Hi From The UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From The UK

Although am signed up to a couple of other sites, i just came across this site and seems really interesting.
    I've been into analogue HiFi since I was 8 or 9 and still have the TEAC amp and tuner bought by my brothers in 1971. I still use that amp as the main unit nearly 50 years on! Alas the tuner needs a lot of TLC to get it working so that's a future project. I began buying my own kit in '76 going through an upgrade path 'til I stopped with the JVC A-X3 amp, QL--A5R turntable, T-X3L tuner and KD-A7 cassette deck. When I got married these came to our flat together with a pair of home made speakers given to me by my brother. Those were replaced by a pair of Monitor Audio R352's
    Like many, I moved to CD in about '85 but continued to use analogue as a primary source and tape for recording. I bought the aforementioned Monitor Audio R352's from my brother to replace the home brews when he bought a pair of KEF 103/3's. Kids came along in the late '80's / early '90's and they took over our lives plus pushing the career took most of my time. Now I have more time available due to being pretty much retired, I've got back into this HiFi malarkey and I'm really enjoying myself!

Over the past six years, I've been acquiring the tape decks we also had at my parental home, namely a TEAC A-450 cassette deck and a A-7030GSL 1/2 Track R2R - no idea where they went, but my eldest brother worked first for the UK TEAC importer and then a number of other manufacturers in the '70's including Neal and Allen and Heath. I also got a A-3300-10 for its reel tables (that's another story) which was in a rotten state but which I discovered a few months ago, actually works! Anyway, I'm looking forward to participating here and in the meantime, attached is a pic of our current main set up in our listening room and a full kit list below, some of which is used in our lounge and kitchen.

TEAC A-7030GSL, TEAC A-3300-10 and TEAC A-1230 2T R2R's, TEAC AN180 Dolby B NR, TEAC A-450 cassette deck, TEAC AS-200S Amp, TEAC AT-200S Tuner, JVC QL-A5R Turntable, JVC KD-A3, KD-A7 and KD-D55 cassette decks, JVC AX-3 Amp, JVC TX6-L Tuner, SONY TC-K570 cassette deck, SONY CD-P991 CD player, SONY MDS-JE480 Minidisc deck, TECHNICS SL-P770 CD, THORENS TD150 MKII with standard arm, YAMAHA RX-V667 ProLogic AV Reciever, THORENS TD150 MKII SME 3009 improved Shure V15 MKIII, JPW Sonata+, MONITOR AUDIO R352, KEF Cresta 10, KEF Reference 103/3 and TANNOY R2 speakers.

Speakers: Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III on Stillpoints Ultra 5S feet
    Amplifier: Silver Circle Audio 300B Monoblocks with Takatsuki 300B tubes
    Preamp: TW Acustic RPA-100 Line Stage
    Phono Stage: TW Acustic RPS-100
    Turntable - TW Acustic Raven AC w/ Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades
    Tonearm: Kuzma 4-Point 14" with Air Tight Opus-1 Cartridge
    Tonearm: TW 10.5" with Miyajima Zero Mono
    Vinyl Care: Audio Desk Pro Ultrasonic & VPI 16.5 RCM
    CD/SACD: Playback Designs MP-5 to Bricasti M1 DAC
    Tape: Tascam 42B-NB (Refurb by Soren Wittrup)
    Tape Stage: Doshi V.3
    Power Conditioner: (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6
    Wire: Custom Furutech PC's & IC's + Inakustik LS-4004 Air Speaker Cables
    Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra SS's sprinkled about - SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

Nice TEAC's

Comment

Thanks! The A7030GSL is in "as new" condition; zero wear on anything and it was kept in original box so totally dust free. Even the belts were in great, usable condition. Yeah, I replaced them of course! No sign of leaking caps anywhere, but I will get it recapped when I can afford it. Below is a pic of the amp board - factory-fresh or what? Also a pic of the deck when I'd opening it. No, I grawnched the pinch-roller pivot shaft head - misunderstood what to was to do by a tech friend, So that's the only damage... caused by me! Idiot!

Comment

Glad to have you aboard and look forward to your contributions!
          Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
          Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
          -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
          -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
          -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
          -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
          -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

hi
            Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Teac A3300SX R2R, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Welcome!
              SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp, Soundsmith Paua mkII, Benz LPS-mr, Benz Ebony H
              DIGITAL - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/transport, Auralic Vega G2 DAC. Bluesound Node 2i
              PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPS G2 power supply. Lehmann Audio Decade. MoFi Studiophono
              PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
              AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
              SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)
              CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK room treatment

Comment

Thanks everyone....

Comment

Working...
                X