Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

darTZeel NHB-108 Model 2 - The Best Stereo Amplifier In The World Just Got Way Better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DetroitVinylRob
    commented on 's reply
    Crap, me too

• Madfloyd
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for looking, Jonathan!

• Jtinn
    replied
    Ian,

Unfortunately I could not find much information in terms of impedance curves or minimal impedance on your speaker. If the load is benign the darTZeel will have absolutely no problem with it.

it is my understanding there is about 50 W per channel greater power. I can tell you sonically it feels like a lot more than that.

Leave a comment:

• Madfloyd
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry for not being more specific, Jonathan. The M-Project (or the M6) is what I was specifically wondering about, but any info about any difference in power and ability to drive more speakers (the 108 is known for running out of steam on lots of speakers) would be helpful to us all.

• Jtinn
    replied
    Originally posted by Madfloyd View Post
    Would love to know what the differences are in terms of being able to drive more speaker types. If the original 108 wouldn't drive a pair of Magicos, what are the chances the new 108 would be able to?
    There are so many Magico models. Is it your impression that darTZeel will not drive any of them? I can attest to hearing the best sound I ever heard from Magicos with the darTZeel NHB-108 Model One. Which model are you specifically talking about?

Leave a comment:

• Madfloyd
    replied
    Would love to know what the differences are in terms of being able to drive more speaker types. If the original 108 wouldn't drive a pair of Magicos, what are the chances the new 108 would be able to?

Leave a comment:

• Alrainbow
    replied
    Originally posted by Alrainbow View Post

20 cents you must be older
    Hahaha not was I was thinking

Leave a comment:

• Mike Lavigne
    replied
    on Saturday I visited my friend Andrew, who has the Evolution Acoustics MM3 with the EXACT crossovers, the NHB-108 stereo amp (I owned for 7 years) and same NHB-18NS 'version 2' pre I have. he has the new 108 Model 2 in his system right now, and we did some head to head comparisons with his original 108.

first off, I love Andrew's system with the original 108. it's one of the better overall systems I've heard and I know it well. I hear all the amazing things from his 108 that I've always enjoyed in my system. that said, the Model 2 version of the 108 is a clear step up in a few ways, and a more satisfying amplifier to listen to. it is more full bodied; more meat on the bones and weighty sounding, and has more authority and punch.....greater ease. it has the same transparency and refinement, and is also very extended in the highs and that extremely smooth top end that the 108 is known for. i'd give the original 108 just a hair more top end air in direct comparison.

we were using vinyl, plus 1/2" 30ips and 15ips tape on an Ampex ATR-102 with Aria output electronics, as sources. both sounding amazing. Andrew is an ATR-102 expert.

when I heard the Model 2 on Saturday, Andrew had only had it for a couple of days and only put 3-4 hours on it at that point, and it is quite new. I know from my experiences that the 108 is an amplifier that takes some serious time to fully break in. yesterday I talked to Andrew and he said it was sounding even better than Saturday. I would not be surprised if it opened up a bit more and matched that top end air for the original 108.

the original darTZeel NHB-108 has always been my second favorite amplifier to my 458's. now that rank on my favorite's list goes to the Model 2. and it's going to be an option for more systems with it's greater ability to control more speakers in bigger rooms. and I think now an even more attractive alternative to a tube amplifier lover wanting solid state advantages.

Best Stereo Amplifier? i'll leave that label to my friend Jonathan. the 108 Model 2 is my favorite sounding stereo amplifier that I have heard.

Bravo Herve' for these improvements!

Leave a comment:

• Kingrex
    commented on 's reply
    You need the monoblocks to drive your towers.

• Kingrex
    commented on 's reply
    I remember Bazooka Bubble gum going from 1 cent to 2 cents. That was a shock for a little kid.

• siddh
    commented on 's reply
    In the early 2000’s????

• Alrainbow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jtinn View Post

I remember when pizza was 10 cents a slice, gas was 23 cents a gallon and the Ford Mustang was about $2k.
    20 cents you must be older

Leave a comment:

• Alrainbow
    replied
    How about I review it does it do 1.7 ohms lol.
    There is no best and the imp it powers matters almost as much as the amp.
    nice post

Leave a comment:

• c1ferrari
    replied
    Thanks for the notice, Jonathan.

Leave a comment:

• Jtinn
    replied
    Originally posted by Metamatic View Post
    Wow, I remember when the original amp was less than 15k.
    it certainly is way ahead of inflation
    I remember when pizza was 10 cents a slice, gas was 23 cents a gallon and the Ford Mustang was about $2k.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X