Taking orders for new UD1S releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking orders for new UD1S releases

I just got off the phone with Music Direct and they are taking orders for two additional UD1S releases.

Mingus - Ah Um and Yes - Fragile are the latest UD1S releases I know about.
    Life is analog...digital is just samples thereof
    https://www.edsstuff.org

Analog: Walnut VPI Prime TT, HRX Pulley + 3 Belt Drive + ADS Speed Ctrl, 3D Dual Pivot Assy, Tru Lift, HW-40 Feet
    Analog 2: Ortofon Windfeld Ti + Bob's Devices VPI Sky 30 Stepup + Liberty Audio B2B-1 Phono Preamp, Stereo Squares Dust Cover, Wayne's Audio Peripheral Ring
    Analog Care: VPI MW-1, Kirmuss KA-RC-1, Record Doctor V, Hunt EDA VI Brush, AQ Brush, Discwasher Record Care Kit
    Digital: TASCAM UH-7000 USB Interface, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai Universal Disc Player, NAD C448 Internet Radio/Streamer
    Digital 2: Digital Audio Workstation (Toshiba P75-A7200 w/MS Windows 10, 24GB RAM, 1.5 TB Crucial MX300 SSD Internal Storage, Intel i7-4700MQ Processor)

Amp: Rogue RP-9 Line Preamp, Schiit Loki Tone Ctrls, Parasound A21 Power Amp
    Speakers: Magnepan MMC2, REL T9/i Subwoofer
    Headphones: Stax Lambda Pro + SRM 1 MK II, Focal Clear + Schiit Lyr 2
    Wires: Kimber Hero ICs, Kimber 8TC Speaker Cables, AQ Leopard Phono IC, Pangea Silver USB Cables, StraightWire Expressivo ICs
    Power: Furman Elite 15 PFi

Nice!

Did they give you a ETA? I heard they are at the mercy of RTI on release times and dates?

I seen they already moved back the MG release to 2019

Comment

• EdAInWestOC
      EdAInWestOC commented
      Editing a comment
      No ETA...sorry.

How are you pre-ordering the Mingus and Yes? They aren’t listed on the MD site. Did you order by phone?
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you have to order by phone.

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      👍

Now taking preorders. Dylan Blood on the Tracks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxf2QqHA...d=xewvkvt1oogy

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

So did the whole Yes - Fragile UD1S thing turn out to be a mirage? Seems like at best it got skipped...

‘’the Dylan can be pre-ordered from MusicDirect here: https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/Bo...l-2LP-Box-Set)
      TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
      VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH
      DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, Marantz NA6006/Pioneer N-50, Schiit Bifrost
      SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9, Velodyne FSR-15
      AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

• EdAInWestOC
        EdAInWestOC commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe I have it on order. I called MD and ordered it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1564705201583.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	120408

PRE-ORDER NOW! Thelonious Monk - 'Monk's Dream' Ultradisc One-Step Edition

We are so excited to announce that our next UD1S release will be the incredible 'Monk's Dream'!

Strictly limited to 6,000 numbered copies, pressed on MoFi SuperVinyl at RTI, and mastered from the original master tapes, Mobile Fidelity's ultra-hi-fi UltraDisc One-Step 180g 45RPM 2LP collector's edition pays tribute to the 1963 album's merit and enhances the music for generations to come.

Pre-order your copy now at https://www.mofi.com/product-p/mfsl45ud1s-011.htm

(For the curious among you, 'Blood On The Tracks' will begin shipping next week)

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Name:	8C766751-06F3-4D05-AE8E-7D4435E24800.jpeg
Views:	389
Size:	753.6 KB
ID:	123876 FINALLY!!!! Yes - Fragile preorders up...

https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/Ye...m-Vinyl-2LP%29

TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
        VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH

Comment

• Skylab
          Skylab commented
          Editing a comment
          Not online. Maybe over the phone?

• EdAInWestOC
          EdAInWestOC commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes...over the phone. That is how you get the lowest SN copies and make sure you actually get your copies of this release.

• dminches
          dminches commented
          Editing a comment
          I just ordered too. Given that they charged my credit card I am definitely assuming I will get a copy. I don't care about the low SN.

Originally posted by Skylab View Post
        Click image for larger version  Name:	8C766751-06F3-4D05-AE8E-7D4435E24800.jpeg Views:	46 Size:	753.6 KB ID:	123876 FINALLY!!!! Yes - Fragile preorders up...

https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/Ye...m-Vinyl-2LP%29
        Ed, good catch. Its nice we have so many eyeballs at AN reporting on pre-orders and whatnot. I placed my (pre)order yesterday, I was temped to take two copies...I already have the Analog Productions 200g fragile which is pretty fine. I feel lucky to have seen the original lineup in concert before Rick Wakeman spilt. I once brushed shoulders with Chris Squire and his lady friend at LAX waiting to board a flight.

A great challenge of life: Knowing enough to think you are right, but not knowing enough to know when when you are wrong - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

• Skylab
          Skylab commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! I saw Yes on the 90125 tour in 1984 - I was already a fan, but man did they bring it live. One of my very favorite bands. I’m a HUGE Chris Squire fan.

• Rob
          Rob commented
          Editing a comment
          I caught that tour too, more like the Trevor Rabin band featuring Yes. They became mainstream and depends who you ask, lost a lot of their prog roots. I don't think they were more popular before or since the 90125 album.
          Last edited by Rob; 09-21-2019, 03:04 PM.

• lasercd
          lasercd commented
          Editing a comment
          That was Yes in name only.

Spent most of what little money I had in middle and high school in the 70's and early 80's on Yes concerts (probably 15+). Of course, LP's were $3.99 and $4.99 at EJ Korvette's and concert tickets were less than $20 per show. We'd often do multiple shows on the same tour

Comment

I got my shipping notice for the UD1S of Yes Fragile 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

Comment

• dminches
            dminches commented
            Editing a comment
            I got mine this morning and just cleaned it. I will definitely be giving it a spin today.

• dminches
            dminches commented
            Editing a comment
            I have listened to 2 sides. You will not be disappointed. Wonderful sound. The vocals are clear. Squire’s bass is deep and punchy. Great space around the instruments. Full 3D presentation.

• EdAInWestOC
            EdAInWestOC commented
            Editing a comment
            My copies just showed up. They were supposed to arrive yesterday but that was Sunday and I had my doubts about that. I look forward to spinning it over the holidays...along with some Christmas music.

I believe it was last year or maybe two years now (time goes by too quickly) I bought the Analogue Productions pressing of The Wonderful Sounds of Christmas. Highly recommended.

Originally posted by Skylab View Post
          I got my shipping notice for the UD1S of Yes Fragile 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
          Hi, who sent you notice? I ordered this 3/4 months ago from MoFi direct and have not seen any information.
          Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
          Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
          Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
          Speakers: Wilson Alexias
          Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
          Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 Amp Breakers on grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF receptacle packages | Surge Guard at Main Panel | Keces P3 & P8 | ADD POWR series
          Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Comment

• Skylab
            Skylab commented
            Editing a comment
            The shipping notice was sent to me by Music Direct, because I ordered it from them.

Originally posted by UltraFast69 View Post

Hi, who sent you notice? I ordered this 3/4 months ago from MoFi direct and have not seen any information.
          I assume most of us here have been purchasing the 1-Step's from Music Direct, which owns MoFi... I don't think that MoFi fulfills their own orders. In any event, I always thought that Music Direct gets the priority.

Meanwhile, it appears that the 1-Steps are produced in batches in a series wave form based on the process of approximately 500 units per lacquer/stamper and pressed by RTI. After I contacted Music Direct about my preorder, the sales guy I talked to said they only received and shipped the first batch and next batch is a few weeks away. I suspect all channels are jammed due to the Christmas rush. Bad timing for us.

Also, I am hearing about increasing QC issues from current RTI production. Looks like the frequency of defects is increasing. I'm sure it is not helping that we demand faster production...

Comment

• Rob
            Rob commented
            Editing a comment
            every 1-step Ive ordered from MD has been a low serial number, not that I care that much but me thinks whoever handles fulfillment for MD is giving MD's customers priority.

https://twitter.com/skylabtapes/stat...720980992?s=21

Comment

New announcement - and one of my favorite jazz albums of all time!

https://www.mofi.com/product-p/mfsl45ud1s-010.htm

Name:	726A60EE-B2A0-46AB-9D51-B0C186704936.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	130805

Comment

Anyone know whether this Ah-Um release is the same as the original vinyl release or has the extra 11 minutes which were cut out of the original vinyl (from 6 of the nine pieces) to fit onto the LP. The actual version (released first in 1979) is about 58 minutes long, compared to the 47 minutes on the original LP. For example, Bird Calls is 3 minutes + on the original LP and about twice as long on the actual version. I only know this because my safety master of the album done in the '80s has the longer actual version (on two reels - just about one hour including the test tones.)

Larry
            Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
            Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
            Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
            Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
            Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
            Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
            Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.3KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

• adeep42
              adeep42 commented
              Editing a comment
              Original release of Mingus Ah-Um was 1959.

• astrotoy
              astrotoy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, 1959 for the original vinyl. The release of the actual full 58 minute version was 1979. I have an original 6-eye Columbia pressing. My safety master dates from 1989. See the wiki article on Ah-Um for all the details. Larry
          Working...
          X