quicksilver Pre, Lumin D1, (Ken Lau Signiture Edition PSU), Bryston BCD-1, Vapor Audio Breeze, WooAudio W6se,Questyle Audio CMA800R LCD-3,HD800s, HD600, Mr Speaker Ether C Flow,

Comment

The original stereo mix is excellent and its also a fine recording. No need for a stinkin remix.
                              Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mono) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Working...
                              X