When Worlds Collide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Worlds Collide

I just purchased the latest tape offering from Yarlung Records - Mahler Symphony No. 5 by Gerard Schwarz and The Colburn Orchestra/ My daughter, who plays violin and viola, came into the room and asked about the piece. I assume she recognized it. As we listened she looked at the booklet and immediately noticed someone she knew. When she was in high school she went to music camp in New York (Lake Luzerne Music Camp). Although music remains a hobby for her we knew that we would be seeing many of the camp alumni in orchestras and other places in the music industry. These kids lived to play and their performances proved it.

The last year she was there they played softball against the Philadelphia Firebirds - the team of the Phila. orchestra. By tradition the National Anthem was played by the viola section. whenever an orchestra member got up to bat the campers would yell jokes based on their instrument. That year the campers won.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mahler-5-Vol-1.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	20573

So? I am curious because is the first large scale orchestral effort Yarlung has undertaken. And the first time, albeit being two tapes, that they have released the full recording on tape!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

I saw the heading WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE

I thought it was a thread on Whats best form

Comment

Working...
    X