Happy Birthday To Us!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myles,
    I have certainly enjoyed my time here, and have discovered a lot of new music and more in the process. Now if I could just get this upgraditis from my Teac A-4300 out of my mind! :^)
    Congrats,
    Jim

Comment

Congratulations, and thank you for all your efforts in keeping this community alive.

Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
      Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
      Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
      Pre-Amps: ARC SP 3a, Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
      Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2

Comment

Comment

A happy anniversary to all...and thanks to all. A special thanks for the shared music. Wish I had more time to spend on reading, commenting and, of course, listening. Consequently, life in the tundra has opened up some free time.
          Avalon Time, Walker Proscenium, Koetsu Coralstone, Air Tight PC-1 Supreme, Goldfinger Statement, Dalby record weight, Kondo KSL-SFz step-up, Jadis JP80-MC...heavily modified, Convergent Audio JL-2 Black Path, Sony NS999 ES Modwright modded, full loom High Fidelity Ultimate cables, Rel S-5 sub, Stillpoints ultra and 5's, Shun Mook, Dalby footers, Critical Mass bases, Acoustic System Resonators, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Telefunkens throughout, assorted fuses, Furutech outlets, PurePower conditioner.

Comment

Congrats. New to the group and looking forward to being part of this community
            Analog: VPI Traveler / Ortofon 2M Red-Lounge Audio LCRMKIII MM Phono Preamp w/ silver wire-Digital: Oppo UDP 205-Apple TV Amplification: Gill Audio dual mono-block amplifier w/ Gill Audio preamp Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE Cabling: Cardas Iridium interconnects, Pangea SE phono cable and Cardas Parsec bi-wire speaker cable Power: Signal Cable MagicPower cords, Monster Power HTS 3500

Comment

Happy Birthday Team!

Click image for larger version

Name:	n3p7Ih1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	107166

Comment

Myles, congratulations and thanks for creating such a nice place!

Comment

Thank you, Myles, for being our guiding light. Audio Nirvana is the ONLY internet audio forum in which I still actively participate, EXACTLY for the reasons which you enumerated.

Happy Birthday!!
                  SME 10/IV, Lyra Kleos, Cotter Mk. 2L sut, BAT VK-D5 (diy ‘six-pak’ upgrade), Audioengine B1 bluetooth receiver/dac (for Spotify), Plinius Hautonga, Totem Forest Signatures, MIT Shotgun S1 phono, Shotgun S1 Proline (cd player), Shotgun S1 speaker cable, RGPC Substation and1200S, Marigo Ultra and Reference power cords, Burson Soloist SL, Sennheiser HD-600, VPI 16.5 and other miscellaneous and sundry widgets, thingamabobs and doodads.

Comment

Congrats Myles! This site is my favorite of all the audio sites. I feel at home here. Thanks to all the members and most of all to you!

Comment

Thanks Myles, great site.
                      Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Teac A3300SX R2R, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

I had a vision when I started Audionirvana. Sure it seemed far fetched. Sure it seemed destined to fail like so many audio sites before it. Yet I truly believed that it was possible to create high-end audio site where:

1) Free of the usual internet trolls;
                        2) Members demonstrated mutual respect for each other;
                        3) Audiophiles, reviewers, manufacturers, etc. could interact and freely exchange ideas, information and experiences without fear of being attacked;
                        4) A place where we could help each other improve our systems and grow and evolve as audiophiles.

So did obviously everyone here too!

January 28th, 2019 marks four years since Audionirvana went live! It seems like just yesterday that I decided to go my own way and take that leap of faith in December 2015 to create Audionirvana. Everyone out there told me that putting together a bulletin board was a daunting task and to expect to spend a month or two before taking it live. Yet just three short weeks after investigating the various bulletin board platforms, coming up with a name for the forum, licensing the vBulletin V5 software and beta testing by Andre, Mark and myself, the site was ready to go live.

Yes, initially there were a few flies in the ointment. YES, people were bugged by glitches in vBulletin’s new software. Yes, people were used to vBulletin’s V4 software. So too was I in the beginning by things the vBulletin software wouldn’t do and by their server crashes. The old V4 software, however, was obsolete and essentially a dead end. I truly believed in the promise and ease of use of vBulletins’s newest V5 software and with time my faith was rewarded. vBulletin got their act together (yes I spent a lot of time on the phone in the beginning with vbulletin), moved to new servers and the site runs now like clockwork. vBulletin always stays on top of things and every month or so addresses issues with the software or implements improvements.

It’s been a thrilling journey watching your baby grow up and mature. Audionirvana has grown by leaps and bounds since January 28, 2016. All the metrics by which we judge an Internet site’s success including site ranking, hits, traffic, pages read and more continue to grow. Audionirvana started with vBulletins basic “traffic/bandwidth” plan and has graduated to vBulletin’s next to largest 300 GB plan.

So first a big shout to Andre and Mark for being my two right hand men lending me their thoughts on how to improve the site and keeping two extra pairs of eyes on the bulletin board. Next, a shout out to Premier Club members who truly believed in our mission and joined Audionirvana in the first two months after the site went live. Finally a big thank you to all the members who give Audionirvana its unique identity. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t get a note from someone complimenting the site. Or someone stops me at the show and tells me how much they enjoy reading the bulletin board. (They aren’t always members but I encourage them to join!) Or a manufacturer who appreciates the support they [the industry] receives on Audionirvana.

Thanks so much for everyone’s support, no matter how big or small and to the continuing growth of Audionirvana and a great 2019!!! Yes we’re a newbie relative to other sites but we continue to make a mark in the industry. Keep those posts a coming and continue to spread the word among your audiobuddies about Audionirvana.
                        Myles,

Thanks for creating an internet space around the four points mentioned above. It has been a joy to participate in our small but joyous community of one-in-the-same audiophiles and music lovers.

Andre (Dre_J)
                        Every day is a good day to play analog.
                        - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
                        - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
                        Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

Working...
                        X