ORG reissues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORG reissues

Hi, how are the ORG 45s? Are they supposed to be better than the Speakers Corner 33 for the same performance, or the Speakers Corner 45 (in case one exists)?

I have not done an A/B against Speakers Corner versions but in general I think ORG 45s are superb. Dave Brubeck, Weather Report, Freddie Hubbard, BS & T, etc.
    PROGRESSIVE SOUNDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
    www.lasercd.com
    www.lasersedgegroup.com

Rockport Aquila, Boulder 2010, Boulder 2008, Boulder 2060, Transparent Audio Reference XL, Nordost Quantum QBase8, TW Acustic AC Anniversary, TW Acustic Raven 10.5 arm, Lyra Atlas, Bricasti M1 Special Edition, SRA Scuttle3 rack + various SRA/Symposium stands

Comment

Thanks, do you have any idea on the classical ones?

Comment

The ORG 45rpm BS&T s/t is one of the best pieces of vinyl in my collection. But I can't say that I can recall being disappointed by any Speakers Corner or ORG releases. In fact the Speakers Corner "Elvis Is Back" is another one of the best pieces of vinyl I own. I don't have any or know of any 45rpm Speakers Corner.
        Speakers: Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III on Stillpoints Ultra 5S feet
        Speakers: REL Acoustics G1 Mark II Subs (pair)
        Amplifier: Silver Circle Audio 300B Monoblocks with Takatsuki 300B tubes
        Preamp: TW Acustic RPA-100 Line Stage
        Phono Stage: TW Acustic RPS-100
        Turntable - TW Acustic Raven AC w/ Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades
        Tonearm: Kuzma 4-Point 14" with Air Tight Opus-1 Cartridge
        Tonearm: TW 10.5" with Miyajima Zero Mono
        Vinyl Care: Audio Desk Pro Ultrasonic & VPI 16.5 RCM
        CD/SACD: Playback Designs MP-5 to Bricasti M1 DAC
        Tape: Tascam 42B-NB (Refurb by Soren Wittrup)
        Tape Stage: Doshi V.3
        Power Conditioner: (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6
        Wire: Custom Furutech PC's & IC's + Inakustik LS-4004 Air Speaker Cables
        Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra 5S's & SS's sprinkled about - SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

I don't. If I recall a lot of the longer pieces are split among sides due to the length restrictions of cutting at 45.
          PROGRESSIVE SOUNDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
          www.lasercd.com
          www.lasersedgegroup.com

Rockport Aquila, Boulder 2010, Boulder 2008, Boulder 2060, Transparent Audio Reference XL, Nordost Quantum QBase8, TW Acustic AC Anniversary, TW Acustic Raven 10.5 arm, Lyra Atlas, Bricasti M1 Special Edition, SRA Scuttle3 rack + various SRA/Symposium stands

Comment

Both are top flight companies- I can't think of any 45 rpm records from Speakers Corner. They use Pallas as far as i know, which I think produces a higher quality product than RTI, but maybe i'm prejudiced. A good RTI is fine, i've just had stitching and no-fill issues over the years, including with the late lamented Classic Records copies.

Comment

Originally posted by bonzo75 View Post
              Thanks, do you have any idea on the classical ones?
              several ORGs, assume you mean Original Recordings Group.
              They're good. Quiet, dynamic.

I have these 45rpm
              ORG 102 Falla Three Cornered Hat
              ORG 104 Espana Agenta w/ LSO
              ORG 118 Prokofiev, Dorati w/ LSO Love for Three Oranges, Scythian Suite
              ORG 122 Holst Planets Mehta LAPO
              ORG 133 Blood Sweat & Tears

with

ORG 163 Stravinsky Firebird Suite, Dorati LSO (my favorite Mercury)
              ORG 173 Ravel & Ibert, Paray DSO

on pre-order.

All of these are limited runs of 2500 (I think). Some in first group OOP but can still be had.

Looking for a particular issuance or general?

Comment

• bonzo75
                bonzo75 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi, where I saw the same titles on SC or Classic 45 I was wondering which to buy, and if ORG 45 was good it was worth buying over SC 33. I guess the responses here suggest it is as good at least. I will get Falla and Espana from ORG as they are 45s too. The Scythian Suite is in Classic 45 too, and seems to have a good rep there so not sure which one to get

• #7.1

bonzo75 commented
                03-28-2018, 12:18 AM Hi, where I saw the same titles on SC or Classic 45 I was wondering which to buy, and if ORG 45 was good it was worth buying over SC 33. I guess the responses here suggest it is as good at least. I will get Falla and Espana from ORG as they are 45s too. The Scythian Suite is in Classic 45 too, and seems to have a good rep there so not sure which one to get
              Hi - yeah that's a good question. I don't have any of those titles on Classic 45 so no direct compare. Noise for any LP can vary depending on pressing; in general ORG is a bit quieter than hte Classic 45s I have, but that could be luck of the draw. Speakers Corner are very good for the most part - I don't hesitate to buy whatever they issue. Yes, ORG is at least as good as standard 33 Classic or SC. ORG tends to be a bit quieter and has benefits of a 45. In the case of the one where I have a direct compare, I will take the ORG Planets over the SC.

I think there is a difference with a modest edge to ORG. Not sure if that difference is dramatic enough to trade 5 SC for 3 ORG. I have not bought an ORG then gone looking for Classic or SC version, but have the other way around. If I really like the music, I will by the ORG - that is probably the biggest determiner in my case..

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post
                I can't think of any 45 rpm records from Speakers Corner.
                Speakers Corner has at least two 45 rpm records:

- Herold - Lanchberry, La Fille Mal Gardee, SXL 2313-45 (I have this LP) and
                - Mendelssohn, Hebrides Overture (Fingal's Cave), SXL 2246-45

FWIW, I bought ORG reissue of Mercury Living Presence Prokofiev Love For Three Oranges Suite (SR90006//ORG118) years ago and was very disappointed. It can’t touch Classic Records reissue and it’s not even close. IMO, Classic Records Mercury reissues are still head and shoulders above anything else. Originals of course can be a different story but I don’t have any to make a comparison. On the other hand I love other Speakers Corner Mercury reissues and use some as my reference.

Source: Kuzma XL DC/4Point 14 inch/CAR60, Benz Micro LP-S MR; Phono: Zanden 1200 Mk3; Tuner: Magnum Dynalab MD-108T Signature; Line Stage: Zanden 3000 Mk2; Power amp: conrad-johnson ART monos; Speakers: AlsyVox Botticelli; Grounding: Tripoint Troy Elite NG/Emperor Mk2; Cable system: Cardas Clear & Clear Beyond; Stands: Finite Elemente Master Reference & Master Reference Heavy Duty; Power strip: Cardas Nautilus; Acoustics treatment: Svanå Miljöteknik AB (SMT);

Comment

• tima
                  tima commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SXL 2246-45 Peter Maag's Scotch symphony and Hebrides are wonderful. You can almost feel the cold cold waves lashing against the Scottish coast.

• MylesBAstor
                  MylesBAstor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Think they are both Long OOP though and command bongo bucks.

• tima
                  tima commented
                  Editing a comment
                  $50-80 for two 45rpm LPs.

All this talk about ORG and Speakers Corner has me looking to expanding my library with more titles from each of them. I just noticed that Johnny Winter "Second Winter" has the 4th side in 45rpm as well.
                Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra 5S's & SS's sprinkled about - SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

Originally posted by timztunz View Post
                  All this talk about ORG and Speakers Corner has me looking to expanding my library with more titles from each of them. I just noticed that Johnny Winter "Second Winter" has the 4th side in 45rpm as well.
                  Tim- did you ever buy the Speakers Corner Crossings? What did you think- musically? sonically?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post

Tim- did you ever buy the Speakers Corner Crossings? What did you think- musically? sonically?
                    I did as a matter of fact, from your recommendation. Sonically I thought it does just what Speakers Corner seems to do so well, put me right there! Musically I was a little surprised at first and needed a couple of listens. But once I got my head around it, I love it personally.

Comment

• Bill Hart
                      Bill Hart commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It is a little out there but it packs a lot in- not your standard fare. thanks for letting me know. at least you didn't say, WTF, this bill hart dude is so off the wall, I'm going to disregard anything he says about music.

• timztunz
                      timztunz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope, not going to say that Bill. You haven't led me wrong yet.

The ORG45 of Aaron Neville - Warm Your Heart is outstanding, if not spectacular.
                    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

The preorder ORG Mercury pressings were announced a long time ago. Are they struggling?

Comment

• tima
                        tima commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Don't know. There are a lot of those albums already out there. Maybe they are waiting on a certain number of preorders. I preordered both 6 months ago.

Thanks for the reminder on the Speakers Corners 45's. I had forgotten about them. I do have the Mendelssohn Scotch. I'll have to compare to my original ED1.

Larry
                      Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
                      Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
                      Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
                      Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
                      Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
                      Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
                      Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Working...
                      X