Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking heads is a cool album.
    Looking for procalham
    speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
    mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
    digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
    Dacs lampi various

Comment

Ok Last one,

If you like Elvis Costello , you must get this : Wise up Ghost. I'm not sure how available it is but wow and he is backed up by the Roots of Jimmy Fallon fame. Great recording in a funk genre.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2535.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	121688
      Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
      Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
      Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
      Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
      Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
      Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

https://www.discogs.com/Procol-Harum...m/master/67328
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

• Joe Pittman
          Joe Pittman commented
          Editing a comment
          Never realized there were so many different pressings of this. Couldn't find my exact version on discogs.

The Rhino re-issues of Chicago's first two double LP albums (cat #R1 76171 and R1 76172).
        ----A friend and myself exchanged CDRs and notes about different pressings of these two albums and we ended up both agreeing that the Rhino reissues were the best.
        The Legacy reissue of Nilsson Schmilsson (cat #88985403611).
        ----Easily the best sound quality I have heard on this LP. This decision was based on a listening session with 4 audiophiles all agreeing on the Legacy reissue.
        Analogue Productions Bloodlines box set of Blood, Sweat and Tears four LPs (APP 085, APP 086, APP 087 & APP 088).
        ----These are all mastered from the original analog stereo master tapes at 45 RPM and pressed on 200 gram vinyl at QRP.
        ----The Bloodlines set is available at 33 and 45 RPM.
        MoFi's reissue of Dire Straits - Brother In Arms (MFSL 2-441)
        ----Mastered at 1/2 speed and at 45 RPM on heavy weight vinyl.
        MoFI's reissue of Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like A Wheel (MFSL 1-472)
        ----Mastered at 1/2 speed and at 33 rpm. Superb sound quality of a great LP.
        The Japanese Warner/Pioneer pressing of Queen's debut LP (P-10118E)
        ----Queen's early success was somewhat driven by their debut LP tour of Japan. Superb sound quality.
        MoFi's reissue of Queen-The Game (MFSL 1-211)
        ----Great album and stellar sound quality. Its a hard one not to love.
        ----Half speed mastered and pressed on 200 gram vinyl.
        Geffen Reissue of The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over (00602577189852)
        ----Excellent sound quality and very good quality pressing
        DCC reissue of Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin Simon (LPZ-2062)
        ----I love this LP and the sound quality is superb
        DCC reissue of Paul Simon - Paul Simon (LPZ-2060)
        ----The Paul Simon debut solo LP is a must have for any collection and this is a great pressing of that music.
        Pink Floyd Records compilation of The Best of Pink Floyd - A Foot In The Door (PFRLP21)
        ----All of the reissues and this LP from Pink Floyd Records have superb sound quality and are highly recommended.
        Pure Audiophile Ray Charles - Genius Loves Company (PA-009(2))
        ----Duets with Ray Charles pressing with great care on Audiophile vinyl...excellent.
        Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Waters
        ----Classic Records KCS 9914...very good sound quality on quality vinyl
        ----MoFI's UD1S 2-004...the single step pressing of this album. The very best of this title.
        ----NOTE: People will correctly point out that the first side of this LP is not as good as the 2nd side.
        ----The original copy of the stereo master tape for the first side was damaged/lost and was replaced by a backup copy.
        ----The backup copy is another generation copy down the line and misses some of the dynamics of the original.
        ----Nonetheless, the first side is still very good and the second side is stellar.
        Rickie Lee Jones - Rickie Lee Jones
        ----MoFi's original pressing MFSL 1-089...one of the best pressings of this superb album
        ----MoFi's 45RPM reissue MFSL 2-45010...really good mastering at 45rpm but the vinyl is not as quiet as the original pressing at 33rpm. Its a toss up between the two.
        Japanese Toshiba/EMI ressing of Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Uncle Charlie and His Dog Teddy (LP-80126).
        ----The US original pressing (LST-7642) had great sound quality but the above Japanese pressing has quieter vinyl and it makes a difference.
        Analogue Productions reissue of Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced (AAPP 363-45)
        ----I have no idea what was done during this mastering but it gets better sound than any prior pressing...45rpm on 200 gram vinyl.
        Analogue Productions reissue of Lynyrd Skynyrd - Second Helping (APP 413-45)
        ----Again, I have no idea what was done during this mastering but it gets better sound than any prior pressing...45rpm on 200 gram vinyl.
        The Warner/Pioneer pressing of Linda Ronstadt - Greatest Hits (P-10269Y)
        ----The original US pressing is OK but this one is the cleanest and best sound quality pressing of a great compilation.
        Classic Records Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin (SD 8216)
        ----Hard to find and expensive but the best.
        ----NOTE: All of the Classic Records reissues of the Led Zeppelin catalog are excellent but are hard to find and expensive.
        MoFi's Led Zeppelin II (MFSL 1-065)
        ----There is a lot of talk about certain pressings of this LP but this MoFI reissue is the cleanest pressing I have ever found.
        ----Half speed mastered and pressed on JVC Super Vinyl makes for an excellent quality pressing.
        Joni Mitchel - Court and Spark (Rhino R1 1001)
        ----An excellent reissue of a superb album.
        The Jimi Hendrix Experience catalog reissues by Experience Hendrix/Legacy
        ----Are You Experienced (88843059851)
        ----Electric Ladyland (88697623981)
        ----The reissues that I have tried have been superb with shockingly good sound quality. Outstanding and highly recommended.

There are lots more but I have run out of time,
        Ed
        Life is analog...digital is just samples thereof.
        https://www.edsstuff.org

Analog: VPI Prime, 3 Belt Drive, Dual Pivot, ADS, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Liberty B2B-1, Sky 30 Trans, Stereo Squares Dust Cover
        Amp: Rogue RP-9 + Schiit Loki + Parasound A21
        Speakers: Magnepan MMC2 + DW-M + REL T9/i
        Digital: TASCAM UH-7000, Pioneer DV-47Ai, NAD C446, Schiit Modi Multibit
        Headphones: Stax Lambda Pro, Focal Clear, Schiit Lyr 2
        Wires: Kimber Hero + 8TC + AQ Leopard

Comment

Wow here goes 3 grand more lol. Love the pics
          Dacs lampi various

Comment

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Tchaikovs...nfo/APLPR2323/

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Ernest-An...o/APLP6065-45/

two more that aill will rock your world.
            TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Transfiguration Proteus Cart; Arcam R Phono Preamp; Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer; VTL 6.5 preamp, Pass Labs 150.8 Amp; Piega C711 Loudspeakers; Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls; Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite Level 2X AC Cords, Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables; Schiitt Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

Working...
            X