All records are not created equal.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

I got duped and bought some of that Doxy and Wax Time dreck off ebay...its real shit, I'm still pissed over it.
    Simon Yorke S10 | My Sonic Lab Eminent GL | AcousticPlan PhonoMaster | Wadia X32 | Innuous ZEN Mini Mk II | Valvet Soulshine2 | Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10 MkII | Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...t-of-the-cool/

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...pKV6KGSS7pb.97

I'm totally on the same page as Fremer on this review. I bought my Doxy copy of Out of the Cool via im Ricketts of tmh-audio. My first impression upon opening the album was how the hell did they do a single sided 45 rpm reissue? Then I put the album on the table and couldn't help but notice that the Doxy reissue was really hard sounding; I attributed that to the DMM process. But things only got worse from there. Sadly, I have a lot of the Alto releases but never purchased the Gil Evans.

And BTW, I think Gil Evans is a genius and love his recordings and arrangements!
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
      -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

With the sound of some of the digital remastered reissue vinyl the majors are putting out, some of them could almost be seen as bootleggers.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
          http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...t-of-the-cool/

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...pKV6KGSS7pb.97

I'm totally on the same page as Fremer on this review. I bought my Doxy copy of Out of the Cool via im Ricketts of tmh-audio. My first impression upon opening the album was how the hell did they do a single sided 45 rpm reissue? Then I put the album on the table and couldn't help but notice that the Doxy reissue was really hard sounding; I attributed that to the DMM process. But things only got worse from there. Sadly, I have a lot of the Alto releases but never purchased the Gil Evans.

And BTW, I think Gil Evans is a genius and love his recordings and arrangements!
          Regardless of the recording chain provenance, one issue may be invisible and that's the quality of the vinyl itself used in a pressing run. There are only so many sources for vinyl pellets - the last time I looked they weren't increasing in number - and 'interim pressers' may have to take whatever blend is on the market at any given time.

Comment

Working...
          X