Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Posts: How to keep up to date with new threads.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Posts: How to keep up to date with new threads.

    I've added a link in this post that will show the latest posts in the most recent order.

    -To the left of each new post will be a blue down arrow that will take you to the most recent post (or recent since last visit).
    -To the right, will be a blue arrow pointing to the right that will take you to the last post
    -Clicking on the post itself will take you to the beginning.

    New Post Link: Shazam!

    -Once there, you can save it as a bookmark and use it to get the latest updates in newest post order.

    This should work until the software allows the button to be added at a later date.


    Hope this helps!

    Dre
    Last edited by Dre_J; 02-23-2016, 05:01 PM.
    **************************************************
    Every day is a good day to play analog.
    - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
    - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
    **************************************************
    Every day is a good day for live music.
    **************************************************

  • #2
    The same problem of missing posts as with "Latest Activity" button on the Home page.

    david
    Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack
    Distribution: NEODIO

    Special Sales: van den Hul
    Industry Representation: Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformer, Venta Airwasher

    Unique Items: Vintage Horn Speakers
    http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
    http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

    Comment


    • #3
      It works for me David.
      Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, seems to work for me as well. Thank you, Andre!
        Kronos Sparta -> Trinity Phono -> Trinity Pre -> CH Precision A1 -> Magico S7s

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mep View Post
          It works for me David.
          Do you see all activity listed Ian? I seem to be missing some threads, basically my own that I know I posted and got replies to.

          david
          Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack
          Distribution: NEODIO

          Special Sales: van den Hul
          Industry Representation: Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformer, Venta Airwasher

          Unique Items: Vintage Horn Speakers
          http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
          http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by david k View Post

            Do you see all activity listed Ian? I seem to be missing some threads, basically my own that I know I posted and got replies to.

            david
            David, maybe it would help if you point out some specifics.

            I see on page 2 of the search "Vintage Gear", last post by 1morerecord2clean 02-08-2016, 04:06 PM your responses are in there but that was the last one and the posts are in order of the latest response.

            I see on page 2 of the search "Ive Always wondered", last post by MylesBAstor 02-08-2016, 05:19 PM. Your post is above Myles. it is again shown in the order of the last response in the thread.

            On page 1 of the search: Since you posted, "New posts: how to..." has jumped back towards the top. Your post is above mine now that I've responded, but you were the last response in the thread before that.

            Of course, all of this is based on the timestamp of the post. As the day goes on, the most recent posts (or responses) will move to the top of the list.


            Note: I'm not claiming this to be the end-all result for everyone but I see every new post (response to a post) in the order of the newest post as shown in the search link.

            Dre

            Last edited by Dre_J; 02-08-2016, 11:04 PM.
            **************************************************
            Every day is a good day to play analog.
            - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
            - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
            **************************************************
            Every day is a good day for live music.
            **************************************************

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dre_J View Post

              David, maybe it would help if you point out some specifics.

              I see on page 2 of the search "Vintage Gear", last post by 1morerecord2clean 02-08-2016, 04:06 PM your responses are in there but that was the last one and the posts are in order of the latest response.

              I see on page 2 of the search "Ive Always wondered", last post by MylesBAstor 02-08-2016, 05:19 PM. Your post is above Myles. it is again shown in the order of the last response in the thread.

              On page 1 of the search: Since you posted, "New posts: how to..." has jumped back towards the top. Your post is above mine now that I've responded, but you were the last response in the thread before that.

              Of course, all of this is based on the timestamp of the post. As the day goes on, the most recent posts (or responses) will move to the top of the list.


              Note: I'm not claiming this to be the end-all result for everyone but I see every new post (response to a post) in the order of the newest post as shown in the search link.

              Dre
              "I've Always Wondered" is a good example Dre, I also see that last post by Myles but nothing else from the earlier posts on that thread, didn't see it earlier today either.

              david
              Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack
              Distribution: NEODIO

              Special Sales: van den Hul
              Industry Representation: Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformer, Venta Airwasher

              Unique Items: Vintage Horn Speakers
              http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
              http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by david k View Post
                "I've Always Wondered" is a good example Dre, I also see that last post by Myles but nothing else from the earlier posts on that thread, didn't see it earlier today either.

                david
                Hi David,

                This search is supposed to track every topic in the order of the last post. My eyes have fooled me a couple times -which required a second look.

                The search link I put up will only rank the post based on the latest post in that topic. The two blue arrows I mention in the first post of this thread will either take you to the "First New Post" since you last visited or the "Last Post" in the topic.

                It functions more like a "Newest Posts" button (based on timestamp of latest post, in topic order).

                If I figure out how to get it to show something similar to a time-stamped "Activity Stream" where the rankings are not tied to a post, I'll put up a link.

                But right now, what I've shown is the best method I've found for me to stay on top of every post that is ranked by most recently responded to topic.

                Thanks for being more specific,
                Dre
                Last edited by Dre_J; 02-08-2016, 11:50 PM.
                **************************************************
                Every day is a good day to play analog.
                - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
                - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
                **************************************************
                Every day is a good day for live music.
                **************************************************

                Comment


                • #9
                  Got it Dre, thanks!
                  david
                  Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack
                  Distribution: NEODIO

                  Special Sales: van den Hul
                  Industry Representation: Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformer, Venta Airwasher

                  Unique Items: Vintage Horn Speakers
                  http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
                  http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X