This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nc42acc View Post
    I cannot find the Aaron Neville disc on the ORG label. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
    http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/84...M_Vinyl_Record
    Simon Yorke S10 | Koetsu Urushi Tsugaru | AcousticPlan PhonoMaster | Muse Model Two | Innuous ZEN Mini Mk II | Valvet Soulshine2 | Valvet E2 | Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Aren't you guys confusing Original Recordings Group and ORG Music- two different labels, aren't they?

Comment

• Rob
        Rob commented
        Editing a comment
        Its too early yet, confusion will set in about 5 hrs from now when I pour myself a stiff drink and ease into some fab new vinyl I got this week

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        They are the same AFAIK.

Website is orgmusic.com

Label is original recordings groups: http://www.musicdirect.com/m-161-ori...ecording-group.

ORG Music does both reissues and new music artists,

Unless I am missing something.

• allenh
        allenh commented
        Editing a comment
        I always thought they were one and the same.

If you scroll down in this link you will see a post by "Groovenoter" from Singapore, which i suspect emanates from Ying Tan (who also has a label called Groove Note- that's what those Vanessa Fernandez records were issued on, if memory serves).
      Here's what Groovenoter said: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...172467/page-11
      PS: it is post # 271.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post
        If you scroll down in this link you will see a post by "Groovenoter" from Singapore, which i suspect emanates from Ying Tan (who also has a label called Groove Note- that's what those Vanessa Fernandez records were issued on, if memory serves).
        Here's what Groovenoter said: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...172467/page-11
        PS: it is post # 271.
        Yes that sure sounds like Ying but then the new website only contributes to the confusion. I knew he has a partner (s) when ORG started but that sounds like it was dissolved a while ago. I went back to my albums it says Original Recording Group on the back of the album. So I guess that is the correct title and I stand corrected.

There were quite a few albums on Groove Note including Anthony Wilson, Bill Cunliffe and Jacintha. The GN are also available now on R2R tape.
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
        -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• Bill Hart
          Bill Hart commented
          Editing a comment
          OK, maybe you are right, except for the statement I linked to - which implied that Ying has no direct involvement in ORG Music. But, as I said, I'm not trying to stir it up, I just seemed to remember there was a difference, including in some of the back catalog. Have that drink yet, Rob?

• MylesBAstor
          MylesBAstor commented
          Editing a comment
          I know Ying but he's not the best at responding to emails.

• allenh
          allenh commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for clarifying, Bill.

Just received this note from Ying today answering Bill's question. The thread title has been edited accordingly! I have to say my mouth waters at the thought of the Bernard Herrmann and Bill Evans's Vol. 2 reissues!

1. Groove Note is the label I started after departing Classic Records in the late 1990s and does mostly
        new original material from a variety of artists including Anthony Wilson, Bennie Wallace and Roy Gaines
        but is most famously associated with Singaporean chanteuse Jacintha (Here's To Ben, Autumn Leaves, Lush
        Life plus a few others). We recently just released the second Vanessa Fernandez album of Led Zepp covers:
        GRV1088 When the Levee Breaks. We also plan to release the entire GRV catalogue on reel to reel tape. We
        are incorporated in Singapore and are totally separate from ORG.

2. I'm also one of the main partners in the Original Recordings Group aka ORG since late 2009. This is a pure
        reissue label and is also a separate company/entity from ORG Music. ORG Music is spinoff started by one of the
        original partners who left the company around 2011. Unfortunately the two overly similar names have caused a
        lot of confusion in the market. In any case here is the actual address for the ORG (currently under rebuild) website:
        http://originalrecordingsgroup.com/

Upcoming ORG releases include the following titles: Diana Krall - Love Scenes, The Mysterious World of Bernard
        Herrmann, Bill Evans - Paris Edition Volume 2 and Bizet - Carmen Suites with Ansermet and SRO.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

I pulled out my Bernard Hermann Mysterious World record and cleaned it, but haven't listened to it yet (well, not for like 30 years). It is a Phase 4, with Decca style deadwax inscriptions, a made in Englend indication or two, but a US address on the cover. Were these imports? Or is this the same issue as the Decca v London thing on classical?

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
            Just received this note from Ying today answering Bill's question. The thread title has been edited accordingly! I have to say my mouth waters at the thought of the Bernard Herrmann and Bill Evans's Vol. 2 reissues!

1. Groove Note is the label I started after departing Classic Records in the late 1990s and does mostly
            new original material from a variety of artists including Anthony Wilson, Bennie Wallace and Roy Gaines
            but is most famously associated with Singaporean chanteuse Jacintha (Here's To Ben, Autumn Leaves, Lush
            Life plus a few others). We recently just released the second Vanessa Fernandez album of Led Zepp covers:
            GRV1088 When the Levee Breaks. We also plan to release the entire GRV catalogue on reel to reel tape. We
            are incorporated in Singapore and are totally separate from ORG.

2. I'm also one of the main partners in the Original Recordings Group aka ORG since late 2009. This is a pure
            reissue label and is also a separate company/entity from ORG Music. ORG Music is spinoff started by one of the
            original partners who left the company around 2011. Unfortunately the two overly similar names have caused a
            lot of confusion in the market. In any case here is the actual address for the ORG (currently under rebuild) website:
            http://originalrecordingsgroup.com/

Upcoming ORG releases include the following titles: Diana Krall - Love Scenes, The Mysterious World of Bernard
            Herrmann, Bill Evans - Paris Edition Volume 2 and Bizet - Carmen Suites with Ansermet and SRO.

I preordered the Bernard Hermann and Ansermet LPs and eagerly await those as well. Along with AP, GN and ORG are my favorite labels. And I think you guys know how I feel about Jacintha. :-)
            Kronos Sparta -> Trinity Phono -> Trinity Pre -> CH Precision A1 -> Magico S7s

Comment

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              But does your wife know? 😉

Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post
            I pulled out my Bernard Hermann Mysterious World record and cleaned it, but haven't listened to it yet (well, not for like 30 years). It is a Phase 4, with Decca style deadwax inscriptions, a made in Englend indication or two, but a US address on the cover. Were these imports? Or is this the same issue as the Decca v London thing on classical?
            What do I know? But I prefer the Decca/Phase 4 release. Actually MOFI did a pretty respectable job with their release too.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Well, I'm listening to my old "import" of the Bernard Hermann Mysterious World and it is quite impressive. Perhaps a little compressed, so that's where the ORG might shine and open things up even more. Man, I haven't listened to this record in decades!

Comment

IIRC, I have the London Phase 4 version and it sounds great.
                Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-300 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

The Four Faces of Jazz is excellent too as it Mysterious Film World (next to impossible to find) in the Decca Phase 4 release.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Here's an interview with Ying Tan in the Genesis distributor's store in Bangkok. The introduction is in Thai, but since Ying doesn't speak Thai (as far as I know.....) the interview actual is in English.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
                      MylesBAstor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Gary, just saw it on Mat's FB page and was going to post!

• garylkoh
                      garylkoh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah - there's a VPI and a Genesis phono stage in the background :-)

• MylesBAstor
                      MylesBAstor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Saw that! 👍

For what it's worth, it is possible to find the Decca Phase 4 of the Bernard Hermann recordings through English dealers; however, they are rare and priced accordingly. The U.S. London pressings are actually quite good and easy to find.
                    Rockport Sirius turntable, Lyra Atlas SL cartridge, Audio Note M9 SE Phono stage, Audio Note M10 (Signature) linestage, EMM Labs TX2/DA2 digital, Audio Note Balanced Kegon amps, EMM Labs MTRX amps, Acapella Triolons, Jorma Prime and Odin 2 cables, Stage 3 Kraken power cords, HB Marble Powerslave, Finite Elemente Pagode Reference stands and Cerabases, Halcyonics active isolation bases, HRS Equipment stand, Stillpoints Ultra 6 footers, Furitech cable isolators and plugs, Loricraft and Audiodesk vinyl cleaners, Yamaha CT7000 Tuner.

Comment

Originally posted by fcrowder View Post
                      For what it's worth, it is possible to find the Decca Phase 4 of the Bernard Hermann recordings through English dealers; however, they are rare and priced accordingly. The U.S. London pressings are actually quite good and easy to find.
                      I purchased my Mysterious Film World through a UK dealer. Even there, that album is near impossible to get one's hands on. Don't know why. The other Herrmann Phase 4s are in plentiful supply.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

I purchased my Mysterious Film World through a UK dealer. Even there, that album is near impossible to get one's hands on. Don't know why. The other Herrmann Phase 4s are in plentiful supply.
                        I found a copy on ebay the seller was in Oz it was under 40 bucks incl shipping, I got off relatively cheap. btw, the sonics are noticeably better than the Londons. The music is simply thrilling, I love it.

Simon Yorke S10 | Koetsu Urushi Tsugaru | AcousticPlan PhonoMaster | Muse Model Two | Innuous ZEN Mini Mk II | Valvet Soulshine2 | Valvet E2 | Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

• MylesBAstor
                          MylesBAstor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          $40 is a steal. It's a fabulous album and a reference here. Glad you said the sound is better than the US Phase 4s too. And it's a Wilkie recording.

• Rob
                          Rob commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Bill, ORG is reissuing a few titles from the Classic film Score series put out by RCA not the Bernard Hermanns. The RCAs were all conducted by Charles Gerhardt/NPO recorded at Kingsway Hall recorded by DECCA and engineered by none other than the great Wilkie. TMK, the Mysterious Film World of BH hasn't been reissued in decades, sorry for adding to the confusion.

https://www.discogs.com/label/823199...ic-Film-Scores

• Bill Hart
                          Bill Hart commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Rob- I misread Myles' post #3 which was a wish, not a fact. I thought it was happening. Oh, well, I guess another serious record to put on my list. Thanks.
                      Working...
                      X