Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ownership For Conrad Johnson

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/news/con..._ownership.htm

keepin' it in da family as it were, and Jeff looks considerably younger than Bill or Lew. A good thing with diehard CJ owners that expect continuity in its future endeavors. The current ARC stuff looks like it was passed through a committee that didn't see themselves as the custodians that they are but acted as if they had a mandate to turn the place upside down, IMHO of course

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      :-) But a small committee (ARC) ... probably Livio Cucuzza (sp?) gone now I believe, Ward Fiebiger (rip) and Warren Gehl. Despite changing hands a few times since WZJ passed, they're still in Plymouth and not that big.

Excellent news. Can I assume the Lew Johnson will still be working for cj for some time to come and not retiring?

I wonder what the new amp will be?

Comment

Originally posted by Metamatic View Post
      Excellent news. Can I assume the Lew Johnson will still be working for cj for some time to come and not retiring?
      Yes that's what Lew indicated to me. As will Bill too.

I wonder what the new amp will be?
      Me too. Or is it the new ART amps? If it's new--and the new ART 300s are 36K for the pair--would assume the price of the new amps is north of that.

cj guys always play it close to the vest on new products. Maybe it will be the never release GAT amps? Nah, just kidding. Doubt that.

But they have pretty much stuck to tried and proven output tubes such as 6550s and EL34s. The KT150s is a huge change for them. Maybe they'll be going to some other type of output tube?
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
      -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't believe the basic topology of their amplifier circuits has changed in a long time. Maybe some small changes along with parts improvements that come with time. Not that different from Vladimir Lamm's approach. I suspect the change to KT150s comes from quality availability and the lack thereof from the 6550.

I have my fingers crossed in hopes the new ownership thrives inside the CJ traditions. And that, going into it, Jeff Fischel himself has thought about succession.

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        The main difference between the LP275 and my amps is the driver stage.

I am happy that Conrad Johnson did not sell out to a large corporate conglomerate. I was not aware of Jeff's involvement in the design of a significant part of Conrad's product line. With a changing marketplace, I feel his main challenge will be marketing and distribution related. With mindful product updates and new product introductions, I am hopeful that this iconic brand is successful going forward. I wish Jeff the best for the future.
      CJ Gat, Lamm ML1.1, CJ Tea1 S3 phono, TW Acoustics Raven AC, Tri-Planer MK Vll SE, Vdh Crimson Stradivarius, Exemplar Modded 205(Tube Version), Rockport Avior ll Speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000t,Triton V3, Shunyata Python Zitron IC's & Python Zitron Speaker Cables. Shunyata Sigma Power Cables, Audio Desk Pro LP Cleaner, Stillpoints, Stillpoints Aperture Panels & MG Corner Tunes.

Comment

Good Luck, CJ.
        Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-300 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Originally posted by JCOConnell View Post
          Good Luck, CJ.
          +1
          I think a sale like this is the closest (and best) substitute to the family inheritance if your children don't want to take over the business. I have been a firm supporter of cj for more than 20 years and this new situation will not change this fact a bit. I wish Bill and Lew a long and peaceful retirement.
          Source: Kuzma XL DC/4Point 14 inch/CAR60; Phono: Zanden 1200 Mk3; Tuner: Magnum Dynalab MD-108T Signature; Line Stage: Zanden 3000 Mk2; Power amp: conrad-johnson ART monos; Speakers: AlsyVox Botticelli; Grounding: Tripoint Troy Elite NG/Emperor Mk2; Cable system: Cardas Clear Beyond; Stands: Finite Elemente Master Reference & Master Reference Heavy Duty; Power strip: Cardas Nautilus; Acoustics treatment: Svanå Miljöteknik AB (SMT);

Comment

Working...
          X