Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've Finally Reached Audionirvana!!!

Audiobuddies. A term coined by my ex-wife, in her bimonthly Stereophile column Astor Place, to describe that now antiquated audiophile practice of calling all their friends on the phone to share both their audio woes and latest equipment and discoveries. Today, social media has totally changed the audio landscape. Audiobuddies' midnight emergencies have been replaced by texting, Facebook posts and likes and assorted audio bulletin boards and websites. Moreo, like everything else, the world has become a lot smaller place. It's commonplace for someone in the US to converse (not to mention Skype) with audiophiles from Hong Kong, Malysia, Singapore, Norway, South Africa , etc. And with that, information sharing, for better or worse, has become near instantaneous.

How will Audionirvana differentiate itself from the other bulletin boards permeating the ether? Quite simply by the quality of its membership! Audiophiles who are serious about their audio and music. Audiophiles who want to learn more from talking to other audiophiles. Audiophiles who want to share their latest audio and music discoveries with their fellow audiobuddies. Last but far from least, a user friendly BB, appropriately moderated and free of the usual trolling and flaming that permeates the internet. So when posting on audionirvana, PLEASE always accord the other members the same respect you ask. In other words, flaming, trolling, trashing high-end audio, shilling, etc. won't be tolerated and dealt with swiftly and accordingly.

So where does the tagline "Where Sound Meets Music" enter? One of my pet peeves is that people see these two qualities as mutually exclusive when they should be the same. At least if we believe in the term "recordings arts." So another thing audionirvana.org will emphasize is the identification and sharing of both old and new recordings that combine those qualities. A lot of recordings such as from the Golden Age of Stereo are well known; on the other hand, there are also a lot of undiscovered gems as Analogue Production's recent release of Dean Martin's Dream with Dean has shown!

So please pull up a chair and make yourself at home and post away! I love the feel and look vBulletin's newest version 5.2, the ease of uploading pictures and edit posts, the ability to personalize profiles, and just the overall look of the site. Another great feature of the new version of vBulletin is the change in the NAV bar from "activity stream" to "Latest Posts." Now you you don't even have to click on the post to see parts of the text, pictures or embedded videos, etc. to see the thread. To make the site friendly to everyone--including those shier members--we have included a " Like" button as well as roughly 150 smilies, emoticons and emojis--to increase forum participation. So I strongly urge all members take a moment after joining audionirvana.org to test out the forum's many new features and functions!

One final note. I am aware that the site does not totally interface with devices such as iPads as was initially anticipated. Members can certainly post but may have some issues uploading pictures (eg. they will only upload as thumbnails.) That issue should hopefully be cured shortly by the vBulletin folks.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 and Thoress Mk. 2 phonostages; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/12-inch Fat Boy, SAT LM-12 arm, Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, SPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

A quick note to say Thanks and Kudos to Myles for the concept, design, execution and the daily hard work that makes Audionirvana a success. To my fellow members for your knowledgeable, helpful and friendly participation: thank you.
    Spkr: Wilson Alexias series 2; Amps: Lamm M1.2Ref; Linestage and phono: ARC Ref 10 and ARC Ref 10 Phono; TT: GPA Monaco 2.0; Arms: Kuzma 4Point, Tri-planar Mk. VII U2-SE; Cartridges: Allnic Arrow/Puritas, Benz LP S, Fuuga, Lyra Etna, Transfiguration Phoenix, Denon DL-A100,DL103R; Cables: Shunyata Σ / Σ NR PC/SC/IC; Pwr Cond: Shunyata Triton III, Typhons(3); Isolation: SRA Scuttle3 rack, SRA Ohio Class amp stands, ; Acoustics: Stillpoints Apertures; Audio cat: Finzi

Comment

Indeed this site is rewarding and devoid of the pedantic attitude that seemingly affects some other sites--

A refreshing change-long may it reign!

by the way Myles I presume you good wife is --Lady Astor?

Soc

Comment

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        Lady Astor sez to tell you she puts up with the new forum! Or as she sez, a new lady in the house.

Thanks so much guys. It's comments like the above that make all the work worthwhile!

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 and Thoress Mk. 2 phonostages; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/12-inch Fat Boy, SAT LM-12 arm, Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, SPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Myles, you are running one of the smartest and best designed audio newsgroup boards I have seen. Your stewardship and encouragement will make it very popular and successful bringing in more talented and knowledgeable people from all parts of audio and music reproduction. Congratulations and keep up the great work!
        Thiel 7.2s, Manley NeoClassic 250s, Wadia 850, MIT Oracle V3 speaker cables, MIT MI-350 Oracle interconnects, Black Diamond Racing Shelves and Cones in a dedicated room with ASC Tube Traps, Room Tunes and 3 X 20 amp dedicated circuits.

Comment

This place is taking quite a big chunk of my consciousness these days. Thanks Myles and thanks to all you guys who contribute to this awesome place!

Comment

• MylesBAstor
            MylesBAstor commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too! The board has taken on a life of its own. Thanks!

• tima
            tima commented
            Editing a comment
            Haven't heard from Per lately. Hope the Langoliers didn't get him.

Thanks Myles, I enjoy reading and writing here too.
          Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Teac A3300SX R2R, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Thank you Myles for this Audionirvana, what a great place to be!

Comment

• Spla'nin
              Spla'nin commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome Joseph, on behalf of all, looking forward to your participation also !

Originally posted by Joseph Ki View Post
            Thank you Myles for this Audionirvana, what a great place to be!
            Glad to have you onboard!!!

Comment

I haven't been on a forum for a long time, I also love the way vbulletin has evolved. Well done on an amazing forum.

Comment

Working...
              X