An odd LP buying experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An odd LP buying experience

After hearing it at a friend's house I decided to take the plunge and pick up the Analogue Productions 45 reissue of SRV "Couldn't Stand The Weather". I found a dealer on Discogs called "veteranrocker" who was selling all kinds of audiophile releases. The price matched Acoustic Sounds and the rest of the standard audiophile vendors so I figured I'd give the little guy a shot.

I paid and then received tracking from Robert Fox in Salinas, KS. Obviously the home of Acoustic Sounds. The parcel arrived extremely well packed in an Acoustic Sounds record mailer. There was an invoice included that indicated that the album was sold to CD Wonderland in Coral Springs, Florida but shipped to me in NJ. Weird enough. I Googled up CD Wonderland in Florida and it brought up a landscaping service run by a Robert Fox.

Nothing bad happened. It was just odd. I'm assuming that for whatever reason Acoustic Sounds is selling on Discogs under a screen name and has some *ahem* interesting accounting system in place. No clue who Robert Fox is.
    PROGRESSIVE SOUNDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
    www.lasercd.com
    www.lasersedgegroup.com

Rockport Aquila, Boulder 2010, Boulder 2008, Boulder 2060, Transparent Audio Reference XL, Nordost Quantum QBase8, TW Acustic AC Anniversary, TW Acustic Raven 10.5 arm, Lyra Atlas, Bricasti M1 Special Edition, SRA Scuttle3 rack + various SRA/Symposium stands

sounds like a bird dog he points at the customer acoustic sounds pulls the trigger bird dog gets a treat.

Comment

Acoustic Sounds sells on discogs so I am not sure why they would also be selling under a different name.
      Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Zero, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Comment

Now that we are on the subject, an audio hardware mfg I am certain also sells at extremely competitive prices out of his own house back door under a pseudonym but with a town name on the return address the same as his business address. I have a friend who bought something “used” on line a couple of years ago and the coincidence couldn’t be ignored. The item when delivered looked new in reality.
        TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Hana ML Cartridge, Arcam R Phono Preamp; Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer; VTL 6.5 preamp, Pass Labs 150.8 Amp; Piega C711 Loudspeakers; Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls; Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; Synergistic Research Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 power cord, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates & Blue Outlets, Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables; Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

Working...
        X