Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bpw
    replied
    You might not recognize the place, since extensive remodeling was completed in early '14.

Leave a comment:

• siddh
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Brian,
    I visited Essential years back when looking into Avalon Eidelon. I had an enjoyable time...although my wife accompanied me, limiting the audition opportunity. I look forward to a future drive down...thanks for the invite.

• bpw
    replied
    Originally posted by siddh View Post
    Living in Milwaukee, a virtual stone throw away, I much regret not being able to attend this year. Prior obligations. But, I did get to tear open a number of lps...RSD and non. And, I am now enjoying the spoils of last weeks paycheck.
    I didn't realize you are so close. Spoil yourself more, come down for a visit sometime, and bring some of that vinyl

Leave a comment:

• Bruce B
    replied
    Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

So going to do some tube rolling with the 300Bs?
    Oh yeah... Jack asked me if I wanted the upgraded tubes. I told him I need to take baby steps. I'll see what the stock tubes do and then I'll start the rolling! First time I've had 300b tubes.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce B View Post

Yup..... some 300b's
    So going to do some tube rolling with the 300Bs?

Leave a comment:

• Bruce B
    replied
    Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

With those big tubes?
    Yup..... some 300b's

Leave a comment:

• nc42acc
    commented on 's reply
    I am sorry Myles I did buy a CD from Vincent Belanger in the Audio Note room.

• Madfloyd
    replied
    Thank you, Myles!

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce B View Post
    My wallet got REAAAAAAALLLY light when I left with a Woo Audio WA5 headphone amp!

With those big tubes?

Leave a comment:

• Hugh
    replied
    Originally posted by 1morerecord2clean View Post

We will touch base in the next month or so Hugh.

Mark Brodie
    Thanks Mark.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce B
    replied
    My wallet got REAAAAAAALLLY light when I left with a Woo Audio WA5 headphone amp!

Leave a comment:

• 1morerecord2clean
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh View Post

Done deal.
    We will touch base in the next month or so Hugh.

Mark Brodie

Leave a comment:

• Hugh
    replied
    Originally posted by 1morerecord2clean View Post

We should have a drink close to dinn time Friday.
    Done deal.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by Madfloyd View Post
    Myles, how is I Robot? I neeeeeeeed to know!
    I've gone back and forth tonight five times listening to the first seven minutes or so of side one of the new MOFI vs. Classic reissue of I Robot. Right now I have to do more comparisons as each repressing has its strengths. Preliminarily only. The Mofi might be a little softer (though it might be more tape like) but the Classic might be a little thinner and hyped. The Mofi has a little less sense of dynamic gradations but very good macrodynamics.

Spatially, the Mofi has a greater, [read amazing] sense of space; one feels more enveloped in the recording on the Mofi than the Classic. Plus the Mofi seems to have a little more low end extension in the opening than the Classic. While the instrumental lines/instruments may stand out a little more, it's more due to the lack of surrounding space. In fact, it's easier to follow some of the individual tracks on the Mofi than on the Classic reissue.

More to come.

Leave a comment:

• TitaniumTroy
    replied
    My pocketbook is a little lighter, picked up MoFi Collection 1in CD, MoFi Collection 2 in SACD. Also Peter, Paul and Mary in SACD from Audio Fidelity, and finally a freebie Legacy Music Sampler.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X