Crazy Good to Outrageously Good **Reissued** LPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    Reissues only!!! Albums that really show off the system!!!

Here’s six titles off the top of my head.

AP/RCA Szering/Rubinstein Beethoven and Brahms
    MOFI Yes Fragile 45 rpm single step reissue
    AP/Bethlehem Nina Simone Little Girl Blue 45 rpm (jaw dropping and remember recorded in 1957)
    AP/RCA Elvis ‘57 (another oldie from 1957) 45 rpm
    AP/Contemporary Poll Winners Three (1958?)
    MOFI Dead Can Dance Into The Labyrinth
    I didn't realize there was a 45RPM version of Little Girl Blue. I love the 33...
    Magico M-Project, CAT JL7s, darTZeel 18NS, Kronos Pro Limited Edition/SME 3012R/Atlas SL/Opus-1,CH Precision P1, Schiit Yggdrasil, KS Elation ICs & SCs

Comment

Originally posted by Madfloyd View Post

I didn't realize there was a 45RPM version of Little Girl Blue. I love the 33...
      Yes.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
      -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

So the question is ... Yes Fragile 45 rpm ... is that release based off of the Steve Wilson remix? And if not, has anyone heard both and can they comment on the comparative presentation of the two?

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze View Post
          So the question is ... Yes Fragile 45 rpm ... is that release based off of the Steve Wilson remix? And if not, has anyone heard both and can they comment on the comparative presentation of the two?
          Not to my knowledge.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

Not to my knowledge.
            You own it though? If so, can you comment on it's presentation vs. a standard 'cut'.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze View Post
              Definitely not the SW remix. This is all analog and SW remixes digitally. Was the SW released on vinyl? I know I have the digital version (I do like all his mixes) but Fragile original mix is good and this one-step sounds really good.
              Magico M-Project, CAT JL7s, darTZeel 18NS, Kronos Pro Limited Edition/SME 3012R/Atlas SL/Opus-1,CH Precision P1, Schiit Yggdrasil, KS Elation ICs & SCs

Comment

The SW remix of Fragile (and all his Yes remixes) were indeed released on vinyl. I don’t have it though. I have the hi-res BluRay audio of his Fragile remix, and it’s phenomenal. I also have the UD1S MoFi Fragile. I can’t compare the two vinyl versions but both versions sound excellent. I’m a die hard analog guy, but I think honestly if one was being completely unbiased the hi-res SW remix sounds better in absolute terms. That said the UD1S is the best LP version I have ever heard.
                TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
                VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH
                DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, Marantz NA6006/Pioneer N-50, Schiit Bifrost
                SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9, Velodyne FSR-15
                AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

The new reissue of Genesis’s live “Seconds Out” is absolutely jaw dropping. A MUST for Prog-era Genesis fans.
                  TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
                  VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH
                  DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, Marantz NA6006/Pioneer N-50, Schiit Bifrost
                  SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9, Velodyne FSR-15
                  AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

• Skylab
                    Skylab commented
                    Editing a comment
                    🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

• Madfloyd
                    Madfloyd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Of course you know that if you recommend anything I will probably buy it since I know you have good taste.

• Skylab
                    Skylab commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not sure if you’re a Marillion fan, but the 2018 reissue of Clutching at Straws also sounds amazing!

Anyone get a UD1S MoFi (adopting Skylab's abbreviation) that disappointed them?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190110_230442.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	135332Click image for larger version

Name:	20181114_220847.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	135333Click image for larger version

Name:	20180919_231841.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	135334Click image for larger version

Name:	20181017_205718.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	135335Click image for larger version

Name:	20181109_211636.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	135336

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• Madfloyd
                      Madfloyd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't know the Tom Waits/Crystal Gayle but I can attest to the others being great!

• adeep42
                      adeep42 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There's not a lot of people who are familiar with this record. It's a real sleeper flying way under the radar.

MCA Audiophile pressing of Steely Dan’s “Gaucho”

I love playing this when demo’ing my system to new visitors, brings smiles to lots of faces.
                    Benz LPS, AMG v12 turntable, Einstein Turntables' Choice phono-pre (balanced, dual mono version), dCS Rossini DAC, Roon ROCK, Audio Research Ref10 pre, Audio Research Ref75 amp, Wilson Alexia speakers. Transparent Ref MM2 & Gen5 signal, Ref MM2 speaker cables, Shunyata Zitron Sigma, AlphaNR, Python, Anaconda, Cobra power cables. Shunyata Hydra Triton v3, Stillpoints. HRS. Acoustic environment optimized by Dr. Bonnie Schnitta of SoundSense.

Comment

• Madfloyd
                      Madfloyd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There's a gazillion MCA pressings of Gaucho, which one is their 'audiophile' pressing?

• Rob
                      Rob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      you can call up Tom Port he'll sell your the 'right' matrix number for the paltry sum of 800 clams

There is also a “B” in the wax, after the “A3”, not sure what it signifies.

Click image for larger version  Name:	E71A23A9-81B1-4244-BB58-807547AA82B7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.14 MB ID:	135486Click image for larger version  Name:	87D77641-7351-469D-87A5-A6E67FBEE365.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.55 MB ID:	135485Click image for larger version  Name:	38B52BC5-B961-4DFC-B061-711D009BA515.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	887.9 KB ID:	135484
                    Benz LPS, AMG v12 turntable, Einstein Turntables' Choice phono-pre (balanced, dual mono version), dCS Rossini DAC, Roon ROCK, Audio Research Ref10 pre, Audio Research Ref75 amp, Wilson Alexia speakers. Transparent Ref MM2 & Gen5 signal, Ref MM2 speaker cables, Shunyata Zitron Sigma, AlphaNR, Python, Anaconda, Cobra power cables. Shunyata Hydra Triton v3, Stillpoints. HRS. Acoustic environment optimized by Dr. Bonnie Schnitta of SoundSense.

Comment

• Madfloyd
                      Madfloyd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks. Any idea what year that came out? Trying to find it on discogs...

• Madfloyd
                      Madfloyd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nevermind, found it. 1980 pressing
                      https://www.discogs.com/Steely-Dan-G...elease/4165807

• BadBob
                      BadBob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I bought mine 5 - 7 years ago. Found a sealed copy, but paid at the time the most I’d paid for an LP... I think it was ~$80. Worth it to me—love the LP and the sound is the best of any of the dozen other pressings I’ve had.

Anyone want some SOTA $400/$600 Lps?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/28/a...-co-vinyl.html

Soc

Comment

• Madfloyd
                      Madfloyd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      paywall...

I looked at the already indicated reissues. I didn’t see the 45 rpm Classics reissue of Reiner/Chicago of Prokofiev’s Lt Kije and Stravinsky’s Song of the Nightingale. If they were on someone’s post disregard my choice. These are stunning performances and reissue.
                    TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Ortofon Windfeld-Ti Cartridge, Arcam R Phono Preamp

Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer

VTL 6.5 preamp
                    Pass Labs 150.8 Amp

Piega C711 Loudspeakers

Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls

Acoustic Revive RR-888 Low Frequency Pulse Generator

Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; Synergistic Research Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 power cord, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates & Blue Outlets, Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables

Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

I’m not seeing APs reissue of Take Five or Getz/Gilberto both on 45rpm. Also QRPs reissue of Ellington Masterpieces either the 33 or 45. The list goes on.
                      TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Ortofon Windfeld-Ti Cartridge, Arcam R Phono Preamp

Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer

VTL 6.5 preamp
                      Pass Labs 150.8 Amp

Piega C711 Loudspeakers

Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls

Acoustic Revive RR-888 Low Frequency Pulse Generator

Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; Synergistic Research Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 power cord, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates & Blue Outlets, Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables

Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

Working...
                      X