Sneak Peak From New Vanessa Fernandez Album

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak Peak From New Vanessa Fernandez Album

https://timpierceguitar.com/guitar-academy-info/ https://timpierceguitar.com/vanessa-fernandez/ IG @timpierceguitar Vanessa’s socials: http://instagram.com/s...
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Does Vanessa write any of her own songs or does she just do covers?

Comment

Wutti of Audio Excellence showed a clip of rtr playing Venessa’s soon to be released album. The song was a cover of Michael Jackson’s Billy Jean. This is one album I can’t miss.

Comment

I swear I heard this exact tune today riding up an elevator if you want a hear a kickass cover of billie jean track down Chris Cornell's unplugged version he did for Swedish radio (RIP CC) I will say, the session musicians on this VH record are top notch.
        How Do You Beat Audiophile Nervosa?

Step Number 1: Upgrade your music collection first. If you do it correctly that should keep you busy in perpetuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Metamatic View Post
          Does Vanessa write any of her own songs or does she just do covers?
          Interesting question. Not sure how long really well known singer/songwriters have been around. I hazard a guess that most singers (or other musicians) did covers of other composers (even in classical music today - we don't ask whether Pavarotti or Heifetz wrote their own material). When I was growing up, I don't think the great singers of the day - like Sinatra, wrote their own songs. Clearly that changed in the '60's with Lennon and McCartney and Brian Wilson. Carol King, Bob Dylan, and Joni Mitchell all began as composers, and each took a little while to become performers, some faster than others. Then there were some like Joan Baez who migrated from just singing covers to starting to write some of her own material.

If we go way back, many (most) of the great composers also performed much of their own music - like Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven (until he was too deaf to play). In those days, the audiences wanted to hear new music - not a concert of recycled oldies. So there was a demand for compositions. Not like today, where many artists who gained fame 50+ years ago are touring again, playing the same songs they played back then, whether they were covers or not.

Larry
          Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
          Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
          Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiGG, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
          Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
          Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
          Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
          Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Originally posted by astrotoy View Post

Interesting question. Not sure how long really well known singer/songwriters have been around. I hazard a guess that most singers (or other musicians) did covers of other composers (even in classical music today - we don't ask whether Pavarotti or Heifetz wrote their own material). When I was growing up, I don't think the great singers of the day - like Sinatra, wrote their own songs. Clearly that changed in the '60's with Lennon and McCartney and Brian Wilson. Carol King, Bob Dylan, and Joni Mitchell all began as composers, and each took a little while to become performers, some faster than others. Then there were some like Joan Baez who migrated from just singing covers to starting to write some of her own material.

If we go way back, many (most) of the great composers also performed much of their own music - like Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven (until he was too deaf to play). In those days, the audiences wanted to hear new music - not a concert of recycled oldies. So there was a demand for compositions. Not like today, where many artists who gained fame 50+ years ago are touring again, playing the same songs they played back then, whether they were covers or not.

Larry
            Yes, since the 60's people actually writing and performing their own songs became the normal and thank god for that - so much more interesting, even when they can't sing. These people have real talent and some are still writing and performing today - bravo.

in 2018 I see no real difference between Vanessa and other singers that cannot write songs performing in American Idol and alike. There are many thousands of excellent singers that could do this type of stuff. Certainly not something I would buy and frankly I find it hard to understand the interest. YMMV

Comment

• Tango
              Tango commented
              Editing a comment
              Because these are foot tapping good songs in acoustic version and good Recording.

• Metamatic
              Metamatic commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Tang. Great to hear you enjoying it. There is so much original music out there thou

The song and performance on that video is soooo good. Hope other songs will be on the same quality level. I bought her previous LP because of one song and will buy the next one because of this song.
            Source: Kuzma XL DC, Kuzma 4Point 14 inch, Benz Micro LP-S MR; Phono: Zanden 1200 Mk3; Tuner: Magnum Dynalab MD-108T Signature; Line Stage: Zanden 3000 Mk2; Power amp: conrad-johnson ART; Speakers: Avalon ; Grounding: Tripoint; Cable system: Cardas Clear & Clear Beyond; Stands: Finite Elemente Master Reference & Master Reference Heavy Duty; Acoustics treatment: Svanå Miljöteknik AB (SMT);

Comment

Thankfully she’s not destroying Led Zeppelin again. That album was a trainwreck.
              PROGRESSIVE SOUNDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
              www.lasercd.com
              www.lasersedgegroup.com

Rockport Aquila, Boulder 2010, Boulder 2008, Boulder 2060, Transparent Audio Reference XL, Nordost Quantum QBase8, TW Acustic AC Anniversary, TW Acustic Raven 10.5 arm, Lyra Atlas, Bricasti M1 Special Edition, SRA Scuttle3 rack + various SRA/Symposium stands

Comment

Originally posted by lasercd View Post
                Thankfully she’s not destroying Led Zeppelin again. That album was a trainwreck.
                +1000 seems that a lot of audiophiles loved it thou?

Comment

• lasercd
                  lasercd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not the ones I know. Sadly, the male oriented audiophile community is more interested in tits over talent, sound over substance.

• Madfloyd
                  Madfloyd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love it.

The first album was pretty underwhelming. I just didn't understand how the reviewers could gush all enthusiastic over it, even scoring an album of the month rating. The two songs posted aren't any more electrifying so another "ehhhh".

Not that I have a lot against covers, it's just that covers usually lack any oomph, zip, crunch, or whatever appellation indicates emotional emptiness. That also applies to the innumerable covers of the GAS. There are good covers, Hendrix covering "All Along the Watchtower", Holly Cloe covering "Come Fly With Me" and others of that vein.

Finally, just because a recording is "audiophile sound quality" does not mean the performance is any more flavorful than plain grits. Grits does have a use though, makes decent spackle.
                Last edited by Rust; 07-01-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• astrotoy
                  astrotoy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Eva Cassidy's cover of Sting's "Fields of Gold."
              Working...
              X