ID:	50868Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	50869Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	50870 Does anyone have this very limited reissue released in 1979 ? Limited to only 1000 sets. I am curious about the sound quality of the disks...and is it worth it to pursue ?
    Christian
    System Tour
    System Gear

Wow! Nice find! Never even heard of it.
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-T...elease/5516609
      Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	50875 two of the disks are picture disks...
        Christian
        System Tour
        System Gear

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
          Johnny Vinyl commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. I saw that in the description. It certainly makes that set unique.

• rockitman
          rockitman commented
          Editing a comment
          as far as reissues go, compared to today, the master tapes were still quite fresh in 1978 when they were making this box.

I lived in Maine in 1979 and my best friend bought the box set as soon as it was released. Unfortunately, neither his system or my system is anywhere close to where they are today so I would hate to tell you to pursue this set unless I could hear it again. It has the cool factor though.
        SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek, SME 312S arm, Dyna XV-1S cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, and NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

On the Discogs link at the very bottom there is a claim that it is not even real, the actual year of release was 1976!!!

Comment

I almost bought that set at the House of Guitars around 1980 or so, They wanted about $100 for it but since I had all the LPs as originals, I opted out.
            Steve Lefkowicz
            Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
            --------------------------------------------------------
            http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Comment

Dammit...someone bought the box I wanted...should of pulled the trigger earlier before this post.
              Christian
              System Tour
              System Gear

Comment

I had that box set back in the day and someone stole it during a party I threw.

Comment

• mep
                  mep commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What are friends for?

I have a Geman boxset which is really good. At least that one has The Wall.
                https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-T...elease/2408248
                Magico M-Project, CAT JL7s, preamp?, Kronos Pro Limited Edition/Black Beauty/Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95, Roon->dCS Vivaldi, KS Elation ICs & SCs, Shunyata PC's

Comment

anybody know what the 11 albums titles are?
                  Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Teac A3300SX R2R, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

• JCOConnell
                    JCOConnell commented
                    Editing a comment
                    nevermind, I got it thru the discogs link
                Working...
                X