Main forum/Sub-forum (sub-section) identifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main forum/Sub-forum (sub-section) identifiers

When we create a new thread we also choose the forum or sub-forum (sub-section) we think it should be placed in. On most, if not all boards, a thread is always shown with where it was placed. It does not do that here and it's a bit of a hinderance IMO. Some of the thread titles are very obscure and I have no idea what the subject matter of such a thread pertains to.

It's not a big deal right now as AudioNirvana is still quite new, but as it grows and matures I think it'll become an issue. I'm also aware that Myles is carrying this site by himself and I'm sure that takes a few shekels to maintain, so I understand if this can't be implemented. It would be a nice feature to have though!
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Including a post's home forum with its title on the Today's Posts page would help.

Obscure thread titles are another problem. Many are designed to drive reading by intentionally being coy rather than give information that helps the potential reader decide whether to invest their time.

i appreciate there being no ads. Myles, if you set up a paypal account for Audionirvana, I'd contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
      When we create a new thread we also choose the forum or sub-forum (sub-section) we think it should be placed in. On most, if not all boards, a thread is always shown with where it was placed. It does not do that here and it's a bit of a hinderance IMO. Some of the thread titles are very obscure and I have no idea what the subject matter of such a thread pertains to.

It's not a big deal right now as AudioNirvana is still quite new, but as it grows and matures I think it'll become an issue. I'm also aware that Myles is carrying this site by himself and I'm sure that takes a few shekels to maintain, so I understand if this can't be implemented. It would be a nice feature to have though!
      Did you try going under Forums, then select subcat Latest Activity and then select filter for today or this week? That should give which forum the thread lies.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
      -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
        Johnny Vinyl commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not, no. Thanks for letting me know, but it seems rather awkward or convoluted.

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually is very easy.
    Working...
    X