Hi all, thanks for the add

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, thanks for the add

Been lurking for a day or so as my account was added and already have found a few ways to improve my setup thanks to just browsing around. Some great info and really impressive systems shared here. I hope to be able to contribute.

My setup is mostly analog-based, in a small room that also doubles as my office but I'm very happy with it. I don't claim allegiance to any one brand and I have multiple countries, colors, and design implementations represented in my humble little system. From stateside I have a Herron VTPH-2 phono stage and a George Merrill PolyTable "Super 12" spinner. Canada is represented in my Anthem Statement D2 pre/pro. Japan provided my phono cartridge, an Audio Technica Art9 MC. Speakers are from the Danes at Dynaudio (Focus 260) and I have two SVS subwoofers situated which I am very impressed with. I don't ask them to do much, basically just reinforce 40 Hz and down. Integrating them in a small room has been challenging but they are sufficiently centered and back in the soundstage and I'm happy with where I have them at this point. Running an upgraded NuPrime ST-10 amp, my second go-round with this amp and I must say the upgrade provides a nice bump in performance.

My listening tastes are varied across the board but I am, at my core, a metalhead and lover of hard rock. But, I still have plenty of jazz, classical, prog, movie scores, and so forth to suit whatever mood I'm in.

Anyway, here's a picture of my setup. Thanks again for adding me and happy listening!

Best,
    Todd

Welcome Todd!
    SOURCE: VINYL -VPI HR-X, 12.7 arm, ADS - Air Tight PC-1 Supreme, Benz LPS-mr. DIGITAL - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/dac. PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPS G2 power supply. PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2. AMPLIFIER: Audionet AMP monoblocks. SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures w/ YG binding post upgrade. CABLES: Audioquest and Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK room treatment

Comment

TR, welcome. Love that you display your album cover art. I'm working on that also, but not there quite yet.

Comment

Yes, welcome!
        Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III Speakers - 300B Monoblocks - TW Acustic RLS-100 Line Stage - TW Acustic RPS-100 Phono Stage - TW Acustic Raven AC with (2) 10.5 Arms and Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades - Ortofon A-95 and Miyajima Zero - Playback Designs MP-5 for SACD / Bricasti M1 DAC for Redbook - Tascam 42B Refurbished - (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6's - SCA Vesuvius II Enhanced Power Cords - Custom Furutech Interconnects/speaker cables - VPI 16.5 RCM - Assorted Shun Mook magic

Comment

That is a visually clean installation.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
            MylesBAstor commented
            Editing a comment
            I am embarrassed. Especially with four sets of cables lying around right now while I finish the cj review. 😊My wife is a saint! ❤️

Great to see you here, Todd. For those who don't know him, Todd was first getting the vinyl itch after building up a pretty good digital front end. We first met on the SHoffman forums. He's also been experimenting with DIY US,
          so
          tima and others might be able to help on that front.

Comment

Greetings Todd. Whar amp is in your system?
            There are afew record cleaning theads so don't hesitate to share your experience.
            Spkr: Wilson Alexias series 2; Amps: Lamm M1.2Ref; Linestage and phono: ARC Ref 10 and ARC Ref 10 Phono; TT: GPA Monaco 2.0; Arms: Kuzma 4Point, Tri-planar Mk. VII U2-SE; Cartridges: Allnic Arrow/Puritas, Benz LP S, Lyra Etna, Transfiguration Phoenix, Denon DL-A100,DL103R; Cables: Shunyata Σ / Σ NR PC/SC/IC; Pwr Cond: Shunyata Triton III, Typhons(3); Isolation: SRA Scuttle3 rack, SRA Ohio Class amp stands, ; Acoustics: Stillpoints Apertures; Audio cat: Finzi

Comment

So glad you found our little corner of the web universe! Jump right in! You’ll find the site is pretty intuitive!

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
              Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Fuuga cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, MPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by tima View Post
                Greetings Todd. Whar amp is in your system?
                There are afew record cleaning theads so don't hesitate to share your experience.
                Hi tima! The amp is actually hiding in that picture. I have it in sort of a temporary spot right now, sitting atop the subwoofer stack which is also hiding behind that right speaker. I've got it mounted on absorption pads and ball bearings to try and make its short life there as palatable as possible. It's a NuPrime ST-10, upgraded in Valparaiso IN by the NuPrime factory service center. I think it's called TSSS or something like that? I've had it stock and now modified and the modified version (about $900 or so for the upgrade, making the amp $2500) lifts it up a few notches in dynamics and darkens the background even further which was actually a high point of the amp to begin with. It's not a conventional amp by any means, but I happen to really love the sound. Authoritative as heck, handles my Dyns really well, paints a very believable image and is accurate enough to convey changes upstream without much trouble.

Thanks all for the welcome! Bill Hart has bestowed a great deal of record cleaning knowledge to me that has really elevated my passion for that part of the hobby as well as the end-result listening experience. I'm using a very modest setup right now but as we know, it's more about the tools, the process, and the consistency in approach than it is ultimately what you're using though, I have to say, better tools certainly would make life easier and I'm sure bring my results up even further!

Comment

Hi Todd and welcome
                  I have Georges modified A/R turntable which is basically what you have but within the A/R plinth albeit the A/R is a spungy and yours is rigid mount, I did the modifications with his expert help and knowledge. It is sitting next to a modified Michell Orbe and Thorens, I must say that it holds it's own in performance.
                  Your set up is very clean, maybe you could give Myles a pointer on wire management.

Comment

Hi Todd, welcome on board & for posting your system. You've got a nice simple setup & good looking room which must bring you a lot of joy. See you 'round the forums!
                    Front End: Vitus SCD-025 Mk2, Oppo BPD-103 Amp: Vitus SIA-025 Speakers: Magico S5 Mk2 Isolation: Taoc ASR series racks, Taoc SCB-RS-HC50G, Stillpoints Ultra 6's + Bases/Mini's/LPI's AC Power: Furutech GTX-D(G), Gigawatt PC-3 SE Evo, Jorma Prime pc's (re-terminated with cryo'd Oyaide M1/F1’s), Jorma Unity pc (re-terminated with Oyaide P-004/C-004’s) Cables: Jorma Prime xlr's + Statement sc's, Siltech Classic Anniversary rca's + HDMI Tweaks: Acoustic Revive (various), Akiko E-tuning Gold MkII

Comment

• toddrhodes
                      toddrhodes commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very much so. I often work from home and this room is home base for that so when I'm not on conference calls or what have you, I generally have something playing. It's hell on a stylus tip but my ears aren't complaining! Thank you!

Great looking room Todd. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome Todd! Thank you for sharing your system.
                      [TURNTABLE] TW Acustic Raven One [TONEARM] Dynavector DV 507Mkii & Graham Phantom [PHONO] BAT VK-P10 & Dynavector PHA200; [CARTRIDGE] Dynavector XV1S, Lyra Kleos, Ortofon Cadenza Mono [TAPE] Otari MTR15 & Technics RS1500 with JRF Headblock [DIGITAL] Grace Design M920, Lynx Auroa 8 ADC/DAC, Mac Mini with roon labs [PRAMP] McIntosh C2300 [AMP] McIntosh C601s [SPEAKERS] Legacy Audio Whisper & Wavelet [ACC] Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

Welcome Todd!

Comment

Working...
                        X