Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times . . .

Have you considered maybe adding a Chat forum at some point, or would that be too much hassle?
    Source: Marantz SA-7S1 (modded); Amplifier: Coda S12.5 stereo amplifier (modded); Speakers: JENA Labs Studio Reference; Cabling and power conditioning: JENA Labs, Dussun; Subwoofer: Rythmik 15" with DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 EQ; Isolation: SRA Craz rack, SRA Ohio Class base under source, SRA VR bases under amplifier and Dussun regenerator

Wow showing your age. Aol lol.
    analog stuff.
    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
    sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
    new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
    thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
    thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
    kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
    phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
    speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
    mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
    digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
    Dacs lampi various

Comment

I get that a lot! But, frankly, my wife and I have been too lazy to go with anything else.
      Source: Marantz SA-7S1 (modded); Amplifier: Coda S12.5 stereo amplifier (modded); Speakers: JENA Labs Studio Reference; Cabling and power conditioning: JENA Labs, Dussun; Subwoofer: Rythmik 15" with DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 EQ; Isolation: SRA Craz rack, SRA Ohio Class base under source, SRA VR bases under amplifier and Dussun regenerator

Comment

I for one would love it. Only one concern is politics lol. Aside from this I think it's a great idea .
        analog stuff.
        new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
          Johnny Vinyl commented
          Editing a comment
          No politics? Damn...I love politics. Haha!

Politics is always a concern with forums like this, and can frequently creep into non-political discourse, but people here seem pretty respectful of one another, so maybe it wouldn't be a major issue. I don't know.

Comment

• Steve Lefkowicz
          Steve Lefkowicz commented
          Editing a comment
          I think we have done a great job of keeping politics out of this. As well as flaming about cables and specifications. Hope we keep it that way.

Me too but watch how fast it goes wrong very wrong.
        We all seem nice till we see who votes for who lol. And don't you live in Canada. Not fair you guys have a normal gov only one I ever heard was you mayor he was funny.
        analog stuff.
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
          Johnny Vinyl commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha! Best to stay away from politics and religion as well. I have enough to deal with through my MSN and NPR feeds.

Originally posted by Quint View Post
        Politics is always a concern with forums like this, and can frequently creep into non-political discourse, but people here seem pretty respectful of one another, so maybe it wouldn't be a major issue. I don't know.
        Hahhaa just watch but I would love it too.
        analog stuff.
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

Originally posted by Alrainbow View Post

Hahhaa just watch but I would love it too.
          Maybe you're right. I think my "dreamer" side is probably showing!

Comment

My dream would be a gov that works for us not them selves but we cannot always get what we want lol.
            analog stuff.
            Dacs lampi various

Comment

The two things that impact everyone's lives most are religion & politics yet in the PC culture of north America people are taught to avoid conversation and discussion; who do you think it's serving?
              david
              Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack
              Distribution: NEODIO

Special Sales: van den Hul
              Industry Representation: Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformer, Venta Airwasher

Unique Items: Vintage Horn Speakers
              http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
              http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

Comment

• Steve Lefkowicz
                Steve Lefkowicz commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe it is Myle's choice to keep politics out of this forum. I agree with him. There are plenty of other places to rant at each other, since it nearly impossible to have reasonable, respectful political discussions any more. I've tried in other forums, but it just doesn't last.

• david k
                david k commented
                Editing a comment
                My comment was general and not related to this forum and don't have a problem with Myles's decision, his site.

david

I completely agree. If we or I suggest a product I own and make an honest commmet I get bashed lol. Imagine an opposing political view. A wise choice in deed.
              analog stuff.
              Dacs lampi various

Comment

My experience with fora that permitted discussion of religion, politics, etc. was that it became a bowl-a-rama of gutter balls-- even if the original post was intended to be productive--and many weren't-- the topics were just too volatile. I enjoy the audio boards largely because they are devoid of such topics. There are plenty of places on the web where such discussions can be had (and predictably, most descend into the same well-worn sniping that doesn't really further understanding on anyone's part).

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
                  Johnny Vinyl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A bowl-a-rama of gutter balls!.....Haha!! I have to remember that!

One thing about a forum like this, with no IM there is a bit of a time delay which allows one to consider the content of a statement or reply that will be seen by the entire community. As one pundit once remarked, better to be though an idiot than to prove it. It is nice to have a forum for focused mannerly discussion.

Comment

Can you imagine how out of hand cable or analog vs digital chat debates would get ? Not to mention tweak discussions....lol
                  Christian
                  System Gear

Comment

• JCOConnell
                    JCOConnell commented
                    Editing a comment
                    why would analog vs digital chat debates get out of hand? Everybody knows analog rules!

Originally posted by Rust View Post
                  One thing about a forum like this, with no IM there is a bit of a time delay which allows one to consider the content of a statement or reply that will be seen by the entire community. As one pundit once remarked, better to be though an idiot than to prove it. It is nice to have a forum for focused mannerly discussion.
                  I think you meant to put a "t" at the end of "though." The saying is really closer to "Better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                  Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

• Rust
                    Rust commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Spell check is for those unsure of their gender identity.....

Paraphrasing is a matter of personal choice made to decrease the word count, I'm lazy and don't like typing.
                Working...
                X