Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI...If you are interested, Music Direct is taking orders for the latest UD1S release, Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream. Call them to reserve your copy.

Ed
    Life is analog...digital is just samples thereof.
    https://www.edsstuff.org

Analog: VPI Prime, 3 Belt Drive, Dual Pivot, ADS, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Liberty B2B-1, Sky 30 Trans, Stereo Squares Dust Cover
    Amp: Rogue RP-9 + Schiit Loki + Parasound A21
    Speakers: Magnepan MMC2 + DW-M + REL T5/i
    Digital: TASCAM UH-7000, Pioneer DV-47Ai, NAD C446, Schiit Modi Multibit
    Headphones: Stax Lambda Pro, Focal Clear, Schiit Lyr 2
    Wires: Kimber Hero + 8TC + AQ Leopard

Comment

Anybody received the Bill Evans Trio - Portrait in Jazz yet???
      I've think that it's just been released.
      SME 10, twin arms, SME IV with Lyra Kleos, SME 309 with Benz Micro Ace Mono.
      Garrard 401 with Ortofon 12" arm and Ortofon SPU Classic GM MkII
      Amp, Luxman 507u
      Speakers, Harbeth SHL5Plus

Comment

• Marcus
        Marcus commented
        Editing a comment
        My copy was sent today.

• kensell21
        kensell21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks I’ll grab one ASAP.

I bought one disk, but that's it for me from this series. IMO, there are other companies putting out just as good, if not better pressings for a much more reasonable cost. Just my experience.

Comment

Musically (can't speak for the audio or pressing quality of the new MoFI release) Portrait in Jazz is as good as it gets. A musical milestone. It has been somewhat ignored due to the popularity of Live at the Village Vanguard. But Portrait is the height of the trio's collective work and the improvisation by both Evans and LaFaro has never been surpassed. Listen to Autumn Leaves or What Is This Things Called Love and you'll never hear Evans improvise better. Stunning music and one of the first times a trio played as an equal unit rather than the bass and drums just being backup. An expert apprenticed me in jazz in 1963 and this was one of the key albums he made me listen to some 10 times over and over. I bought this MoFI version despite the expense and my lack of vinyl know-how. I hope to hear it soon. Update. Received my MoFI copy of Portrait today and both disks are nearly perfectly flat. I love the music. Can't comment on sound quality against other sources as don't know. But sounds like a high quality studio recording.
        JLH

Comment

Mine gets here Saturday
          SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp, Soundsmith Paua mkII, Benz LPS-mr, Benz Ebony H
          DIGITAL - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/transport, Auralic Vega G2 DAC. Bluesound Node 2i
          PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPS G2 power supply. Lehmann Audio Decade. MoFi Studiophono
          PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
          AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
          SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)
          CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK room treatment

Comment

How did you order? Nothing on the musicdirect site.
          Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
          Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
          -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
          -Ensemble Fuoco hybrid integrated amplifier
          -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
          -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
          -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• EdAInWestOC
            EdAInWestOC commented
            Editing a comment
            Myles,
            MusicDirect does not advertise the UD1S releases. You have to call them and ask the sales person to order it. I call MusicDirect every month and ask about what is available or about to be available. I have not been able to find a better way yet.

Also...the UD1S orders do not show up under you account in the MusicDirect website. The UD1S orders are maintained in a different list that is off line.

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
          How did you order? Nothing on the musicdirect site.
          MoFi has it on their site.
          Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Zero, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Comment

• MylesBAstor
            MylesBAstor commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes but says unavailable and no way to order.

• dminches
            dminches commented
            Editing a comment
            Portrait in Jazz? I ordered it yesterday. Weird.

Seems bizarrely difficult to pre-order these. Once available they do end up on the music direct site:

https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/St...l-2LP-Box-Set)

interesting that one hasn’t sold out even after being available for a while...
          TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
          VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
          DIGITAL: Oppo BDP-95, MacMini > Oppo Sonica/Pioneer N-50
          SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
          AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

• Rob
            Rob commented
            Editing a comment
            they ran 7,000 copies. i think thats three times the Abraxas run

Originally posted by kensell21 View Post
          Anybody received the Bill Evans Trio - Portrait in Jazz yet???
          I've think that it's just been released.
          Some info from MD.

"The full run has been pressed, but there are still batches being packaged. All copies should arrive by the end of the month."
          Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
          Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
          -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
          -Ensemble Fuoco hybrid integrated amplifier
          -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
          -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
          -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

So just checking which is the better place to order from being from overseas. Mofi’s web page or Music Direct?
            SME 10, twin arms, SME IV with Lyra Kleos, SME 309 with Benz Micro Ace Mono.
            Garrard 401 with Ortofon 12" arm and Ortofon SPU Classic GM MkII
            Amp, Luxman 507u
            Speakers, Harbeth SHL5Plus

Comment

Working...
            X