Mobile Fidelity Introduces New Record Weight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Fidelity Introduces New Record Weight

Click image for larger version  Name:	E3441BF4-6C71-4391-84A3-4962F30A1972.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	291.0 KB ID:	81327Click image for larger version  Name:	51B0C57A-47BF-4675-9CC3-F73EA2717C87.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	224.8 KB ID:	81328Click image for larger version  Name:	A7BC7FA7-43FE-41DC-AE58-2DBFC5D2CD6B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	190.1 KB ID:	81329

MoFi Electronics proudly announces the addition of the Super HeavyWeight record weight to their product lineup. Best described as a “super noise killer”, it is intended for use with all makes of turntables - not just MoFi Electronics models.

The Super HeavyWeight was conceived with the assistance of MoFi Electronics’ good friend, Mike Latvis, of Harmonic Resolution Systems (HRS). The device uses a proprietary HRS polymer material, reknowned for its exceptional noise absorption characteristics and an internal decoupled mass damping system all enclosed a non magnetic aluminum housing. In addition to coupling the record to the platter, the Super HeavyWeight significantly reduces noise – specifically, record groove noise, platter, and bearing noise. Listeners will hear more music due to resultant blacker backgrounds, increased inner detail, improved clarity, enhanced microdynamics, and greater bass impact.

Super HeavyWeight technical highlights:

- Dimensions: 3.0” diameter and 1.355” height.
    - Weight: 367 grams, excellent for a wide range of turntable models.
    - Outer shell: Comprised of billet-machined 6061 aluminum for an easy grip.
    - Underside: Made from a proprietary HRS polymer that ensures excellent
    performance and damage-free operation with LPs.

Created by music lovers for music lovers, and born from a desire to get the most music out of vinyl LPs, the MoFi Electronics Super HeavyWeight is a real “ear opener” that offers exceptional value - especially for budget-minded vinylphile. While no turntable is perfect, adding a Super HeavyWeight guarantees a big leap in sonic performance.

The MoFi Electronics Super HeavyWeight is available now with an MSRP of $199.00

Visit https://www.mofielectronics.com/supe...-record-weight for complete details.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 and Thoress Mk. 2 phonostages; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/12-inch Fat Boy, SAT LM-12 arm, Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, SPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

It looks cool.
    SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek with an SME 3012R with Dyna XV-1S cartridge, VPI Avenger table with rim drive and JMW -12-3D arrm with Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs, and a pair of JBL 4345 speakers.

Comment

Interesting, more than just a weight - I like the construction. I wouldn't call 13 oz. super heavy, though. I think one of mine is 3 lbs, or so.

Comment

This looks like a re-branding of the original HRS Light Wt which didn’t have that designation until Mike made a heavy weight which weighed maybe 2 lbs? I used both for a while. Very good before I began using the TW Mat at which time I stopped using any weight.
        TW Acustic TT with upgraded motor and controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Transfiguration Proteus Cart; Arcam R Phono Preamp; Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer; VTL 6.5 preamp, Pass Labs 150.8 Amplfier; Revel Studio Ultima Loudspeakers; Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls; Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables; Schiitt Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

Oh, I thought it was going to be about a new premium vinyl series- you know, "everybody does 180 grams, some do 200 grams, we are now upping the ante- 340 gram records."
          You'll have a hard time lifting these onto the platter, will have to adjust your VTA, SRA, etc. and reset your suspension if you use such a turntable. But, boy is it worth it! Every record sounds like Black Sabbath at 16 rpm. Heavy Vinyl*

*Didn't MCA do a series called "Heavy Vinyl"-- I think the Dave Mason solo album is on it.
          PS: I like the HRS products, so I'm not being completely snarky.

Comment

• mep
            mep commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember the Heavy Vinyl.

Myles, are you planning to do a test drive and report back?

Comment

We use them in our sound rooms at Music Direct.
            Brian Walsh

Comment

• Billy Shears
              Billy Shears commented
              Editing a comment
              any comment or comparison would be great...

• bpw
              bpw commented
              Editing a comment
              We hear the noise floor drop, even before the first note, and no, it doesn't deaden or dull the sound.

• Billy Shears
              Billy Shears commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! That was my hope...

I saw the item myself and would be most appreciative if someone tried the device and provided feedback on here. I use the record weight that comes with my VPI Classic 4, but I expect its performance could easily be surpassed.
            VPI Classic 4, 12” 3D tonearm w Nordost wiring, Isoacoustics GIAI II feet, NOS Kisiki Purple Heart, Sutherland Duo Phono, Prima Luna HP Integrated, PSB Image 3 Towers w Isoacoustics GAIA II’s, Bluesound (CD Ripper and DAC), about to be replaced by a Brinkmann Nyquist DAC, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Sigma and HC Power Cords, Venom Interconnects and speaker wire. Symposium. OSRIS 5 Level stand

Comment

Working...
            X