The Site’s First Two Super Moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Site’s First Two Super Moderators

Members make the audio site, both in ways seen and not seen, appreciated and not appreciated. I am always surprised—yet at the same time pleasantly pleased—when audio manufacturers and audiophiles share with me at audio shows just how much they enjoy reading Audionirvana. From even many lurkers. How the forum is free of the trolling and flaming all too common on the internet. How much they enjoy reading about both the equipment and music. Audionirvana has grown by leaps and bounds in two short years baby!

Some members may (or may not) have noticed that neither Andre Jennings and Mark Pearson—Audionirvana’s first two members—weren’t nominated for any of this year’s awards. No, it wasn’t an oversight. No, it’s because I had bigger things in mind for the two of them. Andre and Mark have been ever since my leaving AVSF and founding Audionirvana my left and right arm guys. They’ve been my sounding board. They helped me Beta test the site. They’ve worked behind the scenes helping me improve the forum. The three of us have really enjoyed working together and built an even closer friendships as a result.

So in recognition of their going beyond the call of duty, I’m delighted to name Andre and Mark as the forum’s first two Super Moderators (and all the prizes, money and awards that come with the position! 😉)! Thank you guys and here’s to many more years of building the internet’s #1 audiophile hangout in the clouds!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

This is easily my fav audiophile forum on the web....highly informative, fun, pleasant and friendly. Well done to all 3 of you and keep up the great work and congrats to Andre and Mark.

Comment

Thanks guys! One great thing about our forum is that there really has been little to no need for mods to intervene. Myles runs a tight ship and he doesn't let trolls join AN just to generate controversy and keep the pot stirring. We are more like family here that gets along and tries to help each other.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Great team. Technical expertise, practical experience, no nonsense, and enough room for contrary views without snark. I guess I'll have to tone down my responses now.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Congrats Andre & Mark! I do hope you know what you've gotten yourself into though! Haha!

And congrats to Myles for creating a forum that places emphasis on positive interaction and that is inclusive to all, regardless their level of dedication. And many thanks to the existing membership base for adhering to the goals Myles set out to accomplish. I can honestly say AN is the only audio site I feel truly welcome participating in.
      Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

Excellent work on an excellent board!
        Analog: VPI Aries 3, custom suspension/Magnetically stabilized JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90/Modded & shielded Pass XP-25 Digital: Spectral 3000SL/Heavily modded Alpha DAC & Yggy2 Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-500AR Speakers: Heavily modded MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods)/Modded REL Cabling: Shielded MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strips, Magnum Z-Traps; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon

Comment

Thanks for all the congratulations everyone. It has been interesting participating and watching Audionirvana make steady progress in an inviting way for all.

Myles, Thanks for a friendly site and vision to support Enthusiasts, Writers, and Manufacturers equally.

Dre (Andre)
          Every day is a good day to play analog.
          - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
          - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
          Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

Working...
          X