Another hurricane...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another hurricane...

I've sort of lost track of how many hurricanes I've been through over the years, only the really bad ones stick in my mind. Sally wouldn't have been so bad a 105 mph wind speed but it dawdled along at 3 mph giving it lots of time to fuck things up. Got to get rid of one tree leaning over the house which will take real pros to take down. 'Bout killed myself trying to clean up the last few days with the heat and humidity, about two weeks worth of cleanup left at my speed since I'm not as young as I used to be.

But as of today I have power and A/C back. Hard to sleep when you're sweating even on the ceramic tile floor to try to get cool, So I'm sitting in my undamaged house in air conditioned comfort with a very large sweet tea, a cigar and music.

Glad you made it through okay.

Comment

It’s been one hell of a year. The smoke is moving out of the Bay Area for the time being. Hot weather returning next weekend. Enjoy the respite and stay safe.
      Last edited by dan31; 09-20-2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Rust
        Rust commented
        Editing a comment
        My brother and his family live up by Santa Rosa and have been lucky not getting burned out the last few years. They were excited the other day that they actually saw blue skies for a change. It's sort of pick your natural disaster.

Originally posted by Rust View Post
      I've sort of lost track of how many hurricanes I've been through over the years, only the really bad ones stick in my mind. Sally wouldn't have been so bad a 105 mph wind speed but it dawdled along at 3 mph giving it lots of time to fuck things up. Got to get rid of one tree leaning over the house which will take real pros to take down. 'Bout killed myself trying to clean up the last few days with the heat and humidity, about two weeks worth of cleanup left at my speed since I'm not as young as I used to be.

But as of today I have power and A/C back. Hard to sleep when you're sweating even on the ceramic tile floor to try to get cool, So I'm sitting in my undamaged house in air conditioned comfort with a very large sweet tea, a cigar and music.
      I am happy that you made it through Sally. I hope the rest of the season leaves you alone so you can clean up the damage from Sally.

Sit back, rest and spin some tunes. You have earned it.

Best of luck,
      Ed
      Life is analog...digital is just samples thereof
      https://www.edsstuff.org

Analog: Walnut VPI Prime TT, HRX Pulley + 3 Belt Drive + ADS Speed Ctrl, 3D Dual Pivot Assy, Tru Lift, HW-40 Feet
      Analog 2: Ortofon Windfeld Ti + Bob's Devices VPI Sky 30 Stepup + Liberty Audio B2B-1 Phono Preamp, Stereo Squares Dust Cover, Wayne's Audio Peripheral Ring
      Analog Care: VPI MW-1, Kirmuss KA-RC-1, Record Doctor V, Hunt EDA VI Brush, AQ Brush, Discwasher Record Care Kit
      Digital: TASCAM UH-7000 USB Interface, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai Universal Disc Player, NAD C448 Internet Radio/Streamer
      Digital 2: Digital Audio Workstation (Toshiba P75-A7200 w/MS Windows 10, 24GB RAM, 1.5 TB Crucial MX300 SSD Internal Storage, Intel i7-4700MQ Processor)

Amp: Rogue RP-9 Line Preamp, Schiit Loki Tone Ctrls, Parasound A21 Power Amp
      Speakers: Magnepan MMC2, REL T9/i Subwoofer
      Headphones: Stax Lambda Pro + Woo Audio GES, Focal Clear + Schiit Lyr 2
      Wires: Kimber Hero ICs, Kimber 8TC Speaker Cables, AQ Leopard Phono IC, Pangea Silver USB Cables, StraightWire Expressivo ICs
      Power: Furman Elite 15 PFi

Comment

• Rust
        Rust commented
        Editing a comment
        Fortunately for me and unfortunately for my friends over in Texas, Beta is hitting them and Louisiana.

• EdAInWestOC
        EdAInWestOC commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear that. I hope you get through it with little to nothing lost.
    Working...
    X