No announcement yet.

Site Update Note

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if this is new or not but just noticed a new feature today. Between the icon and the heading of a thread is a double vertical arrow that if clicked will take you directly to the newest post since you last read that thread. Just thought that was a nice feature members might want to avail themselves of.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Fuuga cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, MPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
      Johnny Vinyl commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. And once it's read the double arrow disappears. It's a handy feature for sure!

Just a quick note that the site will be down for a few minutes tomorrow around 8 pm EST for an update. No need to worry.

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Fuuga cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, MPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
      Couple of quick updates on the forum.

I've added the requested DIY forum for those inveterate tweakers and builders!

The digital forum has been redone and consists of five (two new) categories:

Transports/DACs
      CD/SACD players
      Music servers and computer audio
      NAS and bridges
      Digital Add Ons and Software

Anything else should be there in the digital forum?

network steaming
      transports should be in servers
      dacs alone
      just an idea please don't do cause I asked.

Comment

Can our avatars be a bit bigger ?
        Christian
        System Gear

Comment

Originally posted by rockitman View Post
          Can our avatars be a bit bigger ?
          I'll check but I think that's the max allowable.

Comment

Just a quick note. There will be a site update around 15:50 PST. The site might be unavailable for a few minutes during this time and some styles might look weird for a few minutes. But don't worry, everything will be AOK.

Comment

possibly connected to the site update somehow.....on 'today's posts' there seems to be no way to directly access the latest post. it's the most used feature on the whole forum for me, as well as every other forum I participate in. sure one can work around it but so far I've just moved on rather than deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
                possibly connected to the site update somehow.....on 'today's posts' there seems to be no way to directly access the latest post. it's the most used feature on the whole forum for me, as well as every other forum I participate in. sure one can work around it but so far I've just moved on rather than deal with it.
                Anybody else having this issue? There are the two long threads that don't go to the last post but all the others threads are working for me tonight.

Thanks Mike.

Comment

• Mike Lavigne
                  Mike Lavigne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  none of the threads have links to the last post.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional OS, and Internet Explorer.

• tima
                  tima commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've had that happen. Seems somewhat random as to where and when it happens and I don't associate it with a specific thread. There are several nagging issues with the forum software and to be honest I gave up reporting bugs - hakuna mattata and move on.

Win7 Pro and Firefox

We would like to notify in advance of a scheduled maintenance occurring after 8 PM Pacific Time on Tuesday July 11th, 2017. Your vBulletin Cloud site might experience a short outage, lasting no longer than 10 minutes during the maintenance period.

Comment

Please be aware that there seem to be a crapload of issues with the new pest site update. I have reported the issues

Unable to upload pics
                  Unable to see who is online past page one
                  Unable to delete posts
                  Unable to dismiss posts
                  Unable to like posts

Always seem to be getting an error message.

Please report any other issues you are running into so can update vbulletin.

Comment

I've found that pictures are not displaying when [IMG] tags are used when writing a message and the picture location is off site. This is relatively new (bad) behavior.

I tend to keep images on a hosting service and I point to them with a URL wrapped in the [IMG] tag.

IF I use that same URL to upload the picture to the board's server, the software accepts the url, acquires the picture and displays it correctly. Sometimes doing it that way is okay, but it means the user is turning over the image to the board and whatever server it is on. The whole topic of who owns the content on a forum or 'bulletin board' is a thorny one that I'd prefer to avoid.

Regardless of that issue, the failure to display images as described above is a bug. I can take the URL in question, plug it into my browser's address bar and the picture displays correctly.
                    Spkr: Wilson Alexias series 2; Amps: Lamm M1.2Ref; Linestage and phono: ARC Ref 10 and ARC Ref 10 Phono; TT: GPA Monaco 2.0; Arms: Kuzma 4Point, Tri-planar Mk. VII U2-SE; Cartridges: Allnic Arrow/Puritas, Benz LP S, Lyra Etna, Transfiguration Phoenix, Denon DL-A100,DL103R; Cables: Shunyata Σ / Σ NR PC/SC/IC; Pwr Cond: Shunyata Triton III, Typhons(3); Isolation: SRA Scuttle3 rack, SRA Ohio Class amp stands, ; Acoustics: Stillpoints Apertures; Audio cat: Finzi

Comment

There is a site update scheduled for 11-20 at 11:40 am. The site may be down for a couple of minutes. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Comment

A friend of a friend of a friend's 2nd cousin told me this is going to be worse that Y2K!
                        Front End: Vitus SCD-025 Mk2, Oppo BPD-103 Amp: Vitus SIA-025 Speakers: Magico S5 Mk2 Isolation: Taoc ASR series racks, Taoc SCB-RS-HC50G, Stillpoints Ultra 6's + Bases/Mini's/LPI's AC Power: Furutech GTX-D(G), Gigawatt PC-3 SE Evo, Jorma Prime pc's (re-terminated with cryo'd Oyaide M1/F1’s), Jorma Unity pc (re-terminated with Oyaide P-004/C-004’s) Cables: Jorma Prime xlr's + Statement sc's, Siltech Classic Anniversary rca's + HDMI Tweaks: Acoustic Revive (various), Akiko E-tuning Gold MkII

Comment

• Bodhi
                          Bodhi commented
                          Editing a comment

• MylesBAstor
                          MylesBAstor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No just a vbulletin update to the site and nothing to do with anyone’s computer. Vbulletin periodically fixes reported bugs as well as improving their bulletin board.

• Bodhi
                          Bodhi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My bad Myles, I thought it was an xbulletin update

Sorry for late notice but just arrived.

We would like to notify in advance of a scheduled maintenance occurring at 06:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday December 11th, 2017. Your vBulletin Cloud site might experience a short outage, lasting no longer than 1 hour during the maintenance period.

Comment

I use a Droid. When I type the letters pop way to large and fade so slow its a distraction. It like the site is interacting with my phone, trying to spell check or something.

Talking about spell check? ??

An undo button would be nice. The other night I accidentally pasted a old copy that was paragraphs long. Took forever to back it out.

Pure Audio Project Trio 10/Voxativ, 811A Triode monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3S, Rega RP6 customized, Allnic H1201, RT Audio Ultra USB Orpheus EX, Mojo Audio Server with remote Illuminati power supply, Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire.

Comment

Working...
                          X