NEW Vandersteen Power Amps at CES 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Vandersteen Power Amps at CES 2018

Vandersteen Audio Introduces the Next GREAT Amplifier at CES 2018!
    Venetian Suite 29-203

Vandersteen Audio shook up the audio world with its liquid-cooled M7-HPA monoblocks, a radical advance in power amplifier design and loudspeaker performance that is Stereophile Class-A rated as a true reference.
    Vandersteen is doing it again at CES 2018 in Las Vegas, where you can get the first look and listen at a pre-production pair of the upcoming M5-HPA (High-Pass Amplifier) monoblocks!
    The M5-HPA is a solid-state design descended directly from the flagship monoblocks. It will be substantially less expensive, but will offer an astonishing amount of the flagship's sonic magic. While the M7-HPA is designed specifically for Vandersteen's Model Seven Mk II speakers, the M5-HPA will work with a much wider variety of loudspeakers and Vandersteen powered subwoofers. To accomplish this goal, while the M7-HPA's high-pass is fixed at 100Hz, the M5-HPA's internal high-pass filtering is adjustable to any of the following five settings: 20Hz, 40Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz.
    Vandersteen for years has employed high-pass filtering with powered subwoofers for the ultimate in powered-bass performance. When paired with a Vandersteen powered-bass speaker like the Quatro Wood CT the M5-HPA forms a complete powered-bass speaker system in which the amplification is perfectly optimized over the entire frequency range.

Richard Vandersteen is responsible for the M5-HPA’s overall design and architecture; the amplifier was developed and is built in partnership between Vandersteen Audio and Dean Klinefelter, a talented designer and engineer in his own right.

Vandersteen powered-bass speaker systems are the ultimate expression of Richard Vandersteen’s philosophies on design and performance, formed over decades of industry-leading design & research & innovation.

M5-HPA's technical attributes:
    • Zero-Feedback Solid-State Design With Dual Single-Ended Circuits Connected By The Speaker Load
    • All Signal Transistors N-Channel Bipolars
    • No Emitter Resistors
    • Minimal Circuit Path- Only 5 Parts In Signal Path Per Phase
    • 10 Separate Power Supplies
    • Adjustable High-Pass Filter (20Hz, 40Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz)
    • 300-Watts Into 4 Ohms / 150-Watts Into 8 Ohms
    • Made In The USA
    How Do You Beat Audiophile Nervosa?

Step Number 1: Upgrade your music collection first. If you do it correctly that should keep you busy in perpetuity.

Very nice. I am glad they have a lower priced option for those who want an amp to match their Vandersteens.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Lyra Etna SL, Ortofon Anna, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Comment

credit was given to Dean Klinefelter, some of you might remember him from PSE. Those were great amps back in the day and often sold together with Vandersteen. The design brief looks interesting, Deans amps were the def of minimalism.
      How Do You Beat Audiophile Nervosa?

Step Number 1: Upgrade your music collection first. If you do it correctly that should keep you busy in perpetuity.

Comment

I’m looking forward to hearing from Richard Vandersteen at an evening event at Gifted Listener Audio feb 8 - hope to hear about these new amps.
        Magnepan 1.7i, VMPS Large Sub, Belden 5000 Speaker Cable, Rogue Audio Sphinx Integrated Amplifier, Jolida JD1000RC Integrated Amplifier, Dayton Audio APA 100 Amplifier, Celtic Dragon Interconnects, Crown SX 722 R/R, Fosgate Signature Phono Preamplifier, Clearaudio Solution Turntable, Clearaudio Satisfy Tone Arm, Clearaudio Concerto V2 Cartridge, Clearaudio Smart Syncro, Belkin AP41300 Power Conditioner/Surge Protector, Monarchy Audio Power Cables, Transparent Power Cables

Comment

An interesting new product that seems aimed at those of us with less-than-Vandersteen-7 Vandersteen loudspeakers.

Mine are Vandy 5A's . . .

At 150W, these new monoblocs on paper seem kind of underpowered, though, especially since I keep seeing fairly high-powered amps (Audio Research/Ayre) favored by some Vandersteen 5/7 users. Definitely will want to hear these when possible.

Visually, they are not inspiring as industrial design, but maybe we're only looking at prototypes?
          Last edited by Goheelz; 01-05-2018, 11:21 PM.
          Dynavector XX-2MK2, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

Is that Vandersteen copy? Did it say the msrp?
            Caused me to think of something in my room I never thought of before: subwoofers.
            Spkr: Wilson Alexias series 2; Amps: Lamm M1.2Ref; Linestage and phono: ARC Ref 10 and ARC Ref 10 Phono; TT: GPA Monaco 2.0; Arms: Kuzma 4Point, Tri-planar Mk. VII U2-SE; Cartridges: Allnic Arrow/Puritas, Benz LP S, Fuuga, Lyra Etna, Transfiguration Phoenix, Denon DL-A100,DL103R; Cables: Shunyata Σ / Σ NR PC/SC/IC; Pwr Cond: Shunyata Triton III, Typhons(3); Isolation: SRA Scuttle3 rack, SRA Ohio Class amp stands, ; Acoustics: Stillpoints Apertures; Audio cat: Finzi

Comment

• Rob
              Rob commented
              Editing a comment
              it was from a press release by Shane Buettner

My guess is that the MSRP will be between $30k and $35k. Maybe we wil be surprised and it will be less.
            Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Lyra Etna SL, Ortofon Anna, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Comment

I am hearing that the price is around $15k for the pair. If so, that is a great option for Vandersteen speaker owners.

Comment

Working...
              X