Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jethro Tull Aqualung In October 2020

Dear Analogue Productions Series Subscriber:

Thanks again for your business and loyalty for choosing Analogue Productions and Acoustic Sounds to supply you with treasured titles to grow your album collection. We have a reward for your continued business as we announce the next title in our premium Ultra High Quality Record (UHQR) series, Jethro Tull’s Aqualung!
    We'd like to offer Series Subscribers — among our most valued customers — the chance to secure the best-available serial-numbered edition of Aqualung. Please note, however, that we will not be able to issue you a specific serial number the way that we do with our series subscriptions.

This will be a definitive, handmade, limited-run reissue and is part of the continuing effort of Analogue Productions to reintroduce the revered UHQR originally introduced by JVC Japan in the 1980s.

This UHQR is remastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering from the original analog master tapes. Each UHQR will be pressed at Acoustic Sounds' industry-leading pressing plant, Quality Record Pressings (QRP), using a specially-formulated, proprietary Clarity Vinyl on a manual Finebilt press with attention paid to every single detail of every single record. The 200-gram records will feature the same flat profile that helped to make the original UHQR so desirable. From the lead-in groove to the run-out groove, there is no pitch to the profile, allowing the customer's stylus to play truly perpendicular to the grooves from edge to center. Clarity Vinyl allows for the purest possible pressing and the most visually stunning presentation. Every UHQR will be hand inspected upon pressing completion, and only the truly flawless will be allowed to go to market. Each UHQR will be packaged in a deluxe box and will include a booklet detailing the entire process of making a UHQR along with a hand-signed certificate of inspection. This will be a truly deluxe, collectible product.
    Originally released in March 1971, Aqualung has sold more than 7 million copies worldwide, achieving Top Ten chart status in both the U.K. and U.S.. Aqualung's success signaled a turning point in the band’s career, making Jethro Tull a major radio and touring act. Recorded at Island Records' studio in London, it was their first album with John Evan as a full-time member, their first with new bassist Jeffrey Hammond, and last album featuring Clive Bunker on drums.
    Preorders for subscribers begin immediately. We plan to ship the title starting October 16.

The release will be limited to 5,000 copies. The deluxe boxes will be gold foil numbered. Each copy will retail for $125. These conditions also apply:

● The limit on purchases is two per customer per address. Subscribers who desire a second copy may only request one preferred serial number edition.

● Subscribers must have their orders created before the release date in order to be allocated a preferred low serial number

As a Series Subscriber, we invite you to secure a preferred serial number for these first UHQR titles. We cannot guarantee you which number you'll receive nor will we be able to tell you your specific number when you place your preorder. Unfortunately, there are a number of logistical factors that make this impossible. What we can tell you is that you'll be on our preferred list to be assigned one of our best serial numbers available. In order to take advantage of this offer, you must contact our Customer Service department by calling 800-716-3553 or by emailing [email protected]. If you place your order online or call but do not identify yourself as a Series Subscriber, you will not be on the list for a preferred serial number.

Thank you again for your ongoing business. We hope that you are enjoying your records from Analogue Productions and that you'll also enjoy these very special UHQR editions of Jethro Tull’s Aqualung.

All the best,

Purchased a Subscription from Acoustic Sounds

Where to find us:

Acoustic Sounds, Inc.605 W North St
    Salina, KS 67401-2064

Add us to your address book

Changed your mind? You can unsubscribe at any time.

Acoustic Sounds, Inc. © All rights reserved 2020

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Thanks Myles...I got my email at 7:54 last night. Of course I ordered it. This will have to be compared to the Classic Records Red Box 45RPM reissue. It should be interesting.

Ed
    Life is analog...digital is just samples thereof
    https://www.edsstuff.org

Analog: Walnut VPI Prime TT, HRX Pulley + 3 Belt Drive + ADS, Dual Pivot Assy, Tru Lift, HW-40 Feet
    Analog 2: Ortofon Windfeld Ti + Bob's Devices VPI Sky 30 Stepup + Liberty Audio B2B-1, Stereo Squares Dust Cover, Wayne's Audio Peripheral Ring
    Analog Care: VPI MW-1, Kirmuss KA-RC-1, Record Doctor V, Hunt EDA VI Brush, AQ Brush, Discwasher Record Care Kit
    Digital: TASCAM UH-7000 USB Interface, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai Universal Disc Player, NAD C448 Internet Radio/Streamer
    Digital 2: Digital Audio Workstation (Toshiba P75-A7200 w/MS Windows 10, 24GB RAM, 1.5 TB Crucial MX300 SSD Internal Storage, Intel i7-4700MQ Processor)

Amp: Rogue RP-9 Line Preamp, Schiit Loki Tone Ctrls, Parasound A21 Power Amp
    Speakers: Magnepan MMC2, REL T9/i Subwoofer
    Headphones: Stax SR L700 MkII + Woo Audio GES, Focal Clear + Schiit Lyr 2, Stax Lambda Pro + SRM1 Mk II
    Wires: Kimber Hero ICs, Kimber 8TC Speaker Cables, AQ Leopard Phono IC, Pangea Silver USB Cables, StraightWire Expressivo ICs
    Power: Furman Elite 15 PFi

Comment

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      I said the same thing!

• Joe Pittman
      Joe Pittman commented
      Editing a comment
      The Classic Records box goes for over $300 on discogs at the moment, so $125 for the UHQR is a bargain?

• EdAInWestOC
      EdAInWestOC commented
      Editing a comment
      It remains to be seen. The Red Box was mastered from Ian Anderson's copy of Aqualung's master tape. It depends on where the master tape came from and what kind of processing has been done. If the UHQR has processing similar to the 2011 S Wilson reissue of Aqualung then we may be in for a treat. That could be impossible because I believe that the Wilson reissue magic was done in the digital domain. I have many copies of Aqualung and I hope the UHQR is a real gem!

Who has this and played it? I just received mine SN 361 my system is down for a bit on renovation... any comments welcome.

Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
    Brinkmann Balance & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
    Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
    Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
    Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
    Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

• Dre_J
      Dre_J commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/m...744#post144744

• kcin
      kcin commented
      Editing a comment
      Saw that Andre, thank you. Looking for any further expansion for thoughts on this album for those that have take the time. I will post my thoughts once I am up and running again.

• Dre_J
      Dre_J commented
      Editing a comment
      OK Nick. Hopefully, someone will chime in with more comments.

My feeling is that it’s the best this album will ever sound. The pressing was one of the best I’ve heard - totally silent running. The more acoustic bits sound absolutely stunning - acoustic guitars are very natural, and Ian’s voice and flute sound fabulous on those tracks. Heavier electric songs like Hymn 43 sound merely very good. It isn’t the first album I would grab to show off my system...unless to a Tull fan 🤪 But as such a fan, very glad to have it.
    TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
    VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Hana ML/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH
    DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, Marantz NA6006/Pioneer N-50, Schiit Bifrost
    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9, Velodyne FSR-15
    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

Originally posted by Skylab View Post
      My feeling is that it’s the best this album will ever sound. The pressing was one of the best I’ve heard - totally silent running. The more acoustic bits sound absolutely stunning - acoustic guitars are very natural, and Ian’s voice and flute sound fabulous on those tracks. Heavier electric songs like Hymn 43 sound merely very good. It isn’t the first album I would grab to show off my system...unless to a Tull fan 🤪 But as such a fan, very glad to have it.
      Great comments thank you!
      Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
      Brinkmann Balance & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
      Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
      Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
      Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
      Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

Originally posted by Skylab View Post
        I have this as well and completely agree with Rob's comments. They did a great job with this release.
        Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Zero; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Pacific

Comment

I still haven't received my copy, starting to get worried. Anyone else?
          Magico M-Project, CAT JL7SE, CH Precision L1/X1/P1, Kronos Pro Limited Edition/SME 3012R/Atlas SL/Opus-1, Schiit Yggdrasil, ZenWave D4 ICs & SCs

Comment

Working...
          X