Membership has its privileges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership has its privileges?

What makes a person a "Premier Club Member" and/or what distinguishes that person from being a "Junior Member"? Since I'm classified as the latter on all the messages that I post, should I feel left out?

At first I thought it was related to the number of posts that you make, but I see plenty of Premier Club members without any posts....

Did I miss the secret handshake?

Speakers: Rockport Avior
    Amp: Ypsilon Aelius Mk II (Silver Edition)
    Preamp: Pass Labs XS
    Phono preamp: EMIA LR Phono Corrector, Slagle Silver SUTs
    Phono: Continuum Criterion, Kuzma 4-Point, Lyra Etna SL Lambda
    Digital: dCS Network Bridge, dCS Scarlatti DAC
    Tape: Studer A80 RC, Doshi V3.0

The secret handshake. Now the cat's out of the bag...
    Steve Lefkowicz
    Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
    -
    Analog 1: Linn LP12 (MOSE/Hercules II), Ittok, Dynavector 10X5 MK.II Low, iPhono2/iPowerX; Analog 2: Pro-Ject RPM-1 Carbon, Talisman S, iFi iPhono.
    Digital: Samsung 300E5C notebook, JRiver Media Center 28, Tidal HiFi, Qobuz Studio), iFi NEO iDSD, iFi iUSB3, iPurifier2, Audioquest Jitterbug.
    Electronics: DIY passive line-stage, Antique Sound Labs MG-SI15DT-S, Burson Timekeeper Virtuoso
    Speakers: Tekton Perfect SET 15, Tekton Lore, Magneplaner .7
    Interconnects: Morrow Audio MA1, Vermouth Audio Black Pearl, Audioquest Evergreen
    Speaker cables: WyWyres Diamond, Morrow Audio SP4, Vermouth Audio Red Velvet, Audioquest Type 5
    Digital cables: Aural Symphonics USB, iFi Gemini twin-head USB.
    Accessories: Sound Organization turntable shelf, Mondo racks, Pangea Audio Vulcan rack, Pi Audio Group Über BUSS, Monster HTS2000 power conditioner, Kinetronics anti-static brush, Pro-Ject VC-S record cleaner, Spin Clean record cleaner.
    Headphones: Schiit Valhalla amp, Burson Conductor Virtuoso Amp, Meze Audio 99 Classic and 99 Neo, Beyerdynamic DT770Pro 600 ohm, DT770 Studio 80 ohm, 1More Triple Driver Over Ear, 1More Triple Driver IEM

Comment

Originally posted by squasher View Post
      What makes a person a "Premier Club Member" and/or what distinguishes that person from being a "Junior Member"? Since I'm classified as the latter on all the messages that I post, should I feel left out?

At first I thought it was related to the number of posts that you make, but I see plenty of Premier Club members without any posts....

It's the million dollars of gold bullion that gets you in the door.
      Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

I think Myles bestowed this coveted title on early members, Squasher. I'm not sure it signifies much beyond that. FWIW, I was doing some casual research on British titles and their hierarchy -having not grown up with the peerage system (I'm a Yankee). I concluded that the best title, circa the 19th Century, was a "Master of Lunacy"- those appointed to oversee the insane asylums back in the day. Myles may be traveling- he can address this directly with you if a real concern.
        bill hart

Comment

Myles said that I had to "like" him on Facebook, if I wanted to join audionirvana. Just saying

Comment

The "Premier Member" tag was given to those who joined AN in the first two months.

After that, I left the default BB default settings that go with number of posts. Full member tag IIRC comes with 50 posts. So just hang in buddy. I enjoy your posts!
            Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
            Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
            -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
            -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
            -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
            -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
            -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
            -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
            -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
            -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
            -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

No worries at all. I only wish that I had put in the appropriate emoticon when I originally posted.

p.s. After 50 posts, I'd rather find out the secret handshake.....
              Speakers: Rockport Avior
              Amp: Ypsilon Aelius Mk II (Silver Edition)
              Preamp: Pass Labs XS
              Phono preamp: EMIA LR Phono Corrector, Slagle Silver SUTs
              Phono: Continuum Criterion, Kuzma 4-Point, Lyra Etna SL Lambda
              Digital: dCS Network Bridge, dCS Scarlatti DAC
              Tape: Studer A80 RC, Doshi V3.0

Comment

No worries at all. I only wish that I had put in the appropriate emoticon when I originally posted.

p.s. After 50 posts, I'd rather find out the secret handshake.....
                We won't make you wait...

https://youtu.be/ddM7kJ9xQfA
                Steve Lefkowicz
                Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
                -
                Analog 1: Linn LP12 (MOSE/Hercules II), Ittok, Dynavector 10X5 MK.II Low, iPhono2/iPowerX; Analog 2: Pro-Ject RPM-1 Carbon, Talisman S, iFi iPhono.
                Digital: Samsung 300E5C notebook, JRiver Media Center 28, Tidal HiFi, Qobuz Studio), iFi NEO iDSD, iFi iUSB3, iPurifier2, Audioquest Jitterbug.
                Electronics: DIY passive line-stage, Antique Sound Labs MG-SI15DT-S, Burson Timekeeper Virtuoso
                Speakers: Tekton Perfect SET 15, Tekton Lore, Magneplaner .7
                Interconnects: Morrow Audio MA1, Vermouth Audio Black Pearl, Audioquest Evergreen
                Speaker cables: WyWyres Diamond, Morrow Audio SP4, Vermouth Audio Red Velvet, Audioquest Type 5
                Digital cables: Aural Symphonics USB, iFi Gemini twin-head USB.
                Accessories: Sound Organization turntable shelf, Mondo racks, Pangea Audio Vulcan rack, Pi Audio Group Über BUSS, Monster HTS2000 power conditioner, Kinetronics anti-static brush, Pro-Ject VC-S record cleaner, Spin Clean record cleaner.
                Headphones: Schiit Valhalla amp, Burson Conductor Virtuoso Amp, Meze Audio 99 Classic and 99 Neo, Beyerdynamic DT770Pro 600 ohm, DT770 Studio 80 ohm, 1More Triple Driver Over Ear, 1More Triple Driver IEM

Comment

I gave a cow and 3 egg lying chickens just to become a Jr Member
                  Chris
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE, Manley Chinook, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV20x2L, ExaSound e32, Acoustic Zen cables. (Office): Vincent SP331 Mkll, Quicksilver Pre, Lumin D1, (Ken Lau Signiture Edition PSU), Bryston BCD-1, Vapor Audio Breeze, WooAudio W6se,Questyle Audio CMA800R LCD-3,HD800s, HD600, Mr Speaker Ether C Flow,

Comment

I have donkey photos of Myles

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Lefkowicz View Post
                      The secret handshake. Now the cat's out of the bag...
                      :-)
                      Hugh Nguyen
                      ACA

Comment

Originally posted by Metamatic View Post
                        I have donkey photos of Myles
                        Now that might get you into the club!
                        Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Working...
                        X