Hello from Jacksonville FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Jacksonville FL

I am glad to be an official forum member.
    My current system:
    VAC Renaissance V
    Ayre VX5/20
    Spendor D9
    Ayre Codex
    Origin Live Resolution mk3
    Origin Live Illustrious mk3c
    Ortofon Windfeld Ti
    Audience AU24SX IC
    Luminous Sychestra Sig SC
    Audience AU24SE PC
    Audience aR6 TSSD
    Billy Bags rack
    VPI 16.5
    Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    SmarTractor
    Attached Files
    Last edited by drrsutliff; 12-23-2018, 09:09 AM.
    VAC Renaissance mkV, Ayre VX-5/20, Origin Live Resolution Mk3 (LSC), Origin Live Illustrious mk3c, Cadenza Windfeld Ti, Koetsu RSP, Ayre QX5/20, Spendor D9, Audience AU24SX, Luminous Synchestra, Audience aR6 TSSD, SMARTractor, VPI 16.5

Welcome, great system!
    SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp, Soundsmith Paua mkII, Benz LPS-mr, Benz Ebony H
    DIGITAL - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/transport, Auralic Vega G2 DAC. Bluesound Node 2i
    PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPS G2 power supply. Lehmann Audio Decade. EAT E Glo Petit & EAT LPS. MoFi Studiophono
    PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
    AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
    SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)
    CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK room treatment

Comment

Welcome and nice system. I see you have a Cadenza Bronze and Black, what is the difference in sound quality between the two for you?

Comment

• drrsutliff
        drrsutliff commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Joe. In my Systems the Bronze has had a slight midband thickness that is not present on the black. It gives it a little more bloom (slight) that translates into what many describe as warmth. The Black presents it more balanced and a little more concise from top to bottom. Nothing extra just all the music. I loved both cartridges and the Bronze is presently vacationing in Denmark getting a rebuild. Though both have provided many hours of enjoyment the hours I have placed on my new Windfeld Ti moves everything to a different level. Difficult to yet describe the Windfeld’s presentation. Having a hard time getting past “wow”.

Thank you Tom

Last edited by drrsutliff; 07-29-2018, 10:41 PM.
      VAC Renaissance mkV, Ayre VX-5/20, Origin Live Resolution Mk3 (LSC), Origin Live Illustrious mk3c, Cadenza Windfeld Ti, Koetsu RSP, Ayre QX5/20, Spendor D9, Audience AU24SX, Luminous Synchestra, Audience aR6 TSSD, SMARTractor, VPI 16.5

Comment

Welcome aboard!

I’ve had a soft spot in my heart for Spendors for 25 years. Never annoying and always faithful to the music.
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
        -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
        -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
        -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
        -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• drrsutliff
          drrsutliff commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Myles. I fell for a pair of Spendors in 1978 when I couldn’t afford them. Always had them in the back of my mind as I have gone through some Audio Physics, Sonus Fabers, Aurum Cantus, and Thiels over the past 15 years. Just acquired the Spendors last month and they are special.

• Rob
          Rob commented
          Editing a comment
          ive had Bc-1s, SP1/2s, SP100s and Ls3/5a's (11 ohm) SP1/3s and S3/5s i think that makes me a Spendor fan Great speaker btw, i heard the D9's with Jaids amps and it was sublime. welcome aboard!

Comment

Greetings, very nice system.
          Speakers, Wilson Audio Sasha 2's; line stage, ARC Ref 6; phono pre ARC Ref 3; Amplifier, ARC Ref 75 SE; turntable, Dr. Feickert Firebird with a Kuzma 14 inch 4 pt and Transfiguration Proteus; CD player Ayre C 5 xe; tuner, Magnum Dynalab MD109 SE; Dr. Feickert Analogue CBPS; Double Matrix Professional Sonic RCM; Transparent Audio Isolator 8; Transparent Super cables and IC's; and a Atocha Designs Record Cabinet

Comment

Welcome !
            Chris
            ----------------------------------------------------------------
            Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE, Manley Chinook, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV20x2L, ExaSound e32, Acoustic Zen cables. (Office): Vincent SP331 Mkll, Quicksilver Pre, Lumin D1, (Ken Lau Signiture Edition PSU), Bryston BCD-1, Vapor Audio Breeze, WooAudio W6se,Questyle Audio CMA800R LCD-3,HD800s, HD600, Mr Speaker Ether C Flow,

Comment

Welcome Aboard fellow music lover!!!

Comment

Cartridge update: After multiple rechecks of the cartridge installation and alignment (my OCD) with the SMARTractor, azimuth with the Fozgometer, and SRA by ear, the Windfeld Ti has elevated my entire vinyl experience. The detail and delicacy within the music and the portrayal of the space in which the music was produced is beautiful.

Comment

A little family history... my addiction is familial and can be traced to my fathers’s father. Sorting through many boxes from my past that have come in to my possession I found something special. My grandfather was a partner in an electrical appliance store in the 50’s that sold RCA record players. I have a record cleaner/duster from his store. The brush surface on the cleaning side is pretty decrepit but I decided it needs its own special place in my audio room. (Hockey puck display case was perfect size )

Comment

Welcome, great system. Which component is your turntable?
                    Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

TT is an Origin Live Resolution Mk3 just updated with their new LSC (light speed control) option and an Origin Live Illustrious mk3c tonearm.

(just added Signature with system listing)

Comment

New Adona Eris 6dw rack has arrived. Assembled in about 60 minutes but took a Lillie longer to get all the equipment reinstalled. Very happy with this upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by drrsutliff View Post
                          A little family history... my addiction is familial and can be traced to my fathers’s father. Sorting through many boxes from my past that have come in to my possession I found something special. My grandfather was a partner in an electrical appliance store in the 50’s that sold RCA record players. I have a record cleaner/duster from his store. The brush surface on the cleaning side is pretty decrepit but I decided it needs its own special place in my audio room. (Hockey puck display case was perfect size )
                          Thats the oldest record brush I have seen I wonder if anyone knows of a older model thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                          X