R.I.P. jdandy (Dan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. jdandy (Dan)

I haven't seen on this site any mention of Dan's passing. I found out just a few moments ago from another audio site, AA. Dan was a huge voice there and we have all lost a great member of our audio community. I am saddened to find this out and offer my deepest condolences to Dan's family and friends, including all who knew him on Audionirvana.

Dan was a good man who was kind to all. RIP Dan.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Thanks for posting. Heard about Dan’s passing and it was so soon after his wife’s untimely passing. His kind soul will be missed. RIP (audio) soul brother!
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
      -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers and Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
      -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 and Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Just incredibly sad. RIP jdandy.

Comment

RIP indeed. Dan was a good man and always had a logical view of everything.

Comment

Yep, Dan contributed much to our community. He was the first contact I came across on the forums and helped me with a firmware update on a McIntosh preamp I had at the time as well as making me aware of Aurender, and haven’t looked back.

Thanks Dan, and we all know you will bring audio to the other side. RIP.
            Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
            Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
            Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
            Speakers: Wilson Alexias
            Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
            Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 Amp Breakers on grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF receptacle packages | Surge Guard at Main Panel | Keces P3 & P8 | ADD POWR series
            Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Comment

My condolences to his family.
              Every day is a good day to play analog.
              - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
              - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
              Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

Working...
              X