Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It´s the Vernal Equinox and therefore you must all listen to Stravinskys Rite of Spring.
    Sorry. No. I´m afraid its mandatory.

My favourite is Dorati/DSO on Decca.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rite of spring.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	47669

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	s3370126.jpg
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	47761

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges, van den Hul Colibri Stradivarius; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Name:	jan.jpg
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	47764

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges, van den Hul Colibri Stradivarius; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
          MylesBAstor commented
          Editing a comment
          As an aside. I hate these original Japanese TBM/Toshiiba, etc. dynawarp like pressings. 90% of them are warped. I much rather prefer the later 180 gm tbm pressings for that reason alone.

• Rob
          Rob commented
          Editing a comment
          time to step up and buy an ORB flattener

• MylesBAstor
          MylesBAstor commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah you may be right. I might have to break down.

• Bailterspace - Strobosphere. awesome album from the Christchurch lads based in NYC - On Fire records and still readily available

33566251275_6540f06d59_b.jpg

Comment

• Interpol - Antics. superb sophomore album from Interpol. Unfortunately downhill from there and yet to capture that musical magic from the first two albums - imo

32723909194_a2edd8046e_b.jpg

Comment

• One, two and three

Name:	one.jpg
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	47816

Name:	two.jpg
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	47817

Name:	three.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	47818

Comment

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              The first album introduced me to Alan Parsons back in the '80s later following by I Robot.

Some interesting trivia from Wiki on the different pressing of Tales...that I didn't know about. I actually have the MOFI CD signed by Alan Parsons at a special event. I guess I didn't realize being an analog person the significance of the CD rollout.

Originally simply called The Alan Parsons Project, the album was successful enough to achieve gold status. The identity of The Alan Parsons Project as a group was cemented on the second album, I Robot, in 1977.

The original version of the album was available for several years on vinyl and cassette, but was not immediately available on CD (the CD technology not being commercially available until 1982).

In 1987, Parsons completely remixed the album, including additional guitar passages and narration (by Orson Welles) as well as updating the production style to include heavy reverb and the gated reverb snare drum sound, which was popular in the 1980s. The CD notes that Welles never met Parsons or Eric Woolfson, but sent a tape to them of the performance shortly after the album was manufactured in 1976.

The first passage narrated by Welles on the 1987 remix (which comes before the first track, "A Dream Within a Dream") is sourced from an obscure nonfiction piece by Poe – No XVI of his Marginalia (from 1845 to 1849 Edgar Allan Poe titled some of his reflections and fragmentary material "Marginalia.") The second passage Welles reads (which comes before "The Fall of the House of Usher" (Prelude), seems to be a partial paraphrase or composite from nonfiction by Poe, chiefly from a collection of poems titled "Poems of Youth" by Poe (contained in "Introduction to Poems – 1831" in a section titled "Letter to Mr. B-----------"; the "Shadows of shadows passing" part of the quote comes from the Marginalia.

In 1994 Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL) released the original 1976 version on CD (UDCD-606), making the original available digitally for the first time.

In 2007, a Deluxe Edition released by Universal Music included both the 1976 and the 1987 versions remastered by Alan Parsons during 2006 with eight additional bonus tracks.

• RandyRobinson
              RandyRobinson commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for that Myles. I knew that Orson Welles added content to a remake but not all of that detail. I bought I Robot and Pyramid when they came out. Most of the others came much later. I originally bought the US release of Tales but recently found a minty UK copy on the Charisma label. It's the nicer of the two. The 2007 release now has my interest. By the way, tomorrow an Allnic L3000 arrives. Looking forward to hearing it with the H3000.

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              Very cool! Looking forward to your report on the new piece!

• Trans Europa Express turns 40 today! So lets go for that.

Name:	IMG_1529.PNG
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	47834

Comment

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              That's one group no matter how much I try that I can never warm up too. One of my audiobuddies and colleagues Bob Reina was ga-ga over Kraftwerk. We had to politely disagree on this.

• Per Sundell
              Per Sundell commented
              Editing a comment
              Just because we are interested we don´t have to love all music!

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	47892

Lou Reed - Transformer. RCA Dynalfex Promo from 1972. Lou's finest work.....

Comment

Name:	
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	47894

Elvis Costello - My Aim Is True (Stiff UK original pressing from 1977). I've compared the Stiff UK vs. US Columbia original pressing vs. Mofi pressing and its not even remotely close. The Stiff UK embarrasses the rest. Makes me wonder about some Mofi pressings........

Comment

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	437.8 KB
ID:	47907 Lsc 2577. 1s/1s. Awesome !
                Christian
                System Tour
                System Gear

Comment

• The Stone Roses - 2nd Coming. original UK pressing. lots of mixed reviews when this came out - me, I really like it.

33545729586_86016cbbbe_b.jpg

Comment

• Per Sundell
                    Per Sundell commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It´s quite alright! Ten storey lovesong is so good it could take a place on the first album.

• Steven Wilson and Aviv Gefen as:
                  Blackfield - Blackfield
                  Blackfield - Blackfield IV

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing
                  Steven Wilson - 4½ (EP)
                  Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
                    Johnny Vinyl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A slight off-topic, yet relative. It takes me all day to play what I post as I'm unable to settle down in my room for extended periods. With my Mom needing constant attention this isn't likely to change until she leaves in mid-June.

Name:	
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	47984

Name:	
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	47985
                  Tindersticks - Can Our Love.....
                  Tindersticks - Waiting for the Moon

Great band and phenomenal musicianship.

Comment

Name:	
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	47987

Love is the Drug.................. Roxy Music - Siren (Island UK pressing, 1975)

Comment

• One of my substitute guitar teachers came over to listen this afternoon and had a pretty wild listening session on tape and LP. And comparing the Atlas SL to the vdh Colibri!

Hadn't played this album in ages and have to wonder why. Sensational. Listened to the Clare Fischer Pensative cut here vs. the version on the IPI release with Charles Lloyd. Well the melody is the same but that's about all. And both are amazing.

Name:	R-2777085-1327362716.jpeg.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	48071

Comment

Working...
                      X