6pm - 10pm

Where
    Paragon Sight & Sound

3780 Jackson Rd.
    Suite H

Ann Arbor, MI 48103

Contact Us
    [email protected]
    Paragon Sight & Sound warmly invites you to attend the Midwest Premiere of the Wilson Audio Alexia Series 2 Loudspeaker.

Wilson Audio's Bill Peugh will be presenting the Alexia 2 in our main listening room.

Also joining us for the event will be Nick Doshi, of Doshi Audio, and Jon Zimmer, of Transparent Audio.

Drinks and a selection of hors d'oeuvres / desserts will be provided. The favor of your RSVP is requested for catering purposes.
    Paragon Sight & Sound, 3780 Jackson Rd., Suite H, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
    Sent by [email protected] in collaboration with
    Get to meet Nick Doshi and Jon Zimmer too!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Makes sense - I believe Paragon S&S is the largest Wilson dealer in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by tima View Post
      Makes sense - I believe Paragon S&S is the largest Wilson dealer in the US.
      AFAIK. Maybe in the world.

Also so among the top Transparent and D'Agostino dealers. Not to mention Doshi Audio. Larry really has a very dedicated group of audiophiles/music lovers in Ann Arbor. I was at one of his analog get togethers not too long ago and Larry puts on a great party! Amazing turnout. Sure this one will be packed and urge anyone who can go should go this debut. Probably will hear driven by Dan's or Nick's electronics.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
      -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. For the past 4-5 years Wilson has shown with D'agostino electronics, dcs players and Transparent wire. PeterM and JohnG from Wilson are excellent presenters. Should a good evening.

we had a fun event with the world debut of the new Alexia series 2 at Paragon Sight and Sound. this was the first of 3 nationwide events for the Alexia 2 product launch. Paragon Sight and Sound is Wilson's largest dealer and i was honored to bet at the event. We used Doshi electronics to partner the new Alexia's. Representing Wilson was the 2nd best dressed man in audio (his words) - Bill Peugh and Jon Zimmer was present from Transparent to demo their new power conditioner as well. It was great to see some familiar faces as well as a few new ones. Thanks again to Paragon and Wilson.

Comment

Thanks for the update Nick! Can you share your perspective on the new Alexias?

Thx,
        Mike

Comment

The Alexia Series 2 looks similar to its predecessor but there are quite a few changes which are readily apparent on the first listen. It uses the tweeter from the wamm and the extension, transient performance and reduction in noise floor are immediately apparent. The area this speaker truly shines over the original is in the bass. The bass cabinet is larger by @ 10% and the port has been relocated to the center of the cabinet along with some cabinet construction changes. Having no idea of the acoustic and electrical measurements, what i can say is that the bass sounds more linear and has way better sub-bass performance. Dynamics are astounding and it seems like the driver loading and cabinet structure is allowing the amp to deliver power in the nether regions to a much better degree. My amps are very lithe and linear in the bass and this speaker joins the Alexx and the Lyra in allowing me to really hear and enjoy the whole bass range. The drums at the end of Dire Straits Private investigations literally shook the room. The Starker cello piece was so present and alive people were shaking their heads. All speakers are room and setup dependent so results can vary though it seems to me that the new generation of Wilsons are more able to energize the room linearly from top to bottom. i have heard a lot of expensive large speakers do good and sometimes great things - this new gen Wilson lineup gets to the emotional connection better and on my drive home i came up with a list of music i wish i had played (beatles - day in the life, Joe Sample/Crusaders, Pat Metheny and Charlie Haden as examples). That rarely happens after an event.

Comment

Working...
          X