• cpp
    replied
    Yep the good old days.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    Administrator

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    I was a sophomore in HS (the year the '69 Mets won the WS) and remember two girls from my class going to Woodstock. They were definitely of the hippie/strange crowd in those days. One of the girls thought she was a witch.

But I did manage to make it first year of college to Watkins Glen for the Dead, Allman Brothers and The Band. Weather was awful and rained too and don't remember many of the details except for Jerry Garcia opening up these chests on stage and throwing baggies of drugs into the crowd.

Leave a comment:

• Jtycho
    Premier Club Member

• Jtycho
    replied
    It was twelve years before I was born, but what a fascinating event it was. Very glad the movie exists. Plus I love the story of my hippy mother dragging my extremely non-hippy South Philly father (who was going to Sammy Davis and Dean Martin concerts) there, only to get stuck in that never ending trail of traffic and never making it in. I can perfectly envision him concealing his anger since they were still just dating.

Leave a comment:

• cpp
    Forum Leader

• cpp
    replied
    I was 17 and it was just to far from my home at UF, so a group of us loaded up and headed out for the Atlanta Pop Festival a month earlier. Then did a replay the next year in July.

Leave a comment:

• tom_hankins
    Forum Leader

• tom_hankins
    replied
    I was 15 and living in San Diego. So didn't get to make it. But I do remember when the movie came out and seeing it at the theater in a very "concert like atmosphere". Complete with the majority of viewers smoking weed in the theater, with no objections from any one. Ahhhh, the good old days.

Leave a comment:

• JCOConnell
    Premier Club Member

• JCOConnell
    replied
    While I wasn't lucky enough to attend Woodstock, (I was only 10 years old at the time ), Thank God it is so well documented both musically and as an event in the feature film.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    Administrator

• MylesBAstor
    started a topic For Some This is History

For Some This is History

Others of us lived through it. Happy 47th anniversary Woodstock!

There's talk of a 50th celebration but somehow don't think we can recreate the conditions that lead to the greatest rock concert in history. Just had to live through the period to appreciate it. Not unlike the end of the Victorian Period at the end of WWI.

http://www.woodstock.com/happy-birth...-of-woodstock/
Working...
X